Ocho Rios Dunn's River Falls Excursion Reviews

Ocho Rios Dunn's River Falls cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Dunn's River Falls offer 600 feet of climbing pleasure for thousands of visitors and locals every year. It is arguably Jamaica's most popular and famous attraction.
Member Image hdhatto5037
Nov 2016
Climbed up the 150 Foot Waterfall (not next to the waterfall, actually in it) with my family. Water shoes are necessary as well as a swim suit! Doable for myself, fiance, and my 9 and 7 year olds. It was great fun!
Read hdhatto5037's full Empress of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Booked through Wilderness ATV tours (Neil)
Member Image TABG
Oct 2016
The falls are something truly amazing and the guides are very friendly and encouraging making certain every person makes it to the top without getting hurt.
Read TABG's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image mst235
Jul 2016
Very fun but also very hard. Some rocks are slippery even with water shoes on.
Read mst235's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image la_coach@yahoo.com
Jul 2016
it was ok but not what i expected. the people were very friendly but it was too short.
Read la_coach@yahoo.com's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image kvernaleken
Jun 2016
We loved Dunn's River Falls - it's a little dicey in parts (in the US this would never fly - liability would be too high in letting people climb up a waterfall). But great fun! We did an excursion which included lunch, and probably shouldn't have. We had no time for shopping at Dunn's River Falls or anywhere else. We ate lunch at 3pm and were just starving by the time we ate. If I was going to do it again, I'd just hire a taxi in the port and head to Dunn's River Falls on our own. There were food options and shopping right there, we could have spent the entire day there easily.
Read kvernaleken's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image kelearly
Jun 2016
Hiking Dunn's River Falls was amazing. Here's the link to my review on tripadvisor https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147312-d2043496-r391583855-Dunn_s_River_Falls_and_Park-Ocho_Rios_Saint_Ann_Parish_Jamaica.html
Read kelearly's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image Black_Sheep
Jun 2016
Great (great!) family adventure. If you haven't done it...you've got to. Took 23-members ranging from 7-year-old to 72-year-old.
Read Black_Sheep's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image cruisedaddymiami
Jun 2016
Beautiful beach, snorkeling just ok, good prices at the beach
Read cruisedaddymiami's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image blueelm
May 2016
Fun and somewhat protected from very pushy locals
Read blueelm's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image spclkrn
May 2016
Got a personal taxi. Driver was wonderful. Went to a great local restaurant afterwards called Scotchies
Read spclkrn's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: Private Cab
Member Image raleprice
May 2016
Our third time, don't miss it. Climb the most picturesque waterfalls!
Read raleprice's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image blue jeanie
Not to be missed.
Read blue jeanie's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image NewtoCruising6
May 2016
This was a party cruise. Our guides took 2 groups, one who climbed the falls and the dryer, smarter group who walked up the steps. On the way back the gave us rum drinks and we all danced.
Read NewtoCruising6's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image Luke Page
Apr 2016
A theme park type experience. Accosted by crude, rude and foul mouthed "traders" as you leave the site. The trip and our experience of the locals as personified by those traders at Dunn River Falls was sufficiently bad to put me off ever wishing to return to Jamaica. A great shame, because our guide from the Port who accompanied us to the Falls and back was an utterly charming and fun Jamaican lady with a fantastic personality. Something needs to be done to sort out those Traders at Dunns River Falls - they are not good ambassadors for Jamaica.
Read Luke Page's full Oriana cruise review
Provider: P&O Cruises
Member Image alysha.klees
reviews
Apr 2016
It wasn't what I expected, but I'll be interested to see the new water garden they are building. The falls were beautiful, the locker rental staff were not thrilled to be there that day. The staff hanging around were friendly enough. I'm not sure what exactly I expected. We climbed the falls about halfway up because we weren't directed towards the bottom when we asked where we should enter. We enjoyed the adventure and that we could say we did it.
Read alysha.klees's full cruise review
Provider:
Member Image Elf40
Jan 2016
Had a great time with our group, the guides were great and very accomodating with taking pictures for us. We didn't buy their dvd as we have been there before but were happy with the pictures that we took.
Read Elf40's full MSC Divina cruise review
Member Image Cruisin72
Jan 2016
Falls themselves were fun. Be warned, I saw a 70 year old do just fine, but if your not very steady, you cold slip and sprain an ankle. If you can clime a ladder, your probably fine. Worst part, was at the end, the gauntlet of vendors to get threw to get out of there. Our tour guide left without 2 people we came with. I hope they made it back to the ship.
Read Cruisin72's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image james doorly
Jan 2016
Nice adventure, spectacular water falls.
Read james doorly's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image tinaedwards19c
Nov 2015
Beauty in these falls. With the guide your able to walk the Dunn's River Falls upwards and experience this once in a life time opportunity..
Read tinaedwards19c's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image mocruzn
Nov 2015
With three cruise ships in port that day, we were sure to have crowds here. But our tour guide did it as the second half of our tour when it might not be as crowded. Our fall climbing guide was very friendly and helpful. Climbing the falls was fun and we never felt rushed. Didn't have to worry about a sunburn as the falls are almost completely shaded.
Read mocruzn's full Island Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image jennywenny
good tour and exciting
Read jennywenny's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image alanjones3
Nov 2015
I had a good time but if you're elderly or not steady on your feet then think twice before attempting this trip
Read alanjones3's full Britannia cruise review
Provider: P&O Cruises
Member Image Brightongal8
Oct 2015
although the falls and the park are beautiful. Having to walk through a village of very aggressive vendors was horrible to say the least. I was near tears by the time we left. Would never go there again. I don't think I ever want to go to Jamaica again.
Read Brightongal8's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image GuessWho66
Oct 2015
Enjoyed every aspect of this excursion. Our guide #34 and video guy Rory, we excellent. Made you feel safe and made sure u made it to the top and had a good time. If you have items that aren't waterproof get a locker. Try and bring a waterproof camera their will be excellent picture opportunities. Getting the video for $40 is worth it to capture the moment.
Read GuessWho66's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Member Image msladybuggg
Aug 2015
Get there and were forced to rent a locker $10 then were given a guide to bring us through the falls while holding hands (a little awkward). The guide would take photos for you with your own camera that was a great.
Read msladybuggg's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review