Kauai Luau Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Kauai Shore Excursions > Luau

To go to a Luau in Kauai is to venture into an unforgettable world of rich culture and delicious cuisine -- a must do!

Cozumel Jim

This is the best on the islands! Smith Family, they do it up right! Camera again.

Provider: Independent Operator

Ernest Hemingway

1 review

Really fun. Great show, fantastic dancing. Food was OK.

rockabutzer

Absolutely wonderful show. If you book it, don't forget to do the manor house and plantation train ride. All worth the price.

jnap

1 review

First, I must say that Kauai was probably our favorite island! Beautiful greenery, fantastic beaches, great swimming, boarding, etc. However, it was also the location of our worst experience during the trip. The Wailua River and Fern Grotto tour saw actually pretty nice, but the Smith Family Luau was a DISASTER! For our review of this event, please refer to Trip Advisor and look up "Smith Family Luau (Robert's Tours)- Save your time and money!!" I certainly won't repeat the entire review here, but the pay-off was when my wife found a very long hair in her food, which naturally destroyed our appetites, and when she told the host for the evening- a Mr. Cominga Smith- his response was simply "Okay. Thanks." as if it happens all the time! Suffice it say that the title tells you all you need to know! As I said, it was clearly the "low-light "of our entire trip!! On the second day, we departed the port early so that we could cruise by the beautiful NaPali coastline--- fantastic! I should also mention that when we disembarked, we took the N.C.L. excursion "Early Bird Pearl Harbor Tour". It was an excellent, and a very moving experience. N.C.L. makes the disembarking very easy, and it locks up all of your luggage, etc. on the bus, while you're at the memorial and then they drop you off at your terminal in the airport. Very well organized.

Provider: Independent Operator

thefenderbender

1 review

After the plantation tour we joined the Kalamaku luau. It was great! They took a few photos (like they do everywhere on the cruise) and it turned out well so we actually bought it, our embarkation day photo and NCL album. Before the luau there was lots of little shops and things to try all around the area. Then you move inside - where we found drinks, even alcohol ones, to be free! Yep, all you wanted with the caveat that if you got routey you would be sent back to the ship by cab on your dime. The food was great - pig, chicken, rice, salad and deserts - all you could ever want to eat! Then the show. The seating aspect was a little disappointing. We paid for the best sets you could and just before the show started the moved the ADA folks to the very front. Now before you call me a horrid person, I have an aunt who is disabled and it wasn't that they moved them, it was that the woman who was placed in-front of us has this I'm miss rich attitude and basically she looked perfectly fine to us, just elderly. We had gone on another shore excursion with us and she constantly looked down at us and moved around okay, better than us sometimes - so I may have just been annoyed in general. Exiting was a bit chaotic too - they didn't dismiss by table like they said they wood and it was a mob for the busses. Not sure how long we waited our turn, but was a fair bit. They eventually got us all back to the ship. Aside from that annoyance, the show itself was amazing, sound was well heard, fire on stage, and then side stages were set all through the dinning area. My hubby was not so impressed, but he's not a live performance person - he was really there for the food and because I wanted to go. Defiantly recommend and would do again.