Ocho Rios Dunn's River Falls Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Ocho Rios Shore Excursions > Dunn's River Falls

Dunn's River Falls offer 600 feet of climbing pleasure for thousands of visitors and locals every year. It is arguably Jamaica's most popular and famous attraction.

ingreece

Dunn's River Falls was amazing! Bring water shoes or you'll have to pay $7 to rent them. It was a great experience. Went on a small tour of part of the island. Very poor, lots of desperate people wanting to make a buck. Will do anything for your money including begging, back flips or selling you junk. Bob Marley was around every corner.

marcogilbert

We were a party of 16 so we booked a complete minivan to get to Dunn's River Falls but the taxi prices are fixed to 10$/person (kid or adult) and we were not able to bring this price down even just a little. But we had a lot of fun in the falls and you have to do it at least once in your life.

Nascar21n8

In Jamaica we did Duns River falls cool running’s catamaran was nice and we could leave our stuff on the boat and it was safe that was nice while we climbed the falls. Note to all of you wear glasses you need sport glasses they suggest you do not wear your glasses to climb the falls well that makes it hard to see if you need them. Also if you have a camera it must be waterproof and you need a strap you can get the strap on Amazon. If you just say no thank you and keep walking they leave you alone the vendors

The falls are tough if your older or not in shape there is steps on the side but its 900 feet of climbing and you get wet from head to toe

samstar

1 review

Jamaica was typical Jamaica. Creepy aggressive people. Polite in speak, but relentless. Another tourist near me actually screamed at someone to just shut up. Not really necessary, but I can see why he lost his temper. Climbing the falls was fun, but so crowded. I've done it before and wanted to try to climb without a guide this time. Should have been easy but it was so crowded there was nowhere to go.

tjfamolare

1 review

If you're adventurous, skip the long line of people waiting for a tour guide and climb the falls by yourself. you won't be linked up to anyone so you can see much more of the falls and go at your own pace. plus, you don't have to wait in the endless crowds of people.

corinnalv

1 review

Fantastic once in a life time experience. The water was chilly at first, but so worth it. The guides that took us up this trek were nice and fun. They made us stop and sit in the waterfall. They we all got to slide down a real rock slide. Our group all got to fall into the water backwards. These are things I would never do on my own, but they encouraged us all to do it and I'm so glad they did. It was a lot of fun.

travelinmm

1 review

Falls were awesome; however, getting there was ridiculous. The Jamaican tour group members were not communicating with each other, grabbing cruise guest to put them on the excursion buses (irregardless of whether or not they were traveling w/ another group). The buses did not all have a/c and 1/2 of the time was spent waiting. Once we walked the falls, we had to go through this market gauntlet - constantly harassed for the same stuff. We were then taken to a "private" beach were we were served rum and juice drinks (really bad rum and weak juice) and food (again more waiting for bad food).

If you are interested in Dunns River - get a cab and do it yourself! be prepared to hide your cash as you leave the falls through their market.

pickypete

1 review

Took Kayak adventure to Fall's. About 100 metre paddle. Have seen the Fall's before. Was hoping for Kayaking. Didn't deliver. Jamaica is a sketchy joint with too many beggars and dope dealers

Ottawaclown

1 review

The excursion was Dunn's River Falls with shopping and beach break at Bamboo Beach Club. We started off on a bus ride to Dunn's River Falls with our wonderful tour guides Deandra and Kemone who I believe work with the Bamboo Beach Club. Our guides gave us some directions and information about Jamaica on our way to the falls. Once we got there they organized us and off we went. The falls were amazing and a must see even if you just walk along side of them. My wife completed the walk up even though she was terrified. A good tip when they take through the market after the falls on your way to your bus listen to what your guides tell you and there won't be any problem. I had read a lot of bad reviews about how aggressive they were but I actually didn't find it bad at all. I simply didn't take anything that was offered to me, didn't get into any conversation and tried to avoid eye contact if possible. A couple of time I gave them a firm NO as we were instructed since if you give them a firm NO they will not bother you.
After the falls we were off to do some shopping which was right outside of the port. There is only a few shops which are your typical port shops. Nothing exciting but I didn't care I wanted to get to the beach. The stop was for only 20 minutes which was more then enough and didn't hear any complaints from anyone.
We were then off to Bamboo Beach Club. At first glance not what I was expecting but after a few rum punches and beers everything was good. Things to remember here the put you with your group if you want to wander off let your guides know where you are so they can find you for drinks and food. If you wander off and don't tell them don't complain they didn't server you anything. We received plenty to drink and eat. The Jamaica food was amazing. We then got treated to some dancing by all the tour guides from each groups as well as some authenticate Jamaican style dancing with dancers that are part of the club. As we were leaving we were greeted with another big tray of drinks for the road. This tour was worth every penny. The only thing I can say is the down fall is there are so many people to tip. (Tour guides, bus driver (although I think we were the only ones to tip him), the people helping you up the falls, the guy taking the video tape as you are going up the falls) Tip bring extra money for all the tipping.

Homeagain

1 review

Michelle from Mark Morris tours picked us up at the cruiseport and took us to the River Tubing portion of our tour first. This was a great decision since we were able to get there before the crowds. We enjoyed a leisurely trip down the river with a nice young (19 yrs old) guide. Michelle got our tickets, made sure we got off and then met us at the end. We were able to lock our belongings in her van and just take our waterproof camera with us. After the river tubing, we were off to Dunn's River Falls. Again, Michelle got our entrance tickets and guided us into the park. We decided to go without a guide which was a great decision. We were able to walk past hundreds of people waiting for a guide and go straight to the bottom of the Falls. Michelle watched while we got started then went back to the vehicle. We were able to make our way up the falls without having to wait very often. With the groups, they were waiting at many sections for pictures to be taken. Since it was just the 4 of us we could get our pictures and keep moving. It was a challenging climb - we are all in our mid 50's - but the guys were able to help us out when we needed a boost! After we got to the top we were able to make our way quickly through the vendors without much of a hassle - a simple "no thanks" seemed to go a long way. We stopped for a beer before leaving the park. Michelle met us right at the exit and took us back to the van. At this point we were able to go shopping or for lunch or wherever or whatever we wanted to do. We opted to return to the ship since we are not shoppers. Back at the ship we settled up with Michelle - $65 each plus our tip. A very reasonable price for a great private tour (just the 4 of us). I would highly recommend Mark Morris tours for an excursion in Jamaica.

Jervan2010

1 review

I enjoyed the boat ride to the falls. I did not enjoy the falls so much because our guide insisted upon taking up the middle of the falls away from the wall. I felt that was more dangerous because there was nothing to hold onto but each other.

galian84

We did the Dunn's River Falls and exclusive snorkeling excursion here. The snorkeling was a little cheesy...not what we expected. Don't think we'll be doing it again.

The Falls was most definitely a unique experience. Everyone in the tour group had to hold hands and make the trek up the falls. We got a workout from it and got some nice pictures. Overall, a very fun experience.

The only thing we were wary about were the locals. They can be a bit intimidating and pushy, but then again, that's how they make their money. We wanted to go River Tubing afterward, but since we didn't have any cash on us, we couldn't do a whole lot else. Ended up going back to the cruise ship an hour early.

sixl

1 review

Great time. Pestered to death for tips at every turn.

travelsalot52

walk off the ship got into a taxi with 20 others-was $25 each instead of the 60 the ship wanted

alanschiff

I rarely book excusions from the cruise line, but this was a fair deal and I was really glad I did it. Not only was our local guide wonderful, but one of the cruise staff came along to insure everything went smoothly. Although the cruise agent had a clipboard with tons of info to report back to the cruise line, she also took part in all the activities and was really 'one of us' during the whole experience. It was nice to know that MSC cares so much about the quality of excursions that they send agents along to insure the product delivered is exceptional. Well done.

Provider: MSC Cruises

da_p-potts

1 review

Physically, a bit demanding, but well-worth the money. Highly recommended.

Jarnocan

1 review

I LOVE that we got there VERY early!!!! This place gets crazy but the workers are quite good at supporting you. Sometimes I felt the hand holding made it a bit more difficult but overall can see why it is necessary to keep people on the right track. A man in our group did injure his ankle and have to exit. It is overall a fun place to see and climb once. If you are not fairly coordinated and have good stamina,don't bother. Also if you are not comfortable with crowds and able to be very cooperative skip it.

CruiseFanatic0304

This was a great excursion; if you love adrenaline and high speed boat rides, getting soken wet, along with tropical paradise surroundings then you will love this excursion! These people are great tour guides since they are a couple from America i believe, but they own this excursion which makes this experience more personal from my opinion! I wish we did have mroe time on the boat doing tricks and seeing the beauty, but overall this was a great shore excursion off the boat!

bizfun

1 review

If you plan on doing the Dunn's River Falls, you need to know a few things: 1. It's not for small children and it truly requires physical ability. 2. Even though you pay to actually climb up the falls, when you get there you have the option to just watch others - was a total bummer because we paid a pretty penny to sit and watch others. If you do not plan on climbing and just want to watch people, see if there is a way to pay a lesser fee. 3. BUY/BRING WATER SOCKS/SHOES!! YOU DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS IN SNEAKERS OR SANDALS!

Nikki Lisette

I felt like we were rushed on the Dunn's River Falls tour which in essence may have led to me fracturing my toe on an underwater rock. While the climb up the falls is leisurely and refreshing, the constant drive to "have fun" and "shake your booty" was a little bit over the top. The tour guide and photogs are interested in only one thing: Money! So the quicker you get up the falls and act a fool, the better. They capture all moments on a DVD and hustle you heavily for it at the end of the tour. Holding hands for a rock climb is wrong and dangerous and yet they kept insisting we hold each other's hands, forming a chain of slip, sliding tourists. After the first level, I stopped holding anyone's hands so that I could keep my balance and enjoy myself. Staying in a group was unnecessary as well. The only purpose of the group was so that the photogs knew where to find your video at the end. You can climb the Falls without a group, at your own pace. There were so many groups that the scene was a madhouse on the falls. Anyhow, I slammed my toe into an underwater rock when our tour guide kept insisting that we move quickly up the rocks and into the next photo op area. After leaving the falls midway, I limped to the First Aid station where I was splinted and reminded that Dunn's River takes no responsibility for my injury. No problem mon, not much you can do for a hairline fracture anyway. Anyway, I rested under the trees near the tour guides and photogs while waiting for my group to finish. Interesting the conversations they had. Cruise ship tourists are called Movie Stars. They complained amongst themselves the lack of revenue the Movie Stars were providing that day and joked about charging the "heavies" more to climb the falls because they required more assistance. Whatever. I laughed along with them! When in Rome... right?

NewEngland900

1 review

Not a fan but it may have been because we had a bad guide. I am in shape and typically up for just about anything, but this guide ran us up the waterfalls with little time to enjoy the view and he did not take into consideration the other 20 people in the group. He picked the hardest route up the falls, right up the middle, and we passed other groups along the way! Not too mention, splashing right in the eyes whenever he had the chance trying to get us to 'have fun and laugh' who can laugh when we are all trying to keep from slipping on the rocks? The water was flowing very hard and the current was pushing some people off balance as well. Wear good water shoes and try to get a good guide. Also note; this place has lockers for rent as you do not want to carry anything up the falls, nothing,(one family was not told and paid for everyone to climb while one person got stuck behind watching the valuables and they would not return her money). You will need both hands available to hold onto your partners and you will get soaked along the way.

quercus alba

Pushy vendors... falls are nice, even though I managed to injure myself.

Reldan

1 review

I'm giving this a 4 instead of a 5 simply because I don't like it when tours make an unannounced stop at a shopping area and try to cajole you into buying from a specific shop. Otherwise the operators were very friendly and prompt and the Falls themselves were magnificent. The lunch was served at a local restaurant and was a simple buffet of jerk chicken and pork and rice and still managed to be much better than anything we ate on the ship all week.

Forever Autumn

1 review

we just drove there to drop others off

Provider: MSC Cruises

lgbill

Did the climb. Amazed at how dangerous it seemed to be. Peddlers on way to bus were very aggressive. Just go straight to bus and avoid the tourist trap walkway.

katefur

1 review

Dunn's River Falls is a beautiful place. We did not hike the falls but went to the beach instead. There are about 75-100 steps to get down to the base of the falls and the beach. Although we left bags, etc. in lockers I didn't feel 100% safe leaving our camera, and clothing on a table while we swam. To exit the falls area, you are required to go through a market of locals selling things. This was very unpleasant because the sellers were in your face, putting beads around your neck, saying they are free and then asking for money. Prices were exorbitantly high and the value of items poor. If there was a way not to go through this area, I would certainly recommend doing so.

Provider: Princess Cruises

Mahtomedi

1 review

Great fun to climb the falls. The water was cold, but when climbing it felt good. It was pretty strenuous. The guide we had was pushy, kept trying to go in front of other groups. There is also a natural water slide you can slide, was fun. Also they have you do a backward plunge. There was someone taking a movie of our group which we bought. It was fun to see the movie when we returned. The CD was $40

LLA68

1 review

TOO many people for me to enjoy myself, but Dunns' River Falls is the most popular attraction in Jamaica ... won't have to do it again.

Airbubble

1 review

Was ok, tough going for kids or older people, you need to be reasonably fit to walk them. Pestered at the end and followed by the tour guide to the bus to receive a tip.

Love2Dance4Me!

Cool Runnings Catamaran Sail and Dunn's River Falls climb: This included a catamaran sail to the Dunn's River Falls, a climb of the falls and sail back. I was very apprehensive about climbing the falls but my guide assured me I would be fine" and he made sure he had a hold of my hand every step of the way! It was definitely worth doing! The sail back to the ship had the rum punch flowing freely.

Emilip

1 review

AMAZING everyone should do it.

RovinBee

Our taxi driver informed us we didn't need a pre booking to get into the Falls and it was only $20. per person. He walked us right in and we experienced the Falls in about an hour, not the onboard approximation of 4+ hrs that made us think we'd have to pass it up.

toybiz4u

1 review

The falls were great and really thrilling for the kids and us. Definitely a highlight of this port. If we get back to this port again we will do the falls again for sure. The bus staff was great in that they took us to specific shopping spots and accommodated requests for a jerk chicken stop.

nkslewis

1 review

It wasn't a "tour" but really just pick up/drop off service. We've done Dunn's River Falls before and DH wanted to do it again. The vampire-like vendors at the craft market must be avoided at all costs. They ruined the experience for us.

buffy6037

1 review

Dunns River was amazing. However, we had thought there would be more areas where the children and family who weren't climbing could play in the water while we climbed the falls. This was not the case. You either climbed or you sat on benches next to the falls. Still had a great time, and our tour guide Lopez was great. Main complaint is that it is very confusing figuring out what tour bus to get on at the end of the trip.

Gojirart

1 review

We had originally planned to walk up the falls. As we walked down to the area and saw the amount of water and the distance of the walk, we decided to just enjoy the view instead! The falls is very beautiful. There are steps that follow alongside that are wide and easy to walk, with small viewing and rest areas along the way. There are lockers you can rent if you are planning to walk to falls. You really can't carry a backpack or anything of substance. You WILL get wet. In some areas, the water was at least adult waist high. People had to hold hands as they climbed, so it was difficult to take photos if you were climbing. Don't even think about using a non-waterproof camera! Of course, they had people taking photos and videos the whole time that they were more than happy to sell you. Leaving the park, you must walk through an area of vendors. They are very pushy. If there is anything you might be interested in buying, offer about a third of their asking price and walk away if they don't take it. There will be another vendor more than willing to have your business. When we left, we took a shuttle bus according to our wrist band color and could choose our next stop.

Provider: Princess Cruises

Trixie1965

1 review

Dunn's River was fun, but the crafters were annoying!!! If the Jamaicans just let us browse, we would shop and buy things.... We had so many warnings about Jamaica. I will never return.

mttenn

1 review

very commercialised, v busy, had booked the bobsled in the pm but it was closed due to voting day, if p@o had told us , we could have done the bobsleigh in the am and the falls in the pm!!! shops nr the port were tacky, and the people 'in your face'. hated it!

Provider: P&O Cruises

megan}i{

NurseLovesVacation

1 review

Ocho Rios We loved it here. We were in a group of 6 in our late 20s and loved the feel of this place. Yes, everybody bugs you to buy their junk. Yes, they all openly offer you weed. We found it hilarious. We got off the ship, and hired a guide to drive us around for $15 each. He took us all around the city for about 3 hrs and had a great time. We went to the Dunn's River Falls (MUST do AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE-we were probably the first 30 or so people in this place and walked the falls basically alone. By the time we were done there were thousand of people doing the walk and that would have been terrible). The falls was just amazing! We also went to a lookout point looking over the bay, and then shopping in a remote outdoor market up on the hill and away from the HUGE market down below in the tourist zone. Then the driver took us to the Jerk chicken center-yum! Overall we had a great day in Jamaica. Definitely has a third world feel, but it felt very authentic.

kamomilt

We climbed the falls, and it was amazing!!! It was difficult, but with the great help of the Falls guides, we made it up the entire falls. This was a once in a lifetime kind of day!

GoonPlatoon

1 review

Real nice. TIP: Buy a cheap water proof camera! You will love the results. Don't forget water shoes, or they will make you but a pair right before. $10 or so, I think renting a pair was an option, but avoid that hassle.

JoAnn&Mike

My husband is 64 and I am 60 and we made it up the Dunn's River Falls!!! Now we came home with a few reminders of our climb...lol. Scrapes, bruises, one small cut, and sore the next day... Lol. We had a blast!!!! Took us a little over an hour but we did it!!! They should give you a little button to wear...something like. "I DID IT!!" If you've not climbed the falls I strongly suggest you at least try!! There are many "exits" along the way. You can get out at any time you feel you can't continue or just don't want to continue. Now the only thing I actually wished we had as we climbed was a guide. Mark Morris will take you to the falls and your tour $ includes the cost of the falls...but not with a guide. Having a guide to tell you the best rocks to step on, or if its better to go to the left or right side would have made it a little easier. But, not having one, we can actually say .... We climbed the falls!!! It was a lot of fun!!

charmyworld

1 review

The excursion was in the afternoon (we docked at 2 p.m.) and we reached the beach when the sun was already down. We enojoyed the falls although it was quite a "strong" experience, but we recommend to do this excursion only if you have all day and not only one afternoon!

old bert

1 review

We never got to the falls! After being told by a ticket "tout" at the ship that entrance to the falls was included in the $20 fee, the bus crew said it was not (the falls are about 2 kms from the ship) Following a major scene, most had their money refunded. We opted to stay with the bus which after negociation took us on a tour of Ocho Rios area instead, including a beach stop. The port itself was the worst we have ever seen, it turned out that it was a bauxite-loading pier. The corrugated metal sheeting which formed the abandoned buildings waved gently in the breeze! In the run-down and dirty town we were constantly accosted by beggars, drug sellers and street vendors.

Crew News

The port appeared to be a very dilapidated warehouse. Very aggressive vendors at Dunn's Falls that cannot be avoided as all visitors must funnel through their area.

Provider: Holland America Line

Thoc123

1 review

We didnt book this through the ship because we didnt think we would have time to do it with our other excursions. Once we were finished with the Mystic Mountain excursion, we paid $10 p/person and was taken by bus to Dunn's River Falss (which was literally around a corner and we could have walked, but it was very hot)The extrance fee was $20 p/p. the waterfalls were very pretty and they ran onto the beach which was unique for us. You have to watch out for the locals though. They attached themselves to you as soon asyou walked through the gates and they expected a tip for anything. I went to the ladies room and when I walked out, there was a lady sitting in a chair probably about 30 feet away and she said "my tip jar is over here" I asked her what I was supposed to tip her for and she said "I'm the bathroom attendant". I laughed and informed her that maybe she should attend to the bathroom then because someone had vomitted in it and there was no toilet paper in most of the stalls.Beware of the "free beads for your beautiful wife" they are NOT FREE! and when you exit the park, you have to walk through the "craft village" which is a bunch of huts with very aggressive people attempting to get your attention so you can buy their wares. The waterfalls are worth it though, just practice saying "no thank you" about 1000 times.

CruzRelaxer

1 review

Way too crowded for such a dangerous activity. If one person fell, there would be an avalanche of people falling. And falling in this activity means broken bones. There are too many people trying to hawk you their goods upon exit.

MrChocoholic

Everything we expected and more, especially the price of the DVDs we bought from the tour operators to back up our own photos and video. Nevertheless, most of the passengers unfamiliar with Jamaica were warned about the aggressive salespeople everywhere, especially at the end of the Dunn's River Falls climb, and appreciated Carnival for being honest. Guide Wilana was knowledgeable and sweet to my kid. Made the Falls climb from bottom to top, only fell twice (not far) and was grateful there were sufficient tour guides around to catch me.

radtechmom

Our combination tour began with boarding a bus with our guide, Camille and bus driver Joe. The bus ride from Falmouth to the falls was almost an hour. But Camille made the ride fun and enjoyable. We have been to the falls before and know that it can be difficult for people as it can be a bit strenuous. Don't forget your water shoes! They try to sell you an expensive dvd with pictures they take as you climb or a video - but they ask 40.00- which is a bit much. Take your own water camera - much cheaper!

love the sea1

1 review

Decided on Dunn Falls. Hired a private taxi that cost us $10 each and $20 for the Falls. Had a great time, although it is obvious the Falls have been 'man' enhanced. As for the shopping in Ocho Rios, not very good. You can get it done in an hour. Nothing unusual, just the typical tourist merchandise. And yes, you will be offered 'pot' on the street.

1st_anniversary

1 review

Great experience. Guides are great and the water is refreshing. Don't be afraid of the fact that its a little physical - its very doable for all activity levels. Bring your own water shoes or come prepared to buy. Be very weary of the vendors outside the falls - they are very aggressive!

LadyLion_AP

Ocho Rios...It is true what they say...you will be harassed by the natives, but this did not stop us from having fun. We learned to say, "No thanks Man!" We booked "Dunn's River Falls and the Dolphin Cove". Climbing the falls was so much fun. It seemed never-ending in the moment, but ended up being a blast! The Dolphin Cove wasn't that great, as the show was somewhat boring. I'd suggest booking another excursion which includes the falls. Some people swam with the dolphins. That looked like more fun.

Caitinmountain

We were met at Margaritaville by our driver and taken to Dunns River Falls. We bought cheap water shoes and they really came in handy on this excursion! We left all our bags on the mini-bus and they were safe because the driver locked the van, so we did not have to buy a locker for our stuff. They do take pictures that you can buy at the exit area, shops are also on the way towards the exit--some vendors are very persistent. Be brave and tell them NO.

Joyful100

I thought this was a great way to see and find out a bit about Jamaica. We first went to Dunn River Falls where the adventurous climbed the 600 ft falls, while the less adventurous took pictures and sat on the beach. We were shown some local points of interest and taken to a beautiful botantical garden. We ended the tour with an opportunity to shop for some souvenirs.

Aloha Girl 1

1 review

A once in a lifetime experience! Only downside was the tour guide taking us up the water fall who basically bullied us into tipping him--we were already going to tip him but he was just rude!

coppicekids

1 review

This was manic and I had never seen or expected to see so many people in one place claibing a waterfall. Our guide was great and really looked after us as at some points I did not think I would get the children up it but it was a great experience.

cookie_cutie

1 review

If you've never climbed a water fall - it was so cool! Bring good water shoes or you can rent or buy them on site (not sure on cost). it will cost you 5 bucks for a locker (8 up front)

cjlgd9603

Okay. Beautiful! Crazy climbing the falls! I am very atheltic and fit and I bit the dust once. It was the most amazing family event we have done. This is the TO DO if your port is Ocho Rios

tappyZ

This was a very good excursion. I am not normally the excursion with the ship type person but in Jamaica - yes, I am. We met our guide at the end of the long pier and she took us to the bus introduced herself and we were off. Told us many facts about the town and island. Angelica was great. Took care of us the whole day, went to the falls where Peter and Maurice were our guides. Maurice carried my camera and took some great shots for us. Very crowded and water was freezing but fun! (lockers are available for small fee and you really don't want to carry anything!!) Commercialized too much but a must do. Angelica was waiting on our exit of the falls and we went back to the bus where (walked thru the shopping village which she got us thru very quickly - pushy vendors) we rode thru town and then to a private beach for unlimited food and rum punch/red stripe beer..Red Stripe is my new favorite. The beach wasn't as beautiful as I had hoped and there were no lounge chairs, just sitting chairs. But, Angelica served us all the food/drink we could have wanted without ever having to get up at all. Music/entertainment was so,so... We had about 1 hour at the falls and about 3.5 hours at the beach. We were dropped off back at the port and there were a few vendors set up right there to grab t-shirts, etc.. without having to walk back into town...Also, a bar for one more Red Stripe! Recommend!!

SPFisnew2cruising

1 review

Once in a life time kind of excursion for us. It was something we have never done and we all enjoyed it. Our Falls guide, Phillip was awesome. He made sure everyone was safe. However my complaint is that the little shacks that you have to walk through in order to get to the parking lot.. be prepared to spend money. NOTHING IS FREE, however they make it seem like they are being nice and offering you a gift. They are good scammers!

gearshift

We were very happy with this due to the fact that my wife and i were the only ones on this tour climbing the falls. We had our own personal guide. We saw the crows from the princess excursion holding hands trying to get up the falls. They must have had a line of 80 people!

afpugh

We climbed the falls with help from a wonderful guide! Would recommend this tour.We were tendered in at this port, never our favourite to get ashore

tfmd

1 review

Dunn's fall was merely OK. I expected this long exciting waterfall with a big drop. Actually it was steep in some spots but overall nothing much to it.

tjbear010

1 review

MONEY WELL SPENT. THE FALLS WERE ALOT OF FUN AND SEEMED TO BE ENDLESS.

PGHenry

1 review

Cool Running's catamaran and falls tour. The cat was a great way to get there. it would be nice if they did not hound you to buy their pictures and their "cool runnings" clothes, but a good time. The falls were crowded, but still a good time.

DeliaPug

This excursion was very misleading. I was under the impression that you go on a hike, see the falls, then came back. You actually are required to join a human chain and hike up the waterfall. We did not feel that this was safe. We were also forced to spend $8 on a locker to hold our things so that they wouldn't get drenched. We did not have the right shoes and I almost didn't bring a swimming suit because the description was so hazy. We opted not to go on the hike and we had to wait for two hours for the rest of our group to complete the hike.

golfingfool

Great experience except for the EXIT where you are hawked and harrassed by all the vendors.

hannah_cruise

1 review

There were about 300 people trying to climb Dunn's Falls at the same time which was disappointing. Very crowded and actually a mostly man-made water fall so the experience was not as interesting as I thought. The people in Jamaica were VERY pushy trying to get us to buy souvenirs, etc. A lot of passengers complained about how uncomfortable it was.

Mr and Mrs C

Our group agreed this was the best port of all! At first we were going to stay on the boat after reading many scary reviews, but then we found Mark Morris tours and after reading several great reviews on CC we booked him. He was great in answering questions about the tour, and I would recommended him fully. We got in a newer styled van with his assistant and went to Dunn's River Falls. Mark was there with another group, and helped get us all organized once we got there. Yes the falls were extremly busy, but soooo worth it. I would go back and do it again if I could! After the falls we drove up Fern Gully, that was an amazing trip up the mountain, very beautiful. We then went shopping in a strip mall type of place, and shopping was enjoyable, not pushy at all. Apparently the market was very pushy. Last stop was jerk chicken for lunch, it was very good, not sure the kitchen would pass health inspections, but we lived to tell the tale!

Redcab

1 review

Our guide asked us if we wanted to go up the easy way or the hard way. We took the hard way which wasn't really that hard (kids and middle age parents) and had a great wet time!

Redcab

1 review

A lot of fun! Just remember to bring money for tips... you will be hit up many times...