Florence (Livorno) Wine Tour Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Florence (Livorno) Shore Excursions > Wine Tour

Walk by vineyards and olive groves as you sip on Florenceā€™s tastiest Italian wines.

LibrarianLizy

1 review

The winery was a disappointment. I was expecting something more along the lines of the winery I visited during my study abroad time, but this was really more of a farm that was designed to feed large tour groups authentic Italian food overlooking the Tuscan countryside. They did have a small vineyard and an olive tree grove, but it really wasn’t impressive. However, the food was fantastic. Homemade pasta in a very nice bolognese sauce, and lots and lots of crusty bread, olive oil, various cured meats and cheeses, olives, and some of the best sundried tomatoes I’ve ever eaten. And wine of course. :)

Cateye18

1 review

Florence and wine tasting at a Tuscan Castle was very good as well. The Tuscan country and the wine tasting were highlights. In Florence (and anywhere in Italy I suppose), be careful of the illegal street vendors, they can be pushy and can get aggressive if you refuse to buy something. We were told that you can be fined 1000 euros for buying something from them. The city of Florence was lovely but it was very crowded. The shopping is great! Only thing that didn't impress us from Norwegian is that they try to sell you water bottles just before your shore excursion when they are very well aware that most shore excursion booked through Norwegian provide you with water bottles for free (at least both of ours did).

connellsville

Went to a winery outside of Lucca for a tour and tasting. Followed by a walking tour of Lucca on our own. Guide was fantastic.

Provider: Regent Seven Seas Cruises

strummer

Part of the Ships tour was to visit a vineyard and experience wine tasting and local meats and cheeses. We had expected a couple of sips of wine and a hard sell for wine but it was actually just under two hours of a sit down wine tasting where we tasted 8 different wines (and they were not stingy) and a olive oil and a balsamic vinegar. Yes there was the usual sales pitch but no hard sell and you never felt obliged to buy. Quite funny as they kept pouring my DS the same amount of wine where he did have a small taste of each luckily there was a spit bucket on the table that he could pour the rest into - if I'd also drunk his he would've had to carry me back to the bus!!

Provider: Princess Cruises

traveldestination

4 of us did Florence and Posa on your own and 2 of us did the Wine tour

squigglymip

1 review

Castle and wine tasting in Tuscany-one of the highlights of our trip! Amazing history at the castle and they let you tour the cellar as well as part of the castle.,Castello Trebbio.Best tour guide yet, the cousin of the owner was very funny! After you will have leather factory ploy to get you to buy stuff. Prices are same as my local mall.

hall4me

very good well worth it

Provider: Thomson Cruises

CommuterBob

1 review

The winery was a good time and they offered a basic lunch with plenty of wine. We even got to take the bottles on the bus with us for a fun busride back to the port. After getting back to the dock from the tour, we took the shuttle ($5 pp) back into Livorno, which is a nice, but small city and had a great market square. We even bought some more cheap wine to take back on the boat.

Provider: Carnival Cruise Lines

Rimavh

1 review

Montevarlo winery and lucca tour were nice. More time in Luccaand a time when the shops were open would have been nicer

Provider: Regent Seven Seas Cruises

foodiegirl50

1 review

Great day. Florence is so packed so glad to get out of the City to Luca and then Tuscany. Unforgettable meal and experience at Trattoria Omero. Then on to Tuscany to the San Michele vineyard. Great experience.

Provider: Independent Operator

TnTravel

Actually docked in Livorno. I had been to Florence and Pisa, and husband not interested, so opted for a delightful winery tour with a generous sampling of the wines and some food. Very leisurely and relaxing.

Provider: Celebrity Cruises

ELeb

1 review

Was good. Winery was quaint, best part was looking at the vineyard, and tasting the olive oil.

Helen Pask

1 review

tuscany wine tour really enjoyed the ride out to the vineyard, scenery was lovely. We were shown around the vineyard and where they made the wine. Then we were given a taster of the four wines produced there. Very nice and worth the trip.