Kona Waterfall Adventure Excursion Reviews

Kona Waterfall Adventure cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Take a tour through Kona's many beautiful waterfalls -- it's a breathtaking experience!
Member Image dsweeney
Sep 2016
Hidden waterfalls..beautiful scenery. Hiked through forest..a little more strenuous than expected, but guide adjusted pace based on group. Wear shoes as muddy and a little slippery. Site chosen for lunch was nice reward for your hike. Food good too
Read dsweeney's full Pride of America cruise review
Member Image mousefan
Apr 2016
This was one of the best water excursions we have ever done. The crew of the Body Glove boat was great and offered many perks like prescription goggles, water toys, food and the like. The staff was interactive with the guests. While the reef was not that impressive I did get up close with a sea turtle, which was awesome. On the short boat ride we also saw dolphins and whales. It was a great day!
Read mousefan's full Radiance of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image Joeisuzu
Nov 2015
Great tour. Great views. Great guide.
Read Joeisuzu's full Pride of America cruise review
Member Image VieraMaggie
Nov 2015
We had a great tour guide on our waterfall hike. It was very slippery on some of the paths so I was being super careful not to lose my balance. The guide provided support for the more difficult parts of the walk. I felt bad because the guide actually fell on one of the slick parts of the trail while trying to get in front to help me. The waterfalls were beautiful and we had a picnic lunch after the hike. We then had a little time to walk around some of the shops by the pier so we could buy some Kona coffee to take home. Great day!
Read VieraMaggie's full Pride of America cruise review
Member Image ashelbie
Jul 2015
Our favorite excursion! Small group (we had 11) with our guide on private property and marked trails. Gorgeous waterfalls, nice swimming and a great spot for lunch overlooking the ocean. Worth the money and time.
Read ashelbie's full Pride of America cruise review
Member Image soapcakes
Not Rated
Nov 2014

Can I give this any more stars? I would! The Secret Waterfalls of Kohala was the trip of a lifetime. Our guide was so much fun and had so much to tell us about the rainforest. He provided nice raincoats, backpacks and water bottles. Listen carefully...when they ask if you'd like a walking stick, the answer is YES!!! Everyone who didn't take one regretted it. This is a true hike through rainy, slippery and VERY muddy terrain with hanging bridges, rope trestles, tree root steps, rocks and did I say mud? You will be soppy, muddy and envigorated to your core. I have never felt so alive. I am overweight and not particularly graceful and it was just enough of a challenge that I had to work to keep up with the group. But it was worth it. We started with a lovely bus ride with narration, followed by a CRAZY ride in a WWII Pinzer up a two-track, rocky and seemingly vertical ascent into a private jungle area. After our fragrant hike we took the vehicle to an outcropping with the most incredible vista's I've ever witnessed. The photographs look like something made up in the game Myst. We watched a rain squal blow in over the ocean as we ate a nice boxed lunch. This tour was a dream come true. When we returned we had a little bit of time in the town of Kona, which is a cute little village with a scenic port. There is a small beach there where you can dip your toes or more into the water. Good bathrooms and services. Grabbed some Kona coffee at a shop across from the tender port. Pride of America tenders were easy rides, no waiting to get on and off the ship. Kona rocked!

Read soapcakes's full Pride of America cruise review
Member Image Kellie Poodle
Not Rated
Apr 2012
WE were a small group in a little bus and took a drive to the headquarters of the tour company while the guide gave us information about the area. When we got to the HQ we transferred into huge off-road military-type vehicle and went a few miles up the road onto a private ranch where we drove to the top of a mountain and got out. We were given walking sticks, rain gear, water, bug spray and a wonderful hike in the rain forest to see several waterfalls, one of which had a pool at the bottom where members of the tour could swim. The swim was followed by a box lunch then we returned. The guide was very informed and it was a great tour.
Read Kellie Poodle's full Celebrity Century cruise review