Costa Maya Standup Paddleboard Excursion Reviews

Costa Maya Standup Paddleboard cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Find your inner strength as you glide along Costa Maya's coral reef and scenic coastlines standing upright on a paddleboard.
Member Image cruisergalnguy
Jan 2017
Booked with Norwegian - have to say that Julie and Curt who ran "Under toe" paddleboard were a terrific couple. Gave great instructions, but it was not for me - I did not end up paddleboarding, but my husband did. Highly recommend it, if you want to give it a try. Loved the beach and loved that a snack and two drinks came with the excursion booking!
Read cruisergalnguy's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image yogadr
Dec 2016
We rode tandem bikes to a cenote, and then we went to a beach where we had Mexican food (guac, tortillas, fajitas), chilled on hammocks, and swam in the ocean. Stand up paddle boards were available, as were rafts.
Read yogadr's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image Nicole010
Oct 2016
There were a variety of water sports we could all choose to do, this was an option almost enjoyed by everyone on the excursion, impressively done with only 4 paddle boards.
Read Nicole010's full Carnival Sensation cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image 19pamela68
Feb 2015

The was my first time doing the stand up paddleboard. It was easier then it looks. I really enjoyed it. The location could have been better since there were other activities going on while I was learning to do this. But I would recommend this.

Read 19pamela68's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Provider: Undertoe
Member Image fbusch
Not Rated
Dec 2014

Carolyn from Undertoe Stand Up Paddleboarding made our Christmas Day. Mahahual is just a quick taxi ride from the port. this place is VERY SAFE - if you read otherwise don't believe it. The guy who owns the port doesn't want you to venture out of his shops. Undertoe operates out of the YaYa Beach Club - rents a space. My 3 adult sons and husband had a lesson and wonderful experience. Book and pay in advance online. We had such fun with Carolyn - especially my sons. Carolyn is caring, kind, just a wonderful person and business owner. We all felt an instant connection with her. It was a fairly busy day and she had some helpers who were outstanding as well. Do not miss this experience. Best day of our trip!

Read fbusch's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Provider: Undertoe SUP
Member Image redxpanda
Jun 2013

I did some research before we left and got in contact with Undertoe Mexico and arranged to meet them in the morning and rent 2 Stand Up Paddle boards. We took a taxi to the beach for $2 each. We had never done this before so we opted to get a quick lesson. It was a lot easier than I thought, to get started. Helps that the water is incredibly calm at the shores of Mahahual. We had a lot of fun and after an hour we were ready to turn the boards in and go eat!

We walked down the beach and found the place with the best prices of good beer and ordered some guacamole to go with it. Delicious! A fantastic day for 2 in paradise for $100.

Read redxpanda's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Provider: Undertoe Mexico
Member Image Houndduet
Mar 2012
We went to Nohoch Kay, just ten minutes from the ship, and arranged in advance for the rental of stand up paddleboards from Carolyn, proprietor of Undertoe Mexico. We had a great time and all six of us got up on the boards in relatively short order, after brief instruction from Carolyn. It was lots of fun. We had lunch at Nohoch Kay, and rented snorkels there too, for a most enjoyable afternoon.
Read Houndduet's full Norwegian Spirit cruise review