Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Costa Maya Standup Paddleboard Excursion Reviews

Costa Maya Standup Paddleboard cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Find your inner strength as you glide along Costa Maya's coral reef and scenic coastlines standing upright on a paddleboard.
Member Image 19pamela68
Feb 2015

The was my first time doing the stand up paddleboard. It was easier then it looks. I really enjoyed it. The location could have been better since there were other activities going on while I was learning to do this. But I would recommend this.

Read 19pamela68's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Provider: Undertoe
Member Image fbusch
Not Rated
Dec 2014

Carolyn from Undertoe Stand Up Paddleboarding made our Christmas Day. Mahahual is just a quick taxi ride from the port. this place is VERY SAFE - if you read otherwise don't believe it. The guy who owns the port doesn't want you to venture out of his shops. Undertoe operates out of the YaYa Beach Club - rents a space. My 3 adult sons and husband had a lesson and wonderful experience. Book and pay in advance online. We had such fun with Carolyn - especially my sons. Carolyn is caring, kind, just a wonderful person and business owner. We all felt an instant connection with her. It was a fairly busy day and she had some helpers who were outstanding as well. Do not miss this experience. Best day of our trip!

Read fbusch's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Provider: Undertoe SUP
Member Image redxpanda
Jun 2013

I did some research before we left and got in contact with Undertoe Mexico and arranged to meet them in the morning and rent 2 Stand Up Paddle boards. We took a taxi to the beach for $2 each. We had never done this before so we opted to get a quick lesson. It was a lot easier than I thought, to get started. Helps that the water is incredibly calm at the shores of Mahahual. We had a lot of fun and after an hour we were ready to turn the boards in and go eat!

We walked down the beach and found the place with the best prices of good beer and ordered some guacamole to go with it. Delicious! A fantastic day for 2 in paradise for $100.

Read redxpanda's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Provider: Undertoe Mexico
Member Image Houndduet
Mar 2012
We went to Nohoch Kay, just ten minutes from the ship, and arranged in advance for the rental of stand up paddleboards from Carolyn, proprietor of Undertoe Mexico. We had a great time and all six of us got up on the boards in relatively short order, after brief instruction from Carolyn. It was lots of fun. We had lunch at Nohoch Kay, and rented snorkels there too, for a most enjoyable afternoon.
Read Houndduet's full Norwegian Spirit cruise review