Nassau Atlantis Aquaventure Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Nassau Shore Excursions > Atlantis Aquaventure

Discover a world of fun and excitement at the largest water-themed attraction in the Caribbean. The resort's 141-acre waterscape includes pools, water coasters, body slides and rivers.

caseykck

Loved it! As far as I'm concerned, Atlantis is the only thing worth getting off the boat for in Nassau. The grounds are lovely. Tons of garden areas, lagoons with fish and sea creatures, the dig is really neat, and the water park is AMAZING. I loved the slides (and I've been to many water parks living in Central Florida). These slides were very thrilling. The lazy river was the best though…it wasn't too lazy at all with the rapids. It was just a really nice day overall.
The excision was really just admission and transportation. The boarding process did a take a little long, but not too bad. Coming back we did have to spend over 30 minutes sitting on the bus waiting for more passengers to come which was annoying. But I'd do again in a heart beat.
Tip: Wait till your onboard to book. It dropped from $169 (pre-boarding price) to $129.

SealR

1 review

We read reviews beforehand about this excision being crowded…believe it! We had never been to Atlantis and wanted to take advantage of being in port to visit this renowned resort. Our kids are the perfect age to enjoy this place, BUT it was overly crowded. There were three other boats in port and resort goers…I would have been REALLY angry if I were staying at the resort…It is a huge resort with big prices and a lot to conquer in a short amount of time. There were also all kinds of rules/restrictions on what you could and could not do…The towel line was ridiculous and inefficient wasting a good 20-30 minutes of our time. I would not say we regret our decision to go, but it was a lot of money for not a lot of time/fun. We would not do this excursion again or recommend it for sheer cost and time alone. Also beware….there is a public beach looped into the Atlantis so go to COVE Beach in the resort where you won't be pressed to purchase/buy all the local loot…we ended up at the beach for a good chunk of time because the water rides etc…were too long.

mopeygoff

1 review

Next up was Nassau. We chose to do the Atlantis Aquaventure. By the time we got to the waterpark, we called it the "Atlantis Walkaventure". There was around 200 of us going to Atlantis. So we disembarked the ship, was made to stand on the pier in the heat and humidity for about 20 minutes before boarding the "bus". The trip over was fine. We disembarked the bus, and was made to wait for 2 more busses in the blazing Nassau heat and humidity until we finally started moving toward what we expected was the water park. Instead, we got an hour tour of the property in the heat. And while I was impressed at the beauty of the hotel and property, we did not pay for a tour: We paid to play in the water park. We finally left the group and took off on our own. It was amazing that we found our way back to the busses in approximately 15 minutes and that included a stop to look at the sting rays and sea turtles. We got a 20% refund because we complained about losing an hour at the park because of a tour that was not mentioned in the description when we booked the excursion. The waterpark itself was pretty fun, I just wish we had that hour back because we only got 3 total hours (we paid for 4). The lines were pretty short, we got to ride all the slides, sometimes even two and three times.

The ride back was nice. The driver took us on a brief tour of Nassau. I had been to Nassau a few times and didn't ever hear of the places he showed us. Next time I will have to visit on foot and check the places out.

neverlandfairie

1 review

We arrived in Nassau on Thursday morning, where we got to spend a little more time than in Florida. Our excursion was to Atlantis (Aquaventure). Most of the shore excursions were to Atlantis; I'm not sure what the other non-Atlantis ones were. The thing that bugged me about this port was all the walking we had to do from the ship to the tour buses and vice versa. It was long, it was hot. I felt bad for my aunt. They never really tell you that there's a lot of walking to do and there's really no way to get assistance. Anyway, once we got to Atlantis, we felt more at ease because we've actually been there on vacation 3 separate times (last year, in fact!) We didn't follow the tour group and did our own thing. One thing about the Bahamas - be prepared for rain! We weren't even there a half hour when it began to pour. We were in the Marina Village by then so we stood under the awning of a store until it passed. Some people, I heard, weren't so lucky. The other thing about the Bahamas is that the rain doesn't last very long. Once it stopped, the clouds passed, and the sun shined bright. I have to tell you, spending the day at Atlantis was the most relaxing day I had on this vacation. The water was nice, the sun was nice (I love the heat), we knew where everything was, we knew what we wanted to do and didn't want to do, I got to go on my favorite slide (the shark tank one), everything was perfect. Maybe it wasn't so relaxing for the people who were there for the first time because the place is huge and there's so much to do, but my aunt and I were fine. My aunt gets nervous about timing (and she didn't have a watch on her) so we ended up getting a bus and arrived back a little early. We must've taken the 4pm bus back to the port, and by the time we got on the ship, it was 4:30pm. The latest you could come back on the ship was 5:30pm. When we got back, we were greeted by loud music and dancing staff members. Some members gave out cold towels for your face and mini ice pops. I think water was also given out. I thought that was extremely nice of them to do; I don't really remember that on other cruise ships. I had no energy to dance my way back on board, although my aunt miraculously could! They were filming this for the "Cruise In Review" video shown on the last day of the cruise before you disembark, and lo and behold my aunt was featured. :)

pattipiek

1 review

Be prepared to walk! It was a wonderful experience and beautiful park! Only 5 slides, although someone had told me prior to going it was bigger than our water park at home. Only 5 slides. It takes up a ton of acreage and tons of water and beaches. HOT pavement. You walk through the Hotel and Aquarium on the way in and on the way out. The food at the Water Park was awesome! They even had a Starbucks in there. The food and service in the hotel were terrible and over-oriced! Atlantis Plato had over-priced ham and cheese paninis (thier only offering) and we spent 30 dollars on ham sandwiches. Then they double-charged our credit cards which we found when we got back, and they added their own included gratuity even with bad and slow service. The shuttle was pleasant enough, we shuttled with cruisers from other cruise lines so it was nice to hear their tales of their cruises. NCL greets you with music and open arms each time you leave and return to the ship, and I loved that about this cruise line!

TSan7100

1 review

At 8AM we had cancelled our trip due to heavy rain and received a full refund at the ship. We went back to the room to sleep. After waking up at 10:30AM and saw that the rain was slowing down, we took our chances and purchased the tickets to Atlantis. During our purchase, the rep was trying to talk us out of it. I was not leaving the Bahamas without going down the big Atlantis slide. I'm glad that I took my chances.. Entering the park at 11:30 AM on a cloudy day and going down the Atlantis slide 4 times without lines, the sun came out shining at 1:30 PM. This made our day and we enjoyed the water park throughout the day. Highly recommend!!

PITTSBURGHV

1 review

We did the Atlantis Aquaventure, which cost a fortune but was a great day. Choosing the Aquaventure excursion gave us access to the entire water park, including the fantastic water slides and lazy river/rapids. Our 12-year-old daughter and our 15-year-old son and his friend had a blast! We left the ship at around 12:15, got to the park at around 1:00 and had several hours until the last shuttle bus back to the ship at 6:00, which was plenty of time to do everything. We had stayed at the Atlantis a few years ago and were familiar with the property, so it wasn't as overwhelming as it might have been if it had been our first time there. Towels are provided at the Atlantis, but no food or drink is included, so you need to bring cash. We also needed to bring our passports. Being afraid to leave passports and cash unattended, we had to take turns swimming and doing the slides and rapids/lazy river, which was tough because it was a sweltering hot day and the only free lounge chairs we could find were in the sun. One other thing I'll mention is that the entire water park is very slippery. Everyone is wearing a ton of sunscreen, then they get wet and the sunscreen runs off leaving every surface super slick. Toward the end of the day, my daughter slipped, her feet went out from under her and she hit the back of her head on the concrete. I brought her to the nurse on the property, who gave her an ice pack and described concussion symptoms to watch out for. Thank God she was ok, but it was very scary. Not the Atlantis' fault but definitely something to be aware of if you go!

josmith77

1 review

Atlantis was BEAUTIFUL. The beach was incredible and there were many places to spread out if you want to be alone. Aquaventure was very fun and worth the money. There were many pools, lazy rivers and watersides to enjoy. Food and lockers are available for an extra charge. Towels are included for free use. I'd recommend bringing water shoes because the pavement is SO hot that we burned our feet. (We had flip flops but you can't wear them on rides)

I didn't give it a perfect review because it was a bit expensive, but if I was in Nassau, I would go again.

Dytaylor

Atlantis is HUGE! Once we made it there and finally found the lockers which were about as far away from everything as they could be we made our way to find the rides. The rides are somewhat hidden and not very well marked, but eventually we found our way. We had to split up because the little kids areas were not very close to the bigger slides, but we switched it up and each parent got to spend time doing big kid and little kid things. Having kids ages 15 and 2 makes that necessary on almost every occasion. The aquarium was something we could all enjoy together so we spent quite a bit of time walking through there. There is a lot of walking to do in Atlantis and you will not see it all in the time you have there even if you stay until the last bus leaves, but it is fun and so much better than trying to navigate the dirty streets downtown. We would do this excursion again when our younger son is older and can do more things.

silverpenguin

We met in the comedy club of our ship and a ship crew member took us to the bus to Atlantis. After a short scenic tour, our guide dropped us off at the water park. The only real issue we had was renting a locker (medium sized is $11, the resort is cashless). We had to wait a long time because of technical difficulties. However, when we finally got our locker, they wouldn't let us on any of the slides because it was not quite 10:00...when they open. So, the amount of time spent in line turned out not to be so bad, since we wouldn't have been able to do anything else anyway. We rode several of the slides and they were thrilling. We then used our lunch voucher at a cafe. This voucher gives you several choices of cafes with choices of entrees at each. The entrees come with fries and a drink. We were disappointed, because it was the same type of food you could get on the ship, hamburgers and hot dogs. We then toured Atlantis on our own, going through the casino and then to the beach. We couldn't find a beach access from Atlantis, but were directed to a sign in the front of the resort that told us where to go. It is about a half mile walk. When we were finished at the beach, we went back to our bus and were transported back to the ship. I think this excursion, even with the promo price, is a little over priced. However, I would do it again, and I would book through the cruise line. It was worth it to me not to have to worry about transportation to and from.

Cruisin'Chills

1 review

I'm only giving this a "so-so" rating because frankly it was crazy overcrowded when we were there, and Atlantis took "chair-hogging" to a whole new level. I'm not a huge water-slide person, so I just wanted a comfortable place to relax and read while my daughter and husband did their thing. I just wanted ONE chair, not three -- I would never take up three chairs when I know that 2 of them will spend most of the day unused. Apparently I'm in the minority. I saw rows upon rows upon ROWS of "occupied" chairs -- without a single person in them. So, I really didn't enjoy that experience at all, not to mention the lines at all the waterslides were ridiculously long. They should probably consider capping admissions (which they'll never do, it will cost them money), but I can tell you if I was spending money to stay at Atlantis for a week and the place had lines like that every day, due in part to cruise ship passengers or other outside visitors clogging the place up, I wouldn't be too happy.

Snickers08

1 review

The second port we visited was Nassau. For this island we booked the Atlantis aqua adventure through Carnival. We paid $185 per person. The only complaint we had was that it took us till almost 11AM to get to Atlantis because we had to wait for each person to check in and get their bracelets. We then waited in a long line for almost 30 minutes waiting for the shuttle. I would recommend taking a cab directly to Atlantis and purchasing a pass there. The price at Atlantis was $120, but there are a limited amount depending on the time of the year. We went during spring break, but it looked like almost everyone in line to purchase a bracelet received one. We took the shuttle back at 3:30 and walked around Bay Street and shopped for a little bit before getting back on board.

nantol

1 review

We did not have enough time to enjoy Atlantis, otherwise this would have been ideal. The slides, pools beaches and bars all closed at 5 and we didn't dock until 1p.m. four hours was not enough. At $160 pp it was a waste

1stcruiseandwithoutthekid

1 review

Atlantis is beautiful. However, the water park was aaah ok. Not great, definitly not worth the $179 pp I paid. We only stayed about 2 hrs then went to the Straw Market and the Fish Fry (a strip of beach with restaurants & lil tiki looking huts serving drinks) . Now that was great! FYI the beach near the Fish Fry you can rent Jet Ski's (Cheap) and Decent Beach Massage for $25. That is where we will be next year!!

SJDymond

1 review

We decided to purchase tickets to Atlantis Beaches and Aquariums. The Aquarium was pretty cool, a lot of different marine life to see. Believe it or not we never made it to the beaches because somehow we were allowed inside the Aquaventure park, even though we didn't pay for it so we decided to take advantage of that instead.

IDoSpas

This was my second time on this excursion. I love Atlantic. The first time was with my husband we we felt guilty not bringing the kids so we made sure to go back with them. Ages 15 & 20. We did the rapping river ( a must) it takes about 20-25 minutes to go around the hole thing. We also included the Snorkel the Ruins of Atlantis (very expensive almost $500 for 4 people) about 40 minutes in the tank. If you have the time and money I would do it, but we where only there from 12:30-5:00 and lockers closed at 4:00 or you get a $50 fine for late pick up. so it eat up a lot of our time so we did not see much of the park and the kids only got to go on one slid. This excursion needs to be longer for the amount of money you spend there. For the four of us to do both the park and snorkeling it was almost $1000.00 for 5 hours. I would not recommend doing it unless you have at least 7 hours. 9 pools and 9 rides needs more time to enjoy them all.

Nursetammy

1 review

Basically - the description for snorkel the ruins of Atlantis is misleading . We snorkeled in the fish tank - in man made ruins with some nice fish but please don't charge me a lot to swim in a fish tank in front of everyone viewing the tank below in Atlantis. Most embarrassing thing ever - we hated it. This should be stopped .

kickboard

Great excursion, see main review , but when we walked out into the town just kept being pestered by taxi and vendors all the time - not great

Bamagurl01

1 review

The Aquaventure is so much fun. I love all the waterslides. This time we received a meal voucher. You have few venues to chose from and not all are open every day. However, the food was good. The only negative is that you don't have enough time there, but we will keep taking this excursion because it really is a blast!

elperl4

Many of the slides were closed, at least for access from the not-so-lazy lazy river. But the river is fun, with plenty of splashes and rapids. Booking this excursion gives you access to the rest of the Atlantis property, which includes a pretty nice underground aquarium and sprawling tropical grounds with abundant shade, spectacular vistas, and overall pleasantness. The slides that we did go on were plenty enjoyable, especially the one that goes through the shark tank.

A note on all Nassau excursions: the process of getting to your excursion is extremely disorganized, and passengers from all the ships in the port (usually at least 3) appear to all be combined into the same buses. That said, it's no much worse than trying to go out in Nassau by yourself.

MarineDive

1 review

I worked for several years as a lifeguard at one of California's best water parks and Atlantis was by far the best park I have never been to in terms of slides and rides. They combined the lazy river with a wave pool that made for an enjoying yet exciting ride. The slides were fun and unique to Atlantis. The resort was beautiful and the only downside is that the water park dose not accept cash. Only credit cards or Atlantis room key. The straw market was good but we didn't have enough time to truly explore it due to limited time on the island.

STLbbfan

1 review

Fantastic. Crowded and needed more time but a day that I will remember forever. Too expensive, however.

NYSean

1 review

Well worth the money! Food and drinks are expensive but it's worth it. Adults and kids will enjoy.

hscohn

The day at Atlantis was priced reasonably, though Atlantis is still expensive. You can go to Atlantis and get a day pass from their ticket booth outside for $135. The Carnival excursion was $180 but included transportation and lunch. It was a reasonable premium, but next time I would take the cab to Atlantis. I can't believe they would ever sell out.

jusstice

Awesome time at Atlantis. We all had a great time. We had never been before and went all over the resort (beach, lagoon, water park, casino). I can't wait to go back.

I thought it was a bit pricey at first, but so glad I booked. Also, the food prices were not that outrageous at the water park. Take a credit card as no cash taken.

Islandsunrise

1 review

We’ve been here many times, so it was the usual day at Atlantis. We usually just book a room, but Carnival had a great special on their excursion. There were so many ppl on this excursion, I thought for sure it was going to take hours, but Carnival did an OUTSTANDING job. Once on property we broke away from the group tour and headed for the park.

TheCriuseDirector

Atlantis was a very detailed and lovely water park. I thought it was too big and the lines were too long. But hey, what can you expect from a resort that is internationally known. I loved the experience but i highly doubt we will do the excursion again.

suesybil

1 review

Getting to Atlantis was a mess. There are no signs on where to meet when you get off the ship. You have to ask everyone you come across where is the Aquaventure tour? They just keep telling you to go down that way... Finally we get to the meeting place. Where everyone is crowded together. They ask you if you have already filled out your release form. No... So you have to do that before you get your wrist band. All in all, It's about an hour and a half before you actually get to Atlantis. Once you get there, The tour guide takes you through the casino, turn after turn after turn. (it's a maze) Finally they let us loose. After all of the "tour" stuff was done, we were set free. First thing we did was the mile long "lazy river". This river wasn't lazy. It's the most fun I have ever had riding on a lazy river. It took us about an hour to get all the way through it. Then we went to the "ruins slide". You had a little bit of a wait to go on this... but it was so worth it. And before we left Atlantis, we went to "the Dig" which is an under ground aquarium. That was very cool too. When it was time to leave... We took a taxi. I wasn't about to ride the bus again. Even if it was free.

rmh151

1 review

Expensive but worth the money to get on this property. Awesome rides. Awesome food at one of the restaurants included in the lunch voucher. Our lunch tab would have been about $35 if it weren't for the voucher. We both had Fish and Chips at Pisces near the beach. One of our best food experiences for the week, including all dinners in the main dining room.

We took a bus, arrived around 10 and stayed until about 3. I think Atlantis would be a great destination for a trip.

Pink35

We got there at 8:00 AM. However, most of the rides at Aquaventure were not open until 10 AM--including 2 popular water slides and the lazy river. We had to be back on the Cruise ship at 12:30 PM. So, we only had about 2 hours for rides. I felt that Atlantis allows the cruise ship passengers to come in the morning, so it does not distract there hotel guests. They want the cruise ship business, so that it encourages future hotel guest visitor bookings. However, I feel that if Atlantis has cruise ship visitors arriving at 8:00 AM in the morning, then ALL rides at AquaAdventure should be open at 8:00 AM--no exceptions. Especially, since we are paying $138.00 per person to come and use there water slides. The dolphin experience was okay. They could have had less talking introduction in a hot room, and more interactive education outside in the water with the dolphins. The picture package prices were ridiculously expensive. They would not allow you to use your own camera. I have no picture with the dolphins, because I refused to pay $70.00 for the smallest package. The Dig and some of the aquariums need more cleaning and maintenance. Also, just to highlight, the town around Atlantis is really run down. I felt that even if I came back to Atlantis as a hotel guest, that it would not be a safe area. Some of the locals mentioned there is a lot of theft and break ins. The cruise line had sent a special message letting them know of recent security issues in the town of Nassau, and urged passengers to take cruise line organized excursions only--for safety. I strongly felt the cruise line was correct. I would strongly advise future travelers in this area to not organize any excursions outside of the cruise line!!!

shawni

1 review

We decided to suck up the cost and take the family over to Atlantis. It is pretty expensive for an Aquaventure, but we all loved it. They have so much to see and do here that you probably won't even scratch the surface. We spent most of our time on the current. It was amazing to just be lazy and float for a bit before entering rapids or having a giant wave come crashing down and then ride the wave for a while. We also checked out some of the other slides but not a lot of them. The ones we tried were fun. The food was actually pretty good here for this type of establishment. One tip, get a soda early on and refill at any of the number of spots around the resort for no charge. I didn't see any signs saying you could not do this, and lots of people were, so I'm assuming that it was okay. Make sure you check out the digs and the aquarium at the hotel. There were also sharks, dolphins, stingrays, and lots of other animals to see. Both are amazing. The beach was very nice and relaxing. It was practically deserted when we went, which was nice. You can actually just stroll the property and check out amazing things everywhere. There were plenty of places to sits. Umbrella's were a little bit harder to find as the day got hotter, but you could find one if you looked a little. We brought a beach bag that comes with a lock to attach to the loungers (Kyss Bag) at one of the areas along the river, but lots of people left things laying around on the chairs, and no one really seemed to mess with anything. They also have drink service that comes around quite a bit. I'm sure I'm missing a lot here, but you just have to see it for yourself. We are even thinking about coming back for a week to enjoy all it has to offer.

pinbot_67

1 review

Aquaventure as also excellent, especially the lazy river. Best lazy river ever!

4 sisters cruising

1 review

Great to be able to use all of the pools and waterpark

Stephythegreat

1 review

The price is high but Atlantis was a blast! We enjoyed the many water slides and the beautiful scenery. Would defiantly return again. Caution: the food there is very expensive.

IAmSonOfASonOfASailor

1 review

The excursion begins in the Ovation Lounge onboard where you have to sign a waiver and wait for them to get organized. The process takes a long time. Eventually, you will be led to a bus that will drive you to Atlantis. According to Carnival, you can't buy a ticket to the waterpark on your own unless you are staying in the hotel but I am not so sure about that.

travelsalot52

great time but $600 for 4 people is ridiculous especially since it rained most of the day

cruisegirl515

Best lazy river I have ever been on. We had a great time at the resort, it is beautiful and has great pools.

ellaminnowp

1 review

Atlantis is so fun! Quick ride over, lots to do!

MediGatoRx

Fun once we got to Atlantis. Deboarding from the Dream was anything but. Took nearly 2 hours from time we got in line to meet our excursion party on the ship to just boarding the buses to get to Atlantis. VERY crowded but water park was overall enjoyable

mrsdarcytravels

1 review

We went on the Atlantis Aquaventure excursion. The excursion was pretty pricey but we wanted to experience Atlantis. Atlantis is a wonderful resort. Our guide was very thorough explaining everything - lockers, towels, food, pick-up times, etc. We had a choice of foods from several restaurants. Overall, the experience at Atlantis was a good one. I would love to come back to Atlantis one day!

IDoSpas

This is well worth the money. We got a ride to and from the cruise line. I was a bit worried with all of the other reviews stating that they would keep us and take us threw all of the casino's etc. But they did not. We did walk threw them but it gave us a great idea of the layout. I would do this for sure. This place is amazing. We did the big river 3 times. It takes about 20 minutes to go threw it and then you have a choice to do one of 2 slide rides in the middle of it. We did both. This was one of our favorite rides. We also did the tube ride going threw the sharks (surpine slide) I think. That was a lot of fun and you shouldn't miss it. We also enjoyed the pools. We made sure visit almost all of the other attractions. The Dig,,,, you will not want to miss this. We walked threw the hole thing, and then back tracked and did it again. Lunch: We just got some food at one on the food bars by the pools. A bit pricey but omg so much food. I got the loaded nachos (so big) 2 people can eat this. My husband got the fish sandwich. So amazing.

Zwicks8

1 review

This was a bit expensive but something we really wanted to do. Overall we had a blast and also wish we had more time here (we were only in port from 12:30 pm to 6:30 pm and aqua adventure closes at 5pm). Fish tanks and aquariums were in need of some cleaning (especially shark tank you go through on water slide), but with that much to keep up, I can see why. Overall, the amount of attractions of the water park was less than I was expecting (around 4 or 5 slides and 2 adventure/lazy rivers total) but given we only had 4 or 5 hours, we got to do everything we wanted.

traveleroftheworld

1 review

We had to catch a bus to go and come back, and it took about 20 mins to get there, Atlantis is cool for the kids but nothing special for adults, just a hotel with water slides. My kids would have liked to do the dolphin encounter but it was too late when we tried to book it.

RealPisces

1 review

Prior to the cruise, we called the Atlantis to find out how much the day passes were and the availability. The man we spoke with explained they only sell out a few times a year and this time of year wasn't usually one of them. Since it was a Sunday, we went shopping first and then took a taxi over to Atlantis ($10 for 2 people from market area). The aquarium, predator caves, dig, and all of the sea life they have there is just amazing. That alone was worth the admission price. Make sure you have your camera, it is fully charged, and has plenty of memory! After we saw all the sea life, we decided to try out the water park. The first (and only) slide was the water tube that came down through the shark tunnel. That was a lot of fun; however, it was not that warm...so I passed on trying out any more of the slides (I'm a chicken anyway). Put your stuff in a locker so you don't have to worry about who's watching it. Also, no cash in the water park--cards only. The beach area was nice, chairs available but by this time the wind was making it colder than it already was, and the red flags were up so nobody was swimming. I'd like to come back here when it is warmer.

alwayslol1984

1 review

Nassau was the last port on our cruise before returning to New York. As soon as you step off the dock you are greeted by people trying to sell you bottles of water and guided tours. Luckily we had already booked our Atlantic Aquaventure through Norwegian so we just needed to find our bus.

To be completely honest, the bus ride was one of the most memorable parts of the entire cruise. The driver was hilarious, making jokes all the way to Atlantis while dodging the wacky traffic all around us. The bus itself tickled me, as it was quite small, with a row of seats that popped out to occupy the aisle so that people were seated four across in snug fashion.

Once we arrived at Atlantis, we were met by staff that guided us through the enormous resort. Along the way we were shown some points of interest, and eventually we were dropped off at one of the many entrances to the rapids. Atlantic was great fun, although the river rapids can be quite rough at times. The aquarium is a must see in my opinion. It's a great way to wind down the visit to this beautiful resort.

We decided to have lunch at Virgil's BBQ, and we're glad we did. The portions were very generous and the prices were more reasonable than I would have ever expected. The decor is tasteful and there are lots of windows allowing a nice view of the grounds. If I ever travelled here again, I would very likely visit Virgil's again.

godek

1 review

The Atlantis is worth the money spent. The 40 minute not so lazy river is the best thing I have been on. It is incredible!

gemcrusier

1 review

Our second stop was where we went to Atlantis that is one big place and you cant see it all in a day. We had the Dolphin excursion and the girls loved every minute. I had purchased a locker for the day in the hospitality center $8.00,then later found out the Dolphin area had lockers which would have been nice to know. When it came time to buy the Dolphin pictures I had to walk to the other side of the place to get my credit card out of the locker it is a brisk 15-20 min walk only to return and find out they also wanted photo ID , so I had to walk it again. I asked about the little carts driving around if I could get a ride back to the locker I would pay answer NO!!!, so my advice is keep what you need on you in a water tight holder. We missed alot of the water slides with all walking back and forth. The

sparkledgp

1 review

We loved the waterpark and the excursion included free lunch pass- only thing was we wish we had more time (had to keep abreast of the time which was a little task while trying to get to everything - the place is huge)!! but we loved every bit of it

molliebear

1 review

The water slides were so much fun for my son.

Wolfstravel

1 review

Pros: Great water rides with no lines. They also have lockers to store your items for a cost ($7). It was a 5 minute ride from the port. Cons: The price.

ssstacie

1 review

AWFUL!!!! Don't do it! Overpriced and all you'll do is wait in lines lines lines lines lines. Shore Excursion desk at Norwegian was awful and very non-customer focused.

ohotos

1 review

A very fun day at Atlantis Aquaventure. We were just dissapointed that the two slides going through the shark tank from the Mayan temple were closed for renovations. Some areas of Atlantis seemed a bit run-down compared to ten years ago but the beaches are as nice as ever.

soundtracklover

The water park was excellent, but there is not nearly enough time in Nassau to truly enjoy this excursion for the amount of money they charge. We arrived at 8:15 at Atlantis and got the brief tour. The pools didn't open until 9am and the water slides/river didn't open until 10am. We had to be back at the pick up location by 12:45. Although we greatly enjoyed the slides, and especially the rapids river, this visit was too rough. I wouldn't recommend this tour if your port time is only from 7am to 2pm. I would love to visit the Atlantis as a destination location though.

CleveRocks

1 review

Overpriced? Yes. Crowded? Yes. Fun, clean, and more fun? YES!!! The place was beautiful...nothing looked worn or old. And in addition to the Aquaventure water park, this was our only opportunity to go to a beach during our cruise, and the beach and water were beautiful, as expected. The aquarium (The Dig) was a must-see for our son, and it didn't disappoint. The place was so fun, do beautiful and so huge that we're contemplating vacationing there.

Galatz

1 review

The excursion itself was great. We had a really good time their due to our full day. If your excursion was only until 2-3 because of the time you have to leave the port, I wouldn't recommend it. The lines are too long for a short stay and a high price tag. Additionally there is zero security. I would recommend you save yourself $180 bucks and take a taxi.

bananaguy

Cost $159/person but Atlantis Aquaventure which is water park with access to the entire facility was great. The main streets of Nassau looked more depressed than Freeport. Most shops shuttered and closed.

infl

The water park didn't open until 10 am. We got to Atlantis before 9 am. Do the Aquarium early and get your pictures in. Make sure you take a picture in front of the main aquarium. Head over to the water park and buy a locker (cash or credit) before 10 and go to the Rapids and get ready to grab your tubes. You can also go to the beach prior to 10 am. Make sure you fill up your time productively before 10. This excursion was way too short and probably too expensive for the time spent there. We all wanted more time!!! It was fun, but too short!

thomastoo

Water slides were great.

Angles kisses

Lines were too long, too much people with 4 cruises dock there the same day

mivywislip22

1 review

Except for the dolphin experience that my kids enjoyed, this was a complete bust. After we took the bus to the Atlantis, we were ushered through the casino into the water park which took about 20 mins or so. We were told were the lockers were and proceeded to stand in line for a locker for an hour. After taking a trip down the river rapids, which is kind of dangerous for young kids and older folks, we went to the dolphin experience. The dolphin experience was a 30 min orientation and then 12 people to a dolphin for about another 30 mins. Basically, you got to kiss and dance with the dolphin and then it pushed you on a boogie board across the lagoon. They mostly took pictures, trying to get you to purchase them afterwards. Even so, once in a lifetime experience and the kids loved it. After that was over, we took the river rapids back to the place where we had been sitting. On this trip, my 73 year old mother - law was pushed out of her tube and hit her head on a rock, my 14 year old son scraped up his knee on a rock and my 9 year old took the wrong fork in the river and was lost on the Abyss ride for over an hour before we found him. The security was very helpful when we lost our son and managed to find him on the ride rather quickly once we figured out what had happened to him. The river rapids has a fork that goes to the Abyss slide and the other fork goes back around to the river, he was pushed into the Abyss fork because there were so many people on the river, he couldn't control where he was going. After we found him, we went back to our lounge chairs to find that our beach bags had been stolen. Nothing of value except my son's glasses and some goggles and suntan lotion, but it was enough to have us pack up and get out of there. The park is too big to do on a few hours from a cruise ship. You need to stay in one of the hotels for a couple of days to have enough time to enjoy this water park.

dmcc7101@aol.com

1 review

Atlantis aqua excersion was great!

deserttreehouse

Had a wonderful time at Atlantis, winning a royal flush in the casino, viewing the aquariums, and doing the waterpark. The waterpark is a lot of fun with the inner tubing around the resort and the famous Mayan Temple slide. The slide is so high up and the view down is breathtaking--just keep your eyes closed and it's over in about 4 seconds. Access to the beach is super easy and there are lots of beach lounges with guys to set them up for you. Beautiful sand and light blue water with waves that will suck you in and then throw you back out onto the sand. Lunch provided with the shore excursion was great with the help of one of the staff who seemed to take cruisers under her wing and find a place for us to sit inside out of the rain. Even though it was pouring down rain during part of our time ashore it was still an absolute blast. We found an umbrella in one of the shops. Lovely music outside, lots of lockers to store your stuff (have a credit card), plenty of staff to make sure you're ok and answer questions, lots of people having a relaxing time at a beautiful place. The ride back was so much fun with the great driver we had, who was part comedian and father of four. He told all of us several places to visit before getting back on the ship, so we went to the Straw Market and the Tortuga Rum Cake shop and then had to hurry to get onboard during the last minutes. What fun!

JMR_MOM

1 review

So much fun...until the park was shut down due to the weather. Wasted almost $300.

jbcruze

A day at the Atlantis Waterpark. The waterpark was a little disappoining. But the hotel, grounds, fish tanks and casino were great.

NYGirl1002

A lot of walking but I suspect they want to show you the areas where you would have to purchase something such as the arcade or casino. The grounds are beautiful and we loved the lazy river rapids and the lagoon. The aquarium is amazing. We also had a lunch voucher and the food was very good.

renatems

1 review

Atlantis is big and beautiful. It is expensive, but worth it! Had fun all day long!

jemj

Amazing!!!

johnnypiano

1 review

We enjoyed the Atlantis aquarium and waterpark. the Atlantis Aquaventure gave us full access to the Atlantis resort. When we got there we were required to take a walking tour of the resort before we were set free to explore on our own. This was helpful, since we were first timers. But, if we went again, I probably would try to get out of it. In the future we would book it on our own. There seemed to be good access to taxis at the port, and the cruise ship added quite a margin just to transport us there.

Goldilocks77

1 review

very expensive for what you actually get

Lindsey310

1 review

Not worth the 169.00 just to use waterpark. Stayed at Atlantis in october 09. Would just buy the "beach day" for 30.00 next time.

macusr

Best lazy river I've ever been on! I didn't go on too many of the slides. The pool areas were nice - a couple of them had pretty chilly water though. Had the conch fritters for lunch which were good. A very enjoyable day all around. With transportation and a lunch voucher included, I thought the $169/pp price was worth it.

galian84

Our favorite excursion this cruise! Got a beautiful day to enjoy, spent the day wandering the beaches and Aquaventure. Loved the water slides, went on as many as we could.

MamaShells

1 review

We honeymooned in Atlantis so we were dying to go back. It's perfect!