Nassau Atlantis Aquarium Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Nassau Shore Excursions > Atlantis Aquarium

The Atlantis Aquarium in Nassau offers a large collection of marine habitats including sharks, stingrays and an abundant amount of tropical fish species.

SJDymond

1 review

We decided to purchase tickets to Atlantis Beaches and Aquariums. The Aquarium was pretty cool, a lot of different marine life to see. Nothing spectacular.

IDoSpas

This was my second time on this excursion. I love Atlantic. The first time was with my husband we we felt guilty not bringing the kids so we made sure to go back with them. Ages 15 & 20. We did the rapping river ( a must) it takes about 20-25 minutes to go around the hole thing. We also included the Snorkel the Ruins of Atlantis (very expensive almost $500 for 4 people) about 40 minutes in the tank. If you have the time and money I would do it, but we where only there from 12:30-5:00 and lockers closed at 4:00 or you get a $50 fine for late pick up. so it eat up a lot of our time so we did not see much of the park and the kids only got to go on one slid. This excursion needs to be longer for the amount of money you spend there. For the four of us to do both the park and snorkeling it was almost $1000.00 for 5 hours. I would not recommend doing it unless you have at least 7 hours. 9 pools and 9 rides needs more time to enjoy them all.

virgintraveller

1 review

A lot of great aquatic exhibits, a long tour 3+ hours & a long way for those with mobility issues or use walkers/ wheelchairs. Many of the paths had steep slopes, both up & down. I believe the guide did try his best, but with an amplifier/microphone system that made him sound like he was in a 45 gallon drum, one had to be in his hip pocket to understand & hear clearly, what he was saying. Having to ask for washroom breaks was inexcusable. Not being offered any of the food, even on a sample basis, & the hurried attitude that was projected, made one feel you were part of a “Time –Share” Sale pitch, not a pre paid tour. The end of this tour had to be the pay off. Our guide held a door open for us to pass through & on the other side we were on our own. No directions from him. Not back at the place where our transportation was left. This tour definitely needs upgrading. By the way on our way out is where we found the washrooms.

Provider: Princess Cruises

Nursetammy

1 review

The aquarium was very impressive and we loved looking at it until we found out our snorkel adventure was in the fish tank

4 sisters cruising

1 review

Worth the trip. You walk through the aquarium. It is like you are walking through a cave. Beautiful species. I understand that after 500 pm it is free. Check it out.

Deezel31

1 review

Beautiful Aquarium! Took plenty of pictures of Ocean Life! I love the hands on exhibit! It was the first time I had picked up a Starfish!

lindakay13

1 review

Nice tour. Beautiful aquarium. Wish we could have seed the slides but you have to buy a ticket

Maryeveryday

1 review

Bussed to Paradise Island to the Atlantis resort. A quick short ride.

CORealtor

We went to Atlantis to do the Atlantis Aquarium. It was very nice and worth the $40 each.

josiemartinez

Fantastic tour guide. The young lady was very informational and professional. Atlantis is a beautiful resort that I would like to stay on in the future. The straw market has really expanded and offers more selections of island goods (hopefully not made in China).

Provider: Princess Cruises

DSJ6377

The Atlantis was nice but the van/bus to get there was quite sketchy

Scott1969

1 review

It was ok. I figured we could walk quicker to Atlantis than the time it took the bus to get there through traffic.

Provider: Disney Cruise Line

K&JWood

1 review

Beautiful, but a little pricey. Even taking your time, you can get thru it in 2 hours or less.

phantompiper

1 review

Tour of the aquariums and The Dig was fantastic - what an incredible facility. Not sure if we would stay there, but it was well worth the visit. Lots of dirty seagulls - they need a hungry eagle or something.

MamaParrotHead

This would be my husband's and my second time in Nassau. Inspite of the fact we weren't OVERLY impressed the first time, I was confident we could find SOMETHING to do that was fun. We had originally booked a catamaran snorkel trip, but the weather wasn't looking great (and my husband had injured his ankle) so we cancelled that. Then we were going to take the ship excursion to Atlantis, but they only had 4 spots (and there were 8 of us). So I figured we could do better than that, pricewise, just cabbing it over to Paradise Island and purchasing the Dig Tour on our own. Weird port times today (1:00-7:00 p.m.) so we had more time to show off our prowess in another trivia battle. The boys volunteered to be Jedi's in the atrium during the Star Wars theme portion of the "Movie Soundtrack Trivia" and earned themselves each a Carnival medal. ? Arrived in Nassau on time, even a bit early. Grabbed a cab for $6 per person cab ride over to Atlantis from the ship (be prepared, they literally pack 18 people in a 12 passenger van, LOL...it's like being in a clown car). Asked directions to the appropriate desk, paid for our Dig tour, got our bracelets and off we went. VERY impressive resort and the Dig worth the money we paid. I was kind of shocked at the almost trashy clientele they had at the resort though...weird. Do yourself a favor; eat before you get off the ship though, because the resort cafes were charging literally $20 for a sandwich over there. We spent maybe 2 ½ hours there and then cabbed it back to the port area. Found the new straw market (WAY better than the older one that burned down shortly after we were there in 2005), had a man paint a small canvas picture for me, watched the losers pile off the Booze Cruise excursion and stumble down the street (one of whom face-planted right in front of us, as her husband, wearing his balloon hat and toting his melted yard of margarita from Senor Frog's, just watched. Also witnessed a man on a motorcycle snag not one, but TWO, purses right off women's arms on the street. Lesson to be learned- have your male companions wear a backpack. Also paid $20 for 5 sodas and 4 candy bars. ANNOYING.

angie21179

1 review

Atlantis was very nice. Worth seeing once. But this port of call is dirty and dangerous and I will chose to not return.

DeepBlueSeeeeee

This was a wonderful tour of all of the aquariums at Atlantis. The buses leave Atlantis every 30 minutes, so, once the tour is over, one can stay to explore the shops and casino, if desired. Great tour, but lots of stairs to climb.

FrankZ2010

1 review

Really interesting. Also, the cost was $56 which includes round trip shuttle to Ship. The day pass at Atlantis is $40 and $10 round trip fro taxi, so well worth the cost. Tour Guide was OK, hard to understand at times. BUT - I would recommend this tour.

spideyswims

1 review

Very impressive aquarium, do not miss it, take your time.

molliebear

1 review

Would love to spend more days at Atlantis. Beautiful aquarium!

meccanaje

1 review

The workers killed this experience for me. Just being truthful!!

Provider: Disney Cruise Line

Angles kisses

1 review

Great, watched staff feeding fish Awesome !

Sugarlovestotravel

1 review

The Aquarium was amazing. I never seen anything like it before. So many sea creatures I didn't know we had. While visiting the aquarium I got a chance to go thru the Casino. It had beautiful Sculptures throughout the building that I enjoyed I couldn't stop taking pictures in front of them. My favorite was the Kings chair I believe. It was huge so when u took a picture of yourself it seemed like you're a dwarf sitting in it. I loved the whole experience in Nassau the whole Island was gorgeous and the people very polite. I would do it again. Don't forget to try the local beer it was awesome.

digger1200

1 review

The aquariums are very large and our tour guide was very knowledgable in them. Everything is expensive there.

sam280

Had the self guided tour as part of the Dolphin Swim. It's an OK aquarium, about the same as Mandalay Bay.