Ketchikan Potlatch Park Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Ketchikan Shore Excursions > Potlatch Park

Experience a day in the life of a local Alaskan as you explore recreated Native Alaskan villages and watch Native carvers at work at Ketchikan’s Potlatch Park.

drref

1 review

great weather which is a rarity for the town, and had a wonderful time

cruz'n bug

Informative and fascinating.

goldiep

We did an independent tour of Saxman as well as a chartered fishing expedition. Celebrity sent us on excursion that began with Potlatch Park and ended with a fabulous crab feast that became an unexpected highlight for us.

Provider: Celebrity Cruises

Grammieof7

1 review

Not a whole lot there to see. Would not recommend this as an excursion.

Provider: Celebrity Cruises

CruiseGuy95

My wife and I enjoyed the totem poles but the kids seemed a little less taken by the experience and were eager to get back to the ship.

Provider: Disney Cruise Line

crazyforfun

recreated village,with clan house.

Provider: Independent Operator

samjam99

1 review

Boring. Not worth the time or money.

osuwarman

1 review

Totem poles and not much else. We met a man that makes totem poles and learned a little about how the early Alaskans lived. It was nice but not an experience to remember.

Provider: Disney Cruise Line

supergrandmother

1 review

The bus driver was very knowledgeable about Potlatch Park. I was very impressed since he said he had only lived there a few years. I especially enjoyed the tour of the Park with the authentic-looking totem poles and houses and the history told by the guide. The visit with the carver was very educational. The tour was greatly enhanced by the information given by the tour guide/bus driver. I am always interested in the culture of a region and I was not disappointed.

Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line

flexurmind

1 review

Learned a little about native life. This was an okay excursion

Provider: Princess Cruises