Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Nassau Parasailing Excursion Reviews

Nassau Parasailing cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Become acquainted with Nassau from a bird's eye view on an aquatic para-sailing excursion.
Member Image RoadWarrior7
Jul 2015
Parasailing over Nassau Harbor was an awesome experience.
Read RoadWarrior7's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image larel
Jul 2015
Awesome experience with qualified crew.
Read larel's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Member Image sefan
Apr 2015
The guides were great and it was such fun!! The view was awesome. Afterwards, we met the other gals that had been shopping, at Senor Frogs. Another fun day.
Read sefan's full Carnival Fascination cruise review
Member Image tierragirl1990
Feb 2015

If I could give zero stars, I would. The guide from the ship to the waterfront raced so fast that we lost her twice. The boat is small, dirty and very slippery. The harnesses and life jackets are old and fraying. There's no choice as to how high you want to go, no way to signal if you're not comfortable at the height they choose, then they dunk you in the water whether you want it or not. They don't pay much attention to the surroundings so we almost crashed into the rock formation at the harbor entrance and they almost dropped a woman on top of the rocks for her dunk--we were only about 20 feet away from the rocks when they dropped her in the water, and you never know what's below the waterline! They take the life jackets from you as soon as you come down, so if you hit choppy water like we did, you have to hold on to the railing to keep from falling out of the boat, and we almost did several times. The promised rum punch never appeared, and the one operator kept talking religion the whole time. Nassau itself is a dump. The area just outside the cruise pier security gates is dirty, the various stand operators are aggressive and nasty. Expected better from Norwegian with that being a port of registry. In the city, the shopping is poor, mostly junk and aggressive people trying to sell hair braiding. The streets are narrow and very dirty, natives think nothing of bumping into you while walking, and they're very aggressive and not friendly. Avoid this excursion and stay on the ship. You'll be much happier and safer.

Read tierragirl1990's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image cleanandsober88
Jan 2015

Booked a “Parasailing Adventure” excursion through NCL. $89.00 per person The operators were a bit surly and lacking in manners. The Parasailing was enjoyable but I think it is once is enough adventure. You meet a representative just right off the ship and walk approximately 10-15 minutes to the boat. You are on your own on the return trip.

Read cleanandsober88's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image geegeemom
Apr 2014

The staff was great. Was calming to my nervous child. Dipped their feet and kept them out a long time. My husband was dipped deeper (to thighs) for the benefit of my kids. they thought it was awesome and very funny. Nice safe trip. Wish we had booked something else. Dis not feel comfortable at all walking around at this port.

Read geegeemom's full Carnival Splendor cruise review
Member Image bradandnikee
Nov 2013

Affordable, felt safe, fun times! Very thorough describing technique and little extras of the island!

Read bradandnikee's full Carnival Fascination cruise review
Provider: Captain Freddy
Member Image mross0822
Aug 2013

The parasailing was an amazing experience! We were ushered to a boat which was right off the port entrance, so it wasn't too far of a walk. Upon arriving, we were briefed by the tour company about how the excursion would go and then coupled up and sent up in pairs. I felt like the time we were up was a good amount of time, they did take us around the bay area for a while. They were entertaining and it was a great flight. It was easier than I had expected it to be. I really enjoyed the views of Nassau from the air, I just wish our camera would have been working so we could have taken some pictures.

Read mross0822's full Carnival Imagination cruise review
Member Image RandyPeggy
May 2013

Got to take this off my bucket list. Expected some degree of fear, but it was most enjoyable.

Read RandyPeggy's full Carnival Sensation cruise review
Member Image love my tan
Apr 2013
We booked through the water sports office in the port bldg. The two of us were taken by boat with others to a private island and dropped off by ourselves. There were 3 gentlemen on the island and we proceeded to wait over an hour for our parasailing boat. We questioned him many times and he had to call over 3 times to get the person to cone get us. It was a making us a little nervous. When he did arrive he took us parasailing for at least a half hour. It was very nice, but I have never experienced that before. Our ship was suppose to go to Grand Turk but was changed about 2 months prior to sailing. I have been to Nassau many times and it would be nice if they would have a little tram to take the passengers to town,.
Read love my tan's full Ruby Princess cruise review
Provider: Inside the port bldg
Member Image rapvm16932
Feb 2013
The parasailing was excellent. Went up about 40 feet and the ride lasted about 10 minutes. The only drawback was the price Carnival charged.
Read rapvm16932's full Carnival Glory cruise review