Ketchikan Fishing Excursion Reviews

Ketchikan Fishing cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Opt for a salmon fishing adventure or go bottom fishing for rockfish and halibut -- two popular fishing excursions enjoyed by locals and visitors alike.
Member Image 6thking@gmail.com
Jul 2016
The cruise said their salmon fishing excursion was booked, so I hit the pier on my own to find a fishing charter. Fortunately there were other people doing the same thing. There's a "Fishing Charter" office right off the Cruise Ship pier that set 4 of us up with a local boat and captain. Between the 4 of us we caught 9 salmon over 5 enjoyable hours. The cost was $213 per person for the charter.
Read 6thking@gmail.com's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Provider: The Domo
Member Image ElKabong
Jun 2016
Would have been a five if I caught one but three buddies did. Captain Matt was a great guide.
Read ElKabong's full Coral Princess cruise review
Member Image dixielou222
Jun 2016
Had some Kings on but no keepers.
Read dixielou222's full Celebrity Solstice cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image debndar
Jun 2016
There were 5 of us on the boat, another couple and their daughter from our cruise ship. It was fun. The captain (Kevin) could have been a little more friendlier. The weather was cool but sunny and the seas were rough in a spot, but he moved to calmer seas when someone got sick. We caught fish, but not too many. Although that's why it's called fishing not catching. There were two other boats from our cruise. Neither of them caught anything. We did see a lot of bald eagles though.
Read debndar's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Member Image Kramer1953
Jun 2016
Great time with Jerry. Better time to fish is late June and on, although we caught some and feed some to the eagles.
Read Kramer1953's full Zaandam cruise review
Provider: AAA Sport Fishing Charters.
Member Image vlhcruise
Jun 2016
No fish caught or one single bite on the line for ever person on our boat.
Read vlhcruise's full Coral Princess cruise review
Member Image nittany04
May 2016
The boat captain should be given an A+ for effort. He tried his best the salmon in the bay were few and far between. We were too late for the May Salmon run and too early for the mid-June run.
Read nittany04's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Member Image VTSteerage
May 2016
Captain worked hard to find fish that were not yet running.
Read VTSteerage's full Noordam cruise review
Provider: Ketchican Charter Boats
Member Image stevans106
May 2016
My husband did this. Very pricey but worth it!
Read stevans106's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image My32Shamrocks
Incredible experience!
Read My32Shamrocks's full Celebrity Millennium cruise review
Provider: Baranof Fishing
Member Image Bourbon Believer
Sep 2015
Salmon caught by Son-in-law was taken to the ship and prepared by the ships chef for our lunch the next day. The maître d' did an excellent job serving the whole fish with roasted root vegetables. The rest of the diners were coming over just to watch.
Read Bourbon Believer's full Star Princess cruise review
Member Image TravelingSalesman
Sep 2015
RATING for the Fishing was POOR. NOT just because I didn't catch fish, (It's called fishing not catching) but because our captain was such a schlub. He managed to avoid catching fish while telling everyone on the boat how great a fishing guide he is, how great a boat mechanic he is, how great a hunter he is, and more. I could just cry when he started a new story.
Read TravelingSalesman's full Amsterdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image Debrajump
Aug 2015
The Salmon fishing trip was awesome. My husband caught 2 pink Salmon and I caught 1 Silver Salmon. The fish was picked up by a processor and delivered to our house once we got home.
Read Debrajump's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image Mucellin
Aug 2015
My husband went salmon fishing and caught 6 fish!!! He was thrilled!
Read Mucellin's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image Christina4816
Jul 2015
My husband did this, he caught three salmon. Was a little disappointed at the amount of boats out there, little over saturated, but still had the "experience". For $100, we shipped 5 fish home (NIce filets, package individually) - a couple people didn't want the fish they caught. Ended up with 23 filets!
Read Christina4816's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image lizwoods
Jul 2015
Husband went Salmon fishing. Caught one and it was delivered to the ship where the chef cooked it for dinner and it was served on a silver platter with veggies. Delicious!
Read lizwoods's full Coral Princess cruise review
Member Image SusanVM
Jul 2015
We had three of our families on two different fishing charters. One was the Alaska Catch and the other was Action Charters. Both were great.....one group had to take a taxi to the dock for Action Charters but it all worked out great. Both groups caught lots of salmon and sent home 35 pounds....a thrill.
Read SusanVM's full Golden Princess cruise review
Provider: The Alaskan Catch and Action Charters
Member Image quercus alba
Jul 2015
Wife and son went on a salmon fishing charter and had a great catch. Expensive, though, and more sticker shock when we saw what the processing and shipping costs were!
Read quercus alba's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Provider: Shore Excursions Group
Member Image wbarkwill
Great, caught a 10 -12 pound Silver Salmon
Read wbarkwill's full Grand Princess cruise review
Member Image chernobylorbust
Jul 2015
Fishing was great and it was amazing scenery. We had a wonderful time and caught 2 salmon and 6 sharks. We foolishly trusted Cedar's lodge to process our salmon. I gave them 14 lbs to process (1 fish) and had 6 lbs sent back to me. None of it was packed with any coolant and my card was charged $100. It was on a fedex truck for over 24 hours, and it's over 80 degrees here. So I'm not eating the fish, but what's worse than the wasted money is my wasted memory. The best part of my trip is now ruined since I planned on enjoying this fish with my family over dinner. If you check out trip advisor other people reviewed that they got shorted on fish as well.
Read chernobylorbust's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image crabshel
Jul 2015
We enjoyed salmon fishing!
Read crabshel's full Star Princess cruise review
Member Image ALP ALASKA
Jun 2015
We did the Salmon fishing. We had a great time and caught 5 salmon. It was delicious to eat when we got back home. Critics say you only partially fish and that is true but it was still fun. You real in the fish but the captain sets the line.
Read ALP ALASKA's full Oosterdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image catstormy
Jun 2015
Ketchikan was my favorite stop on the cruise, but that might have been because we went fishing and omg! did we catch salmon. I only wish we had more time. I am planning on going back to the quite village.
Read catstormy's full Crown Princess cruise review
Member Image lespres
Jun 2015
The weather that day was miserable. Clayton did his best to find us fish despite the rough seas. We caught our limit of three rockfish and then called it a day. I do recommended him for his excellent customer service.
Read lespres's full Celebrity Solstice cruise review
Provider: Bella Misty
Member Image COMST
May 2015
The sun was shining and the fish were not biting! The tour guide did his best. Gave us a wonderful history of the area and some snacks and pop. Enjoyed the adventure
Read COMST's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review