Freeport The Garden of the Groves Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Freeport Shore Excursions > The Garden of the Groves

Featuring lush flowering gardens brimming with orchids, ferns, duck ponds and waterfalls, Freeport’s Garden of the Groves is a natural 12-acre playground.

Oma55

1 review

Garden of the Groves was beautiful and we had a knowledgable tour guide. Only problem was we did not stay very long to have a good look around.

Provider: Independent Operator

travelingryan

1 review

Tour guide was very detailed and the garden was really nice. Tour lasted a total of 5 hours including transportation and the shopping stop. If I were to go again though I think I'd choose something more adventurous like the caves or snorkeling.

Provider: Celebration Cruise Line

Annasgramma

1 review

The Garden was very lovely with lots of native plants and animals to see. The weather was very hot that day, though, and so the tour wasn't as enjoyable to us as it would have been had it been cooler.

Our tour guide, Kevin, was very knowledgeable and the trip around the island was enjoyable on the air conditioned bus.

After the tour, we went shopping for a short time at Port Lucaya. I picked up a fresh water pearl necklace and bracelet in one of the shops.

The stay in Freeport was very short, only a few hours, which was adequate, as there isn't much in Freeport to keep one occupied for an extended amount of time.

Provider: Independent Operator

exploretheworldnow

It was not worth the money or time that it took to take it! The bus driver was very nice and friendly and pointed out all the places as we went along the road -- from the shut down places to gas stations! When we arrived at the Garden we had a tour guide and she didn't stop talking as she went around the garden -- we could have very easily done the garden tour on our own in a much shorter time than the 45 minutes that we took with the guide. We then had just over an hour to wander around the garden on our own. The next stop was a shopping place that we had over an hour to visit. Way too much time was spent ambling about doing nothing, especially when the weather is cold outside!

Provider: Carnival Cruise Lines

dalgirl

DH was diving so I needed something to do on my own. I enjoyed Garden of the Groves - it is a lovely garden, not too large. Our guide was Marilyn, a delightful woman, very proud of the garden and she should be, it was beautiful. My only complaint was the "shopping" afterwards. Now I love to shop, but an hour at Port Lucayane was not fun - it was hot, same old stuff you see all over the Bahamas, etc. I would have prefered to return to ship.

Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line

sexylady

1 review

This is a peaceful tour. The Gardens are romantic and serene. If you are looking for a relaxing excursion this is for you

Provider: Carnival Cruise Lines

shelly11

It was a nice bus tour of Freeport heading to the gardens. The tour guide at the gardens was great and then we had time to explore on our own. The bus takes you back to the straw market and then to the ship.

Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line