Ketchikan Misty Fjords Wilderness Cruise Excursion Reviews

Ketchikan Misty Fjords Wilderness Cruise cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Journey into the heart of Misty Fjords National Monument, a nearly 2.3 million-acre tract of wilderness east of Ketchikan, and experience the raw power of the great Alaskan north. Known as "The Yosemite of the North," the terrain in Misty Fjords has been sculpted over the millennia by creeping glaciers to create a drastic but beautiful landscape.
Member Image subtlefantasy
May 2016
Not well attended -which gave us lots of room to move around. The views were magnificent and the boat was comfortable.
Read subtlefantasy's full Crown Princess cruise review
Member Image gwwyjjliu
Aug 2015
Outstanding, with amazing views of Misty Fjords and up-close experiences with waterfalls and wildlife (if you're lucky). Boat is stable, comfortable, and fast. Inside seating is generous with big windows, ample bathrooms. Free coffee, tea, hot chocolate. Staff also serves up strudel and yummy chowder during the trip. Great narration throughout. Highly recommended.
Read gwwyjjliu's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image Exscribe
Aug 2015
Extremely well done with beautiful scenery
Read Exscribe's full Regatta cruise review
Provider: Oceania Cruises
Member Image sdfgsdfg
Aug 2015
Over priced. The scenery was nice, but the only wildlife we saw was a group of sea lions, and the boat did not get within a 1/2 mile of them. I do not recommend this trip.
Read sdfgsdfg's full Ruby Princess cruise review
Member Image Susan K
Jul 2015
long boat ride to the area. unfortunately it was raining the entire time. That did make for some great rushing waterfalls tho!
Read Susan K's full Seven Seas Navigator cruise review
Provider: Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Member Image beasley11
Jul 2015
Great excursion, a little long to get there but great scenery along the way. The Naturalist was good and the crew served coffee, hot chocolate and pastries along the way.
Read beasley11's full Celebrity Solstice cruise review
Member Image Rebel2386
Jul 2015
Really enjoyed the beauty and splendor of the Misty Fjords. Naturalist was excellent.
Read Rebel2386's full Golden Princess cruise review
Member Image Michael O
Jul 2015
Interesting but long duration.
Read Michael O's full Volendam cruise review
Member Image canela41
Jun 2015
They aware on time to pick us up next to the ship. Small group and out guide was very informative and out going. If you like lots of physical activity this is not the tour for you it's nice and pictures but not that demanding we still liked it.
Read canela41's full Celebrity Millennium cruise review
Provider: Wild wolf tours
Member Image ArizonaRose
Jun 2015
It was a great excursion. The scenery was beautiful, ship was comfortable and the crew was fantastic!
Read ArizonaRose's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Member Image andre4259
Jun 2015
Beautiful cruise with a great naturist on board. Seem a bit long to me.
Read andre4259's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Member Image stuklein27
May 2015
Saw two pods of orcas. Amazing views of the fjords. Crew were very nice and gave interesting talks. I would highly recommend this excursion.
Read stuklein27's full Westerdam cruise review
Member Image gloje
May 2015
What an excellent excursion. This boat had passengers from all the ships in port on the 19th. We started out in fog that lifted into glorious sunshine as we neared Misty Fjords. Spectacular scenery and a great excursion. I would book this one again in a heartbeat!
Read gloje's full Ruby Princess cruise review
Member Image knittinggirl
May 2015
Misty Fjords Wilderness Explorer - Cruise of Misty Fjords National Park. This excursion was the best of the Celebrity sponsored excursions! We got plenty of snacks! In fact, we had more to eat than some excursions we’ve been on that were supposed to serve us lunch! Lots of beautiful scenery, and the guides were so enthusiastic! Needed to bring my longer camera lens. Some selling of souvenirs but not high pressure.
Read knittinggirl's full Celebrity Infinity cruise review
Member Image osuffan
Jul 2014

As this was our first port we were excited. However my wife due to rough seas had gotten sick and had to back out of the Mist Fjords excursion. Cha-ching$$$. I canceled my fishing trip to stay with her. My mom went on the excursion. She said it was just okay. No wildlife was seen. When my wife felt better we went walking around town. Not a real big town. See my comments about the prices on souvenirs. We had lunch at Burger Queen. A local joint that I would highly recommend.

Read osuffan's full Crown Princess cruise review
Member Image guyinjax
Not Rated
Jun 2014

Great excursion. Weather was fantastic which really helped. Would highly recommend this tour.

Read guyinjax's full Coral Princess cruise review
Member Image dataminn
Aug 2013

Long, long uninteresting boat ride to a brief look at the fjord. Skip this tour! Walk the historic district of Ketchikan for free or see the totem museum instead.

Read dataminn's full Zaandam cruise review
Member Image HappyTravelFan
Aug 2013

The tour itself is okay, with interesting narration and unexpected, delicious free food and coffee/hot chocolate. However, it is expensive and not close to being as spectacular as the Tracy Arm Fjord, which we saw from the Solstice the next day.

Read HappyTravelFan's full Celebrity Solstice cruise review
Member Image Alaska_addict
Aug 2013

Another great Allen marine trip, saw 3 whales and 5/6 bald eagles one came over the boat low with a fresh caught salmon.
Scenery is stunning.

Read Alaska_addict's full Zuiderdam cruise review
Member Image TravelerRobMD
Aug 2013

It's maybe a 4.5 - loved it, view is great, naturalist provides good information, and the boat is very comfortable. By this point in the trip, I think maybe I was a little numb to all the beauty. Still enjoyed it, but very little wildlife.

Read TravelerRobMD's full Sapphire Princess cruise review
Member Image bandrich
Aug 2013

Absolutely beautiful area. Friendly, experienced crew that made the trip fun and educational. I was upstairs taking in the view and so many pictures that my ears began to hurt from the cold. Guess that is a sign of someone not accustom to the cold. The ride can be a little bumpy, damp and cloudy, but that is part of being in Alaska. My only wish would be some more individual space, as being smaller made it difficult for me to get the pictures I wanted when others stood in front of me or walked over me.

Read bandrich's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Member Image BerkCruiser
Jul 2013

Cruised on a comfortable well-equipped jet boat, with knowledgeable narrator and other helpful crew. The scenery was not as impressive as Tracy Arm Fjord a few days earlier, and it's a long ride (1.5 hours each way) to get to Misty Fjords. Snacks were provided and lots of information on the culture and geology of the area.

Read BerkCruiser's full Regatta cruise review
Provider: Oceania Cruises
Member Image hyker1
Jul 2013

Travel to/from this excursion is just really long... 60 miles to get to the Fjords. We enjoyed seeing the wildlife once we got there, but the boat ride was way too long. We only got to view the actual fjords for about 25 minutes!I just hate it when people on the shore-excursion boats try and sell you stuff!

Read hyker1's full Celebrity Millennium cruise review
Member Image reader8855
Not Rated
Jun 2013

We took a float plane trip with Carlin Air over the Misty Fjords area. Pilot Jeff was informative and friendly and I got to ride in the co-pilot's seat and that was incredible. We saw lots of beatiful waterfalls, thick forests and rugged mountains.

Read reader8855's full Coral Princess cruise review
Provider: Carlin Air
Member Image jimagray@flash.net
Jun 2013

Awesome scenery & a great pilot.
Booked on the dock & a lot cheaper than the ship.

Read jimagray@flash.net's full Golden Princess cruise review