Victoria Pedicab Excursion Reviews

Victoria Pedicab cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Taking a Pedicab rickshaw is a fun and entertaining way to see Victoria.
Member Image kwkiwi
Sep 2016
All the excursions were booked out so I got off the boat and decided to walk to town. I enquired about a pedicab as they are at the port entrance. Had an enjoyable 3 hour ride around, saw more than I would have going by myself. Stopped in Chinatown for a quick bite. Just need to watch out that you establish the charges and time agreed upon before getting into the cab.The operators are quite keen to sign you up when you are just enquiring about the price! I paid $36 per hour, some others paid $80 each for three hours, that's a lot more and they were pulled around by someone on foot. I had a motorised pedicab.
Read kwkiwi's full Celebrity Solstice cruise review
Member Image EdJanetcruiser
Aug 2016
The pedicab were just outside of the ship. Easy to set up tour. We booked the pedicab for 2.5 hours. We went through some great neighbor hoods and parks. Our pedicab driver was knowable and customer friendly. Our driver recommended 10 Acers for lunch and it was excellent. We would do it again. We walked back to the ship It was a beautiful day.
Read EdJanetcruiser's full Explorer of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image suzidc@yahoo.com
Jul 2016
There were bike taxis that pulled up to the dock. They asked how long of a tour we wanted, and what we were interested in. We saw historical homes, the park, the gardens, and stopped at a local all natural grocery store. Our guide stopped any time we had a whim since we were paying by the hour. He had a lot of interesting information on the history and answered any questions we had about the island and town. He dropped us off at government street, this was the most diverse shopping we saw. There were vendors on the dock at the harbor, and china town is also easily accessible. We ate on a parallel street at Darcy's pub.. AMAZING food, local beers and there were teen age kids playing music in the adjacent courtyard. We had a great time people watching and just enjoying the day. When we were ready to head back to the ship, we found another bike taxi who gave us a little more history on the way back and showed us the floating homes.
Read suzidc@yahoo.com's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Provider: Pedicab
Member Image LindaLouise
Jul 2016
5 hour pedicab tour of gardens, parks, lovely neighborhoods, and the Craigdarroch Castle. Very relaxing day and beautiful weather!! We stayed in town for dinner and then walked back to the ship.
Read LindaLouise's full Maasdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image aw1978
Jul 2016
They gave us a 2 hour quick tour of Victoria at night. We made an ice cream stop, park stop and shopping time. Fun Tour!!
Read aw1978's full Crown Princess cruise review
Provider: Victoria Petticab Company
Member Image Opihi
May 2016
Beats walking. Driver was highly knowledgable, talented, and enjoyed his job. Recommended for those not wanting to walk around the city during the brief stay in port.
Read Opihi's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Provider: Victoria Pedi Cab Tours
Member Image CBH52
Jul 2015
Was pretty informative and was taken through a beautiful city park. Flowers were in full bloom. Got some history of the city and ended up at the Empress Hotel. Took a cab back to the ship as it was a long walk back.
Read CBH52's full Celebrity Solstice cruise review
Member Image Daphnie3677
Jun 2015
Our guide was awesome and what an amazing city. So clean
Read Daphnie3677's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Provider: The pedi cab company
May 2015
Our pedicab guide had a conflict in the afternoon, but he arranged a replacement for the second half. Both guides did a superb job! Soren also took some photos of us with our camera. Ian guided us to the Queen’s Gardens. Definitely worth a revisit!
Read knittinggirl's full Celebrity Infinity cruise review
Not Rated
Sep 2014

This is my second time w/ Victoria Pedicab. We loved this and got some really good visits to Beacon Hill Garden and a great chocolate shop!

Read knittinggirl's full Celebrity Century cruise review
Provider: Victoria Pedicab
Not Rated
Sep 2013

Victoria - *****+ Pedicab (Private) - I had corresponded with Andrew over several weeks, and arranged for a tour when our ship docked. What sold me was when he told me if I missed the ship, he was responsible for getting me to the next port. The day came, and so did the rain. We spotted our guide, Soren. He had put a canopy on the cab and also provided quilted blankets as well as waterproof blankets. Mid-morning, he stopped at a grocery store for coffee on him. I don't know how he did it, but he managed to pedal the cab while holding his umbrella. I was reluctant to take pictures with even my water-resistent camera, and Soren, working hard to keep the camera dry gave us a few shots. Lots of neighborhoods, historic homes. Soren was wonderful stepping off the bike so he could explain while looking at us! We cut the tour short, due to the rain. Soren said it was the rainiest tour in his 17 years with Pedicab. We plan on booking another excursion to catch the parts we missed.

Read knittinggirl's full Celebrity Century cruise review
Provider: Victoria Pedicab
Member Image bill_the_traffic_guy
May 2012
The stop in Victoria is mandatory and is very quick. The cruise ships dock quite a way from downtown where all the stuff to see is. Once you exit the terminal there are lots of options. We talked to a couple of different ones and finally decided on the pedicab. I talked to "Nick" and introduced him to his load for the evening. He didn't flinch as he added the gross tonnage of his future passengers. Nick had a bicycle with room for 4 adults. It was quite an adventure riding slowly through town with large buses behind us. Nick took it all in stride and he gave us an awesome 2 1/2 hour tour for $75 a piece. I would highly recommend this over every other tour offered. Very different!
Read bill_the_traffic_guy's full Oosterdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line