Nassau Resort Day Pass Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Nassau Shore Excursions > Resort Day Pass

An RIU palace resort day pass is ideal for cruise passengers to kick back and relax at a Nassau beach resort. The RIU pass includes an open bar and offers access to buffets and resort facilities.

TeamAnnapolis

1 review

We aren't shoppers and weren't impressed with Nassau. Maybe we saw the wrong parts. What we did do and I would recommend is buying a day pass at the British Colonial Hilton. $200 for the 4 of us, but it came with $160 food/drink credit. Easy 4-5 block walk from the ship and was delightful. Nice outside bar, lovely pool, private beach. Google it. It was good even in the rain and the bartender Phillip was excellent. My rating is an average of 2 Stars for Nassau and 4 stars for the British Colonial Hilton.

Bgentles

1 review

We walked over to the British Colonial Hilton to spend the day at the beach and the pool. It was nice, and. included in the reasonable price, was a nice credit to be used at the onsite restaurant/bar. We enjoyed a nice lunch by the pool, a couple of soda's and bahama mama's for me. The credit more than covered our bill. Nassau is another place we have been numerous times and have already done all of the usual tourist excursions on previous cruises. This resort day pass was a real treat for us for the day.

g00412

1 review

I had been to Nassau once before on a Carnival cruise, but that was about 6 years ago, and all I remembered was that it rained while we were there. I did a lot of research on excursions not through Carnival because I think they're far too overpriced. We decided on the Hilton Day Pass which i purchased through http://bahamascruiseexcursions.com/nassauhiltonresortpass.htm. This was my first cruise without my parents, and I was hesitant to choose anything that required a cab or taxi. I picked this excursion because of the price, and it was within walking distance of the port (about 15-20 minutes). It was $60.00 each, but you each get a $40.00 credit for food at their patio bar and grille. They have burgers, wraps, sandwiches, and salads. The Hilton was beautiful, I wouldn't mind staying there for a week on a land vacation! They have a really nice pool area with lounge chairs, beds, and hammocks. After you pass the pool and bar area you can head down to the beach which is where we spent the day. The beach itself is rather small, but it is gorgeous! We found two lounge chairs and practically didn't leave them all day. It's a really quiet, low key beach, if that's what you're looking for. Might not be great for kids, but they did have boogie boards and kayaks that guests could use. Overall, this was a GREAT buy and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a lazy day on the beach. We ate lunch at the bar, and got two drinks each and even with 15% gratuity included, only spent $75 of our $80 credit.

lhz3456

1 review

Hotel was within walking distance and since we had such a short time in port, that was nice and maximized our time at the beach. It was a nice property but the food and beverage service at the BCHilton lacked a lot! The workers acted irritated we were there and they never came to the beach. We had to go up to the restaurant to get whatever we needed. When I ordered a regular margarita, I saw the bar tender take a glass, wet it down with water and pour table salt around the rim. He then poured frozen margarita into the glass taking the salt with it. It was awful. There were non motorized beach things (kayaks, snorkel equipment) that we were able to use as part of our pass. Our ship stayed in port until midnight; however, we were back on board by 7 pm. I really felt that this was a very short day since we arrived at 1 pm and we had limited time in sun and on the beach.

lildidge

1 review

Went to the British Colonial Hilton, walkable from Pier and pass all the shops and restaurants. $60 for day pass which includes $40 Bar and food credit...well worth it.

mochaandhearts

We decided to book a resort day pass, because we had heard so many wonderful things about Sheraton in Nassau. We had such an amazing time. The beach was clean and quite, the staff was amazing, and the pool area was wonderful. I know my husband, and I would do it again in a heartbeat! You can purchase the resort day pass upon arrival, or through an independent company online.

A few tips: Take a Jitney (#10B) to the resort. The Jitney’s can be found near George Street, just off of the Straw Market. We paid $1.25/pp. A taxi will be about $15-20.

saharaga

We spent the day in Nassau enjoying the sun and beach at the Sheraton Cable Beach Resort. We paid $20 for a cab to take us from the port to the hotel and paid $60 for 2 adult day passes which included the use of the beach, pool, and non-motorized beach activities. The front desk staff was very nice and decided not to charge us for our 4 year old. The beach was beautiful and the hotel was pristine. I would definitely consider staying here if I ever took a land vacation to Nassau. There was also a lifeguard on duty at the beach, which we really appreciated. There are people that roam around the beach to take your drink and food orders or you can just walk up to the bar. The offerings are pricey. We paid $9 and $12 for our mixed alcoholic drinks, $3 for a can of soda, and $8.75 for a small personal-sized pizza. The beach was not crowded and we enjoyed a nice relaxing day. I also learned the secret to enjoying Nassau – venture outside of the port area. There were cabs waiting in front of the hotel which made getting back to the port very simple.

4 sisters cruising

1 review

We choose to do Atlantis. We bought the full pass. This was not restricted. Some passes lock you out of certain areas. We watched our time closely. We did the beach first. It was very nice a bit over crowded with chairs not much space in between. Went to all the pools. Did the lazy river, it was not lazy at all. Rapids along the ride. It was great. We did the aquarium, casino, took tons of pictures and they aloud us to clean up in a spa area. It was expensive but I think we got our monies worth.

Provider: Carnival Cruise Lines

ticotraveler

1 review

Hopped the #10 Jitney bus over to the Sheraton on Providence Island (Nassau). $20 bucks for a day pass to sit on beach, access to restrooms and restaurants. Even an umbrella. Drinks were pricey like on the boat, the facilities, pool etc. were super but the beach still had hawkers and we were warned to watch our stuff.
Next time we will return to Junkanoo beach which is walking distance to the boat and spend about half on two chairs and an umbrella and cheaper drinks. Public restrooms are a bit dirty there. Carry a sandwich, kick back but keep an eye on your stuff. We still had time to stroll the shops on the way back to the boat. Just a note, on a previous cruise we booked a Catamaran/Snorkeling with Carnival and it was awesome!

ad1992

1 review

totally worth discover atlantis. The aquariums are amazing.

Provider: Carnival Cruise Lines

nimi17

1 review

Beautiful location, amenities, and a great value for the price when compared to an Atlantis shore excursion booked through the cruise line.

allison0523

Great day pass. Hotel is old and needs some new furnishings but they had several pools, a large, clean beach area and good food.

CTJoeCruiser

$30 person for use of Hotel facilities, multiple pools, beach, chairs, umbrellas, etc. Very nice facility. Pricey "extras", but it's a resort! We were there in an "off-season" month, but on a nice day in peak season, this place would be jammin' & a great place to go. $5 per couple RT ride from port in the #10 "Jitney" the best deal of the entire trip!

PartyofV

1 review

Sheraton Resort day pass. Nice daysoent at the beach. Rented waverunners, played with hotelwater toys.

baritone77

1 review

We got off the ship around 7:00 am and walked around Nassau. The shops don't open until around 9:00am, so if you are around earlier, don't expect to do much shopping. We walked around Bay Street and took a few snapshots and then took a taxi to RIU Palace Resort for our Day pass excursion. We shared a taxi with a few other people, so the 15 minute trip ended up being about 8 bucks for the 2 of us. If you want a relaxing day at the beach, we recommend the RIU Palace day pass! 9-5 am and you get free drinks and a free buffet. We spent most of the morning on the beach, then the rest of the day sitting by the pool area drinking and enjoying the sunshine.. a truly relaxing experience!!!