Nassau Atlantis Aquarium Excursion Reviews

Nassau Atlantis Aquarium cruise excursion
Overall Rating
The Atlantis Aquarium in Nassau offers a large collection of marine habitats including sharks, stingrays and an abundant amount of tropical fish species.
Member Image jodi1823
Aug 2014

From what we saw it was nice, but not very clear on the map or where our pass was accepted...we probably missed 1/2 the aquarium, due to poor explanation from the Atlantis tour guide...

Read jodi1823's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image mrcajunjoker
Jul 2014

First, we were instructed of a heightened state of awareness for tourists. That being said, I carried a knife under 4". We were instructed to leave the locals alone, meaning not to book any type of excursion on your own. Therefore we booked through the ship; but hey, it is what it is... The aquarium tour is alright I suppose. They bus you there, make you stand in groups in the sun and heat, wire you up with a headset so you can hear the tour guide, and start walking. Never once did I see a place to get water, something to drink, or a bathroom break; not until the tour was over. We just hopped in the bar for a beer and appetizer. The place is really pretty, and they charge accordingly.

Read mrcajunjoker's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image Ava04
May 2014

Wonderful & Very Impressed With The Layout Of Aquariums & The Reconstructions Of The Ancient People Of Atlantis.

Read Ava04's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image rsato
Mar 2014

I was on the NCL Breakaway which docked in Nassau on April 3 and decided to take ship organized excursion to the Atlantis Resort Waterpark. In port were two other vessels – one from Carnival and one from MSC. NCL staggers the Atlantis departure time a bit and I was in the second (departing 9:20 AM) group going to Atlantis. Resort goers assembled next to the ship, received their Atlantis admission wristbands and then were led to the street where many small shuttle buses transported the group to Paradise Island, the home of Atlantis. The bus ride took 15 minutes and the driver gave a nice introduction to the Bahamas.

At Atlantis, an escort led the assembled group from several buses thru the casino to the water park with stops along the way. Some were upset at the slow pace of the escort and went ahead – if you are anxious at maximizing slide time, it probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to jump ahead. After reaching the pool area, towels were handed out and locker rental was available for $9-$14. Early in the morning hundreds chairs were empty, and even late in the day chairs were easily found. The first week of April seemed to have few school age children on Spring Break this year – Disney crowd calendars showed mild crowds, NCL cruise rates were much lower than later in the month, and in general the NCL Breakaway did not appear to be full of families.

After picking a chair near the rental cabanas, I went into the “lazy river” and boarded one of the large Atlantis tubes for a ride. Tubes are plentiful and free in a single and double rider configuration. The lazy river can be boarded at several locations and the ride around takes about 25 minutes (assuming you don’t go on any of the Tower of Power tube slides). The ride was slow at first, but then I reached the wave generator which made the river more interesting. Other interesting features of the “lazy river” included a rapids area which simulated some “white water rapids” and a conveyor belt which elevated your tube (with you in it) to the high point of the river.

With the completion of a lap around the complex, I went to the Tower of Power and slid down the Abyss slide – the slide features a thrilling drop at the start made more exciting by being in the dark. After the Abyss, I brought a tube up the tower to enjoy the Surge ride. From the Tower of Power, I made my way to the Mayan Temple to enjoy the relatively tame Jungle Slide followed by the more thrilling Challenger Slides. Atlantis’ marquee Leap of Faith was a bit of a disappointment – the vertical drop is quite unsettling to watch but once you get passed the terror of waiting at the top, the extremely short ride makes you question the value of the 15 minutes (if you are lucky) you waited for the ride. You are moving so fast thru the shark tank, that it is hard to see anything. On the other hand, the tube ride on the Mayan Temple, the Serpent Slide was certainly less thrilling but you sort of stop in a passage at the bottom of the tank allowing close up viewing of the sharks.

After enjoying all of the water slides, I got back on a tube in the river and floated into the path that enter the Tower of Power – a conveyor belt takes you (while seated on your tube) up the tower where you have a choice of two different tube rides – The Drop and The Falls. Both are fun rides made better by the fact that you don’t have to get out of your tube. With the moderate crowd at Atlantis that day, it took about 3 hours to completely sample the water park attractions. In addition to the slides and tube rides, large pools for swimming abound as well as a nice beach.

Atlantis’ biggest drawback is the price. NCL charged $159 including transportation for the Atlantis experience. I expected for that price, an experience comparable to Disney’s Blizzard Beach and in my opinion, falls short. The lazy river ride with conveyors taking to you up to the tube slides is really great, but a typical $130 water park admission ticket seems quite high. The other concern I would have is going to Atlantis on a more crowded day – I can’t imagine being happy waiting in long lines for the relatively few marquee attractions. Atlantis is a fun place to visit, but everyone would need to make a value decision for themselves.

Read rsato's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image SJDymond
Feb 2014

We decided to purchase tickets to Atlantis Beaches and Aquariums. The Aquarium was pretty cool, a lot of different marine life to see. Nothing spectacular.

Read SJDymond's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Member Image IDoSpas
Feb 2014

This was my second time on this excursion. I love Atlantic. The first time was with my husband we we felt guilty not bringing the kids so we made sure to go back with them. Ages 15 & 20. We did the rapping river ( a must) it takes about 20-25 minutes to go around the hole thing. We also included the Snorkel the Ruins of Atlantis (very expensive almost $500 for 4 people) about 40 minutes in the tank. If you have the time and money I would do it, but we where only there from 12:30-5:00 and lockers closed at 4:00 or you get a $50 fine for late pick up. so it eat up a lot of our time so we did not see much of the park and the kids only got to go on one slid. This excursion needs to be longer for the amount of money you spend there. For the four of us to do both the park and snorkeling it was almost $1000.00 for 5 hours. I would not recommend doing it unless you have at least 7 hours. 9 pools and 9 rides needs more time to enjoy them all.

Read IDoSpas's full Carnival Splendor cruise review
Provider: Atlantis.com
Member Image virgintraveller
Feb 2014

A lot of great aquatic exhibits, a long tour 3+ hours & a long way for those with mobility issues or use walkers/ wheelchairs. Many of the paths had steep slopes, both up & down. I believe the guide did try his best, but with an amplifier/microphone system that made him sound like he was in a 45 gallon drum, one had to be in his hip pocket to understand & hear clearly, what he was saying. Having to ask for washroom breaks was inexcusable. Not being offered any of the food, even on a sample basis, & the hurried attitude that was projected, made one feel you were part of a “Time –Share” Sale pitch, not a pre paid tour. The end of this tour had to be the pay off. Our guide held a door open for us to pass through & on the other side we were on our own. No directions from him. Not back at the place where our transportation was left. This tour definitely needs upgrading. By the way on our way out is where we found the washrooms.

Read virgintraveller's full Ruby Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image Nursetammy
Jan 2014

The aquarium was very impressive and we loved looking at it until we found out our snorkel adventure was in the fish tank

Read Nursetammy's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image 4 sisters cruising
Aug 2013

Worth the trip. You walk through the aquarium. It is like you are walking through a cave. Beautiful species. I understand that after 500 pm it is free. Check it out.

Read 4 sisters cruising's full Carnival Imagination cruise review
Member Image Deezel31
Jun 2013

Beautiful Aquarium! Took plenty of pictures of Ocean Life! I love the hands on exhibit! It was the first time I had picked up a Starfish!

Read Deezel31's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review
Member Image ~sail~away~
May 2013

Nassau is great! I would recommend at least visiting Atlantis as it is a marvelous resort with a lot of things you can see by just walking through for free. There is also some good shopping if that is your thing.

Read ~sail~away~'s full Majesty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image lindakay13
Apr 2013
Nice tour. Beautiful aquarium. Wish we could have seed the slides but you have to buy a ticket
Read lindakay13's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Maryeveryday
Apr 2013
Bussed to Paradise Island to the Atlantis resort. A quick short ride.
Read Maryeveryday's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Member Image CORealtor
Mar 2013
We went to Atlantis to do the Atlantis Aquarium. It was very nice and worth the $40 each.
Read CORealtor's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Provider: Atlantis
Member Image josiemartinez
Mar 2013
Fantastic tour guide. The young lady was very informational and professional. Atlantis is a beautiful resort that I would like to stay on in the future. The straw market has really expanded and offers more selections of island goods (hopefully not made in China).
Read josiemartinez's full Ruby Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image DSJ6377
Mar 2013
The Atlantis was nice but the van/bus to get there was quite sketchy
Read DSJ6377's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image Scott1969
Feb 2013
It was ok. I figured we could walk quicker to Atlantis than the time it took the bus to get there through traffic.
Read Scott1969's full Disney Dream cruise review
Provider: Disney Cruise Line
Member Image K&JWood
Jan 2013
Beautiful, but a little pricey. Even taking your time, you can get thru it in 2 hours or less.
Read K&JWood's full Carnival Ecstasy cruise review
Provider: SElf
Member Image phantompiper
Jan 2013
Tour of the aquariums and The Dig was fantastic - what an incredible facility. Not sure if we would stay there, but it was well worth the visit. Lots of dirty seagulls - they need a hungry eagle or something.
Read phantompiper's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image MamaParrotHead
Nov 2012
This would be my husband's and my second time in Nassau. Inspite of the fact we weren't OVERLY impressed the first time, I was confident we could find SOMETHING to do that was fun. We had originally booked a catamaran snorkel trip, but the weather wasn't looking great (and my husband had injured his ankle) so we cancelled that. Then we were going to take the ship excursion to Atlantis, but they only had 4 spots (and there were 8 of us). So I figured we could do better than that, pricewise, just cabbing it over to Paradise Island and purchasing the Dig Tour on our own. Weird port times today (1:00-7:00 p.m.) so we had more time to show off our prowess in another trivia battle. The boys volunteered to be Jedi's in the atrium during the Star Wars theme portion of the "Movie Soundtrack Trivia" and earned themselves each a Carnival medal. ? Arrived in Nassau on time, even a bit early. Grabbed a cab for $6 per person cab ride over to Atlantis from the ship (be prepared, they literally pack 18 people in a 12 passenger van, LOL...it's like being in a clown car). Asked directions to the appropriate desk, paid for our Dig tour, got our bracelets and off we went. VERY impressive resort and the Dig worth the money we paid. I was kind of shocked at the almost trashy clientele they had at the resort though...weird. Do yourself a favor; eat before you get off the ship though, because the resort cafes were charging literally $20 for a sandwich over there. We spent maybe 2 ½ hours there and then cabbed it back to the port area. Found the new straw market (WAY better than the older one that burned down shortly after we were there in 2005), had a man paint a small canvas picture for me, watched the losers pile off the Booze Cruise excursion and stumble down the street (one of whom face-planted right in front of us, as her husband, wearing his balloon hat and toting his melted yard of margarita from Senor Frog's, just watched. Also witnessed a man on a motorcycle snag not one, but TWO, purses right off women's arms on the street. Lesson to be learned- have your male companions wear a backpack. Also paid $20 for 5 sodas and 4 candy bars. ANNOYING.
Read MamaParrotHead's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image angie21179
Nov 2012
Atlantis was very nice. Worth seeing once. But this port of call is dirty and dangerous and I will chose to not return.
Read angie21179's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image DeepBlueSeeeeee
Nov 2012
This was a wonderful tour of all of the aquariums at Atlantis. The buses leave Atlantis every 30 minutes, so, once the tour is over, one can stay to explore the shops and casino, if desired. Great tour, but lots of stairs to climb.
Read DeepBlueSeeeeee's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image FrankZ2010
Nov 2012
Really interesting. Also, the cost was $56 which includes round trip shuttle to Ship. The day pass at Atlantis is $40 and $10 round trip fro taxi, so well worth the cost. Tour Guide was OK, hard to understand at times. BUT - I would recommend this tour.
Read FrankZ2010's full Carnival Fantasy cruise review
Member Image spideyswims
Nov 2012
Very impressive aquarium, do not miss it, take your time.
Read spideyswims's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image molliebear
Sep 2012
Would love to spend more days at Atlantis. Beautiful aquarium!
Read molliebear's full Carnival Fascination cruise review
Member Image meccanaje
Aug 2012
The workers killed this experience for me. Just being truthful!!
Read meccanaje's full Disney Dream cruise review
Provider: Disney Cruise Line
Member Image Angles kisses
Jun 2012
Great, watched staff feeding fish Awesome !
Read Angles kisses's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image Sugarlovestotravel
Jun 2012
The Aquarium was amazing. I never seen anything like it before. So many sea creatures I didn't know we had. While visiting the aquarium I got a chance to go thru the Casino. It had beautiful Sculptures throughout the building that I enjoyed I couldn't stop taking pictures in front of them. My favorite was the Kings chair I believe. It was huge so when u took a picture of yourself it seemed like you're a dwarf sitting in it. I loved the whole experience in Nassau the whole Island was gorgeous and the people very polite. I would do it again. Don't forget to try the local beer it was awesome.
Read Sugarlovestotravel's full Carnival Ecstasy cruise review
Member Image digger1200
Apr 2012
The aquariums are very large and our tour guide was very knowledgable in them. Everything is expensive there.
Read digger1200's full Norwegian Sky cruise review
Member Image sam280
Dec 2011

Had the self guided tour as part of the Dolphin Swim. It's an OK aquarium, about the same as Mandalay Bay.

Read sam280's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review