Ketchikan Flightseeing Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Ketchikan Shore Excursions > Flightseeing

Take flight by chartered seaplane and observe the Ketchikan wild and breath-taking views of untapped nature from an innovative and amazing perspective.

ricklepickle

1 review

We went on a float plane tour of Misty Fjord Monument through Mountain Air. I can't say enough positive things about it. Exquisite scenery. Fun!

Provider: Independent Operator

Touringc

great flight I felt safe with captain of craft and was so glad it was roomier than I thought

Provider: Celebrity Cruises

justretiredlovinit

1 review

Jim, our pilot, was very skilled. The views were outstanding!

Provider: Princess Cruises

NoobCruise

1 review

Ketchikan was a beautiful sunny day! A great day for flightseeing! We booked the Mountaintop Flightseeing and Crab Feed at George Inlet. The flight portion was great, really beautiful, but too short. It was only about a 20 minute flight. Once we arrived at the dock, we would have liked a few moments to just look around, absorb the incredible scenery, snap some pics, but we were immediately herded up to the dining room. The food was very good, but the dining room was not. We were seated at one long table with 20 to 30 people in a very small cramped room. Since my husband and I had lingered a little to snap a few pics, we were not the first ones in. If you do this excursion, try to be in the first half to enter so you can get a good seat! Half of the people seated at the long table faced the windows and got a view while they ate. The rest of us were seated with our backs to the window just facing a wall. I was very disappointed by that because their website shows a large open dining room with floor to ceiling windows and many tables where everyone could look out. What we got was about the size of a 2 car garage with a couple of small windows on one wall. That was an awful lot of money to pay to sit and stare at a wall through our meal. The food was very good though and everyone seemed to enjoy it. I thought after our meal that we would have time to relax on the deck with a beer or glass of wine. Nope. As soon as we finished eating, we were herded up to the bus and back to the ship. I think the time frame is too short for this excursion, unless you only care about eating crab. We both wished we had booked the Misty Fjords Flightseeing instead.

Provider: Holland America Line

usermom

We had never been on a seaplane before so this was a unique experience in itself. Flying around the fjords was awesome. The views were incredible. Landing on an island and exploring the area was great. We enjoyed seeing mountain goats in the native homes.

Provider: Independent Operator

Surgenber

1 review

We hiked up to the Blueberry Festival and walked around all of the booths. We found some unique souvenirs that were definitely locally made! We booked the Flightseeing/Crab Feast excursion at the Georges Inlet Lodge through Princess. We took a bus out to the lodge and had a wonderful meal of Dungeness crabs. Although the wine and beer were free flowing, I was afraid to enjoy too much, since we still had the plane ride ahead of us! After the meal, we perused the tiny gift shop and then watched our float plane fly in to get us. After taking off, we got a great tour of the area, with views of waterfalls and the logging camp. It was a great experience, but the pre-programed tape on the flight was a bit of a disappointment. However, our pilot did break through quite a bit to point out things to us. Next time, we will try Michelle and Island Wings, since it seems you get a more personal tour, but we still thoroughly enjoyed the crab and the flightseeing tour.

Provider: Princess Cruises