Ocho Rios Dunn's River Falls Excursion Reviews

Ocho Rios Dunn's River Falls cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Dunn's River Falls offer 600 feet of climbing pleasure for thousands of visitors and locals every year. It is arguably Jamaica's most popular and famous attraction.
Member Image alysha.klees
reviews
Apr 2016
It wasn't what I expected, but I'll be interested to see the new water garden they are building. The falls were beautiful, the locker rental staff were not thrilled to be there that day. The staff hanging around were friendly enough. I'm not sure what exactly I expected. We climbed the falls about halfway up because we weren't directed towards the bottom when we asked where we should enter. We enjoyed the adventure and that we could say we did it.
Read alysha.klees's full cruise review
Provider:
Member Image Elf40
Jan 2016
Had a great time with our group, the guides were great and very accomodating with taking pictures for us. We didn't buy their dvd as we have been there before but were happy with the pictures that we took.
Read Elf40's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image Cruisin72
Jan 2016
Falls themselves were fun. Be warned, I saw a 70 year old do just fine, but if your not very steady, you cold slip and sprain an ankle. If you can clime a ladder, your probably fine. Worst part, was at the end, the gauntlet of vendors to get threw to get out of there. Our tour guide left without 2 people we came with. I hope they made it back to the ship.
Read Cruisin72's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image james doorly
Jan 2016
Nice adventure, spectacular water falls.
Read james doorly's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image mocruzn
Nov 2015
With three cruise ships in port that day, we were sure to have crowds here. But our tour guide did it as the second half of our tour when it might not be as crowded. Our fall climbing guide was very friendly and helpful. Climbing the falls was fun and we never felt rushed. Didn't have to worry about a sunburn as the falls are almost completely shaded.
Read mocruzn's full Island Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image jennywenny
good tour and exciting
Read jennywenny's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image alanjones3
Nov 2015
I had a good time but if you're elderly or not steady on your feet then think twice before attempting this trip
Read alanjones3's full Britannia cruise review
Provider: P&O Cruises
Member Image Brightongal8
Oct 2015
although the falls and the park are beautiful. Having to walk through a village of very aggressive vendors was horrible to say the least. I was near tears by the time we left. Would never go there again. I don't think I ever want to go to Jamaica again.
Read Brightongal8's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image GuessWho66
Oct 2015
Enjoyed every aspect of this excursion. Our guide #34 and video guy Rory, we excellent. Made you feel safe and made sure u made it to the top and had a good time. If you have items that aren't waterproof get a locker. Try and bring a waterproof camera their will be excellent picture opportunities. Getting the video for $40 is worth it to capture the moment.
Read GuessWho66's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Member Image msladybuggg
Aug 2015
Get there and were forced to rent a locker $10 then were given a guide to bring us through the falls while holding hands (a little awkward). The guide would take photos for you with your own camera that was a great.
Read msladybuggg's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image P-3-Cruiser
Aug 2015
Small bus picked us up at pier. Short ride to the falls. We went early so crowds were minimal. Climbed the falls (me, son-in-law, daughter and grand-daughter(6yrs). All falls climbers get a guide. We got "Big Daddy" who was excellent. Everybody physically capable should climb the falls at least once.
Read P-3-Cruiser's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image RElyn
Jul 2015
Must do!!!! Challenging but fun. Need water shoes
Read RElyn's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Member Image mandigo
Jun 2015
we had fun climbing dunn river fall. kids wanted to climb it again, great experience for the family.
Read mandigo's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Member Image t0641mc
May 2015
We were directed immediately to our tour operator on debarktation. We left port with an nice air conditioned van to dunns river falls. Our driver was extremely personable. He told us about Jamaica and gave us tips on what to do and see. Very professional. He dropped us off at margaritaville we had a great time there and it was a short walk back to the ship. Jamaica was the best mon
Read t0641mc's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Provider: Karandas
Member Image Natasha1030
Apr 2015
This climb was not what I was expecting. It was much larger than I originally thought, but the tour guides made it so interesting, fun and kept us all optimistic! We bought a video of the climb and all of us had the best time!
Read Natasha1030's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Member Image lidomiddeck
Apr 2015
met all expectations, our guide was on point to provide a safe journey to the top of the falls with no injuries. this was a fun excursion that provided a new experience.
Read lidomiddeck's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Member Image VeronicaS424
Apr 2015
Dunn's River Falls was beautiful! My husband and I climbed all the way to the top. It was quite challenging because the rocks are pretty slippery but we had a very helpful guide. The only thing that I didn't like about the place was that you had to walk through a bunch of hounding vendors just to get out of the park.
Read VeronicaS424's full Carnival Splendor cruise review
Member Image gingmar
Apr 2015
be there early, be ready to be ask to buy video and tip everyone in a 1 mile radius. The beach at the fall is beautiful, you can take nice picture of the last fall that drop on the beach
Read gingmar's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image mama2003
Apr 2015
The hike itself and the river were lovely E.Hall our guide was very helpful. I had issues. LOL However leaving the falls some vendors were extremely aggressive haggling price with me for things I don't even want or look at.
Read mama2003's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image doglover1212
Apr 2015
Very beautiful and went smoothly. Had a great time and would do this again. Had an amazing tour guide named Tiffani who was informative and very friendly. Good food and a beautiful beach day after the falls. LOVED!
Read doglover1212's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image ngamark
Apr 2015
It's very crowded and a little harder than advertised. Beautiful area and scenery. Guides were very helpful and encouraging. If you don't like holding hands with a stranger, don't do this one..LOL
Read ngamark's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image cjmerta
Apr 2015
3rd time and is always a fun experience. Went with three families. The guides were very helpful. The marketplace afterwards can be trying with the locals bothering you.
Read cjmerta's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image Mandm1998
Apr 2015
AMAZING!!! Well worth every penny! The guides were extremely helpful going up the falls!! They take picture and videos that were well worth the $15!
Read Mandm1998's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image vacationlover1
Mar 2015
After hearing amazing things from everyone who had visited Jamaica, we knew we had to try climbing the falls. I feel like we made a great decision. The falls were beautiful and a once in a lifetime experience. It was also fun to do together with my husband. If you are not able to climb, no worries. You can go to the falls just to observe the beauty of the nature.
Read vacationlover1's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image Jzuniga026
Mar 2015
Even though it was really crowded; what a wonderful experience. I recommend this tour to everyone, specially families with kids, they will have lots of fun. The scenery is spectacular the water refreshing and the climb is not that hard. Take it easy and enjoy the nature of this Jamaica's landmark. Baboo beach club was alright, food is nothing out of this world for us, but the whole package was worth it.
Read Jzuniga026's full Norwegian Epic cruise review