Skagway Liarsville Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Skagway Shore Excursions > Liarsville

Pan for gold in Liarsville, a fascinating reproduction of an authentic nineteenth century gold rush-era mining camp.

cruz'n bug

Fun!

Provider: Holland America Line

hhretired

1 review

For $61, this Baked Salmon excursion was worth the cost. See detailed post on RCL site. I only purchased the excursion to join my family members. Not being a salmon lover, I was pleasantly surprised the salmon was tasty due to homemade sauce. The chicken was also soft and delicious. After eating, we were treated to a Western show of comedy and singing. Next was panning for gold. Finally, we had cookies while sitting near a "campfire". This was a great and fun experience for the adults as well as for the children.

Provider: Royal Caribbean International

Dis.fan

CruiseGuy95

A bit of history mixed and an energetic staff w some local food to top off your visit. Eileen Chase, you were great!

Provider: Disney Cruise Line

shortmac8

1 review

Liarsville was a cute period camp, with a great little show about it's history with the gold panning/mining days and you could even pan for gold in the stream. Wonderful trip.

Gibson08

1 review

Gold camp was ok, I wanted more time to gold pan than was allotted, both the wife and I found gold.

MRANDMRSSKGORDON

1 review

Liarsville was entertaining and educational. The meal was great - salmon grilled over spruce, baked beans, cornbread, blueberry cake, and I don't recall what else. But it good. The skit was hokey and the replica village a little tired looking. Panning for gold seemed silly at first but then we couldn't quit. Pans are seeded with golden flakes from Canada so be sure to look closely. We learned lots about the Klondike gold rush. We also learned again that many of the workers are there for the summer and then return to America's heartland (Oklahoma among other states) until summer returns.