Ketchikan Wilderness Tour & Crab Feast Excursion Reviews

Ketchikan Wilderness Tour & Crab Feast cruise excursion
Overall Rating
This is a perfect option for fans of TV’s “Deadliest Catch” -- get your hands wet pulling up crab pots from waters surrounding Ketchikan’s coastline followed by a fresh Dungeness Crab feast!
Member Image Carollee71
Sep 2015
Great scenery and the meal was great! Tour guides very friendly! (Asti was very funny!)
Read Carollee71's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image FormerDon
Aug 2015
45 mins on a bus each way, to jump on a boat for a 30 min trip to see the crew pull up a crab pot, show a crab, drop it back in the ocean and then to the lodge for a (so called) all you can eat crab feast. You are given 30 mins to eat all you can (along with one drink for free) then you are hustled back to the boat for the return trip back to the ship. Not worth it! Stay in town and eat crab there... avoid the bus and uneventful boat ride.
Read FormerDon's full Zaandam cruise review
Member Image Nautical Nellie
Jul 2015
Our only complaint was regarding the PA system on the boat. A nice fella was giving us his memorized speech of the areas we were passing, but no one could hear him over the roar of the engines. The crab feast however was great fun and the best crab ever!
Read Nautical Nellie's full Golden Princess cruise review
Member Image drsparky53
Jul 2015
Absolutely wonderful. Not just a "look at the scenery" but very much an educational experience about crabs. Also experience up close bald eagles. Crab was to die for. Wonderful.....
Read drsparky53's full Celebrity Solstice cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image flaed
Jul 2015
Best meal I ever had! Great trip into wilderness.
Read flaed's full Oosterdam cruise review
Member Image wbusher
very nice tour
Read wbusher's full Grand Princess cruise review
Member Image bemartCruiser
Jul 2015
Mentioned that a boat showed us Eagle nests & Eagles. Then, pulled up crab pot and told us about the different crabs. Everyone got to hold a crab.
Read bemartCruiser's full Radiance of the Seas cruise review
Member Image skwhit
Jul 2015
the crabs were delicious! the outing was so so. Good bald eagle viewing.
Read skwhit's full Seven Seas Navigator cruise review
Member Image Cynthiaschaefer
Jul 2015
Group tour. We ate crab before we went on the boat tour. The only thing I would have changed is to tour first and eat crab last.
Read Cynthiaschaefer's full Seven Seas Navigator cruise review
Member Image Russo2boys@yahoo.com
Jun 2015
Awesome excursion and we would do it again! We went on a beautiful boat ride and lifted some crab pots. The guide was humorous and knowledgeable. They call the bald eagles to the boat so you can get a close up look at them. We saw a buck swimming across the river as well. Beautiful scenery. The crab feast was unbelievable. You can eat all you want and they are not slow to keep it coming. They walk around with big bowls of hot crab and let you have as much as you want. They also bring hot butter constantly. The girls who serve you are funny and excellent at their job. I would highly recommend this excursion!
Read Russo2boys@yahoo.com's full Radiance of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Jukaan
Jun 2015
The people were so helpful and friendly. The food was so fresh and delicious.
Read Jukaan's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image irisarbor
Jun 2015
This was a cruise on a small ship- The guide who was so cute pulled up crab pots, we got to hold the crabs, she fed bald eagles, which we got to take many pictures of. Then back to the lodge for the feast- they show you an easy method to eat the Dungeness crab which is delish! Don't worry about trying to win the crab tower contest, just eat!
Read irisarbor's full Grand Princess cruise review
Member Image k4mcpher
Jun 2015
Crab was good, restaraunt was super tacky. Wildlife tour was fairly boring, but the inlet is very beautiful.
Read k4mcpher's full Coral Princess cruise review
Member Image swingking
Jun 2015
Boat tour was fun. Focused mostly on how crab is caught and history of the area. The crab feast was amazing; all you can eat Dungeness crab!
Read swingking's full Radiance of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Pat1961
Jun 2015
Delicious food and great tour. We learned all about crabs and salmon. Saw bald eagles who flew down from their nests when the crew called them. The staff was very friendly.
Read Pat1961's full Seven Seas Navigator cruise review
Member Image TowMow
Jun 2015
Great time, ate 2.5 Dungeness crabs Austie and Captain Ron were great hosts, they called in 2 eagles for extreme closeup pictures as they retrieved herring thrown into water
Read TowMow's full Seven Seas Navigator cruise review
Member Image mya603
May 2015
Ahh, the rainforest was gorgeous. The guide was knowledgeable. I could have spent more time in there walking around. It was beautiful. And the animals, the eagles and owl were wonderful to see at the sanctuary. I'm glad to see people taking care of the injured ones. The totem carver was great. As was the blacksmith. The crab legs? Well, let's just say I ate my share! They were delicious! So huge! Wonderful flavor. Nice place there. I would love to return some day!
Read mya603's full Grand Princess cruise review
Member Image PIGSKIN
May 2015
This was great. They pulled up a couple crab pots. They also threw out some little fish and the Eagles came down for them. Went back to lodge and had all you can eat crab.
Read PIGSKIN's full Celebrity Solstice cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image Uk Wrinkly
May 2015
Wow, wow, wow. If you like crab, this a must not miss opportunity. Looking at the wild life was one thing, but experiencing that feast was one of the most memorable moments of the whole 10 day cruise.
Read Uk Wrinkly's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Member Image tessantoti
May 2015
Everything was great. My only complaint is the crab feast could have used more food. Particularly crab! They we're a little stingy with the food. I also think the quality of the meal did not stack up to the description provided by NCL.
Read tessantoti's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image vanman02
May 2015
The description in the HAL catalog was a little misleading. We didn't see any wildlife nor was wildlife mentioned in the 30 minute bus ride or the short float plane ride back to the ship. The lodge and crab feast was excellent. As much crab as you could eat and all drinks were included. I wouldn't do this next time. Save your money and do your crab dinner and float plane ride when you get back to Seattle.
Read vanman02's full Westerdam cruise review
Member Image gecoffie
Jul 2014
This was a nice excursion it was really low key. We got to see a crab trap pulled and handle a crab. Then we returned from the boat to a drab feast where tables competed to see who could get the tallest pile of crab shelbs when we were done.
Read gecoffie's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image TheDaringLibrarian
Jul 2014
Ketchikan Excursion: Wilderness Exploration Cruise & Crab Feast - Island Princess Excursion $149pp What we read versus what we got with added rain & an aborted bus trip home did NOT dim the AWESOME time we had here! From the Princess website: "Upon arriving at the lodge, you'll board an enclosed tour boat and cruise the George Inlet waterway (then)... you'll return to the George Inlet Lodge for a not-to-be-missed meal." First up, let me say again we did LOVE this excursion - EXCEPT for the fact that we had to eat the crab at 8:30 in the morning. But hey, we're from Maryland - we can eat crab ANYTIME! When we booked the excursion, it did say a boat trip followed with a crab feast....when we got the actual excursion ticket & it said crab first, I don't think we really believed it (I know, silly right?) I guess we could have cancelled it on Embarkation day - but we didn't. I guess we shouldn't have had breakfast that day, either! DUH! I think the Princess marketing materials should say this more clearly. I also think that for the early shift, the George Inlet folks could offer a more brunchy starter than a green salad with an Asian ginger sesame dressing. Maybe a fresh fruit parfait or a smoked salmon platter on the table to share with bagels, chopped eggs, capers, & onion? Or how about a cheesy bacon quiche? Maybe offer a Mimosa to purchase instead of Wine or Beer along with sodas and iced tea? Keep the cheesecake (no one ate it that I saw!) we were all stuffed with the amazingly succulent wonderfully fresh delicious Dungeness crab. Mmmmmmm Really. Quite. Amazing. So yeah, timing aside the crab feast was delicious and the super cute Austie who lead the feast was lots of fun, high energy, & and very entertaining. The Wilderness Exploration Cruise part was AMAZEBALLS! Our cruise tour young naturalist Kiki was super smart and engaging while Capt. Gil the Eagle Whisperer delivered a once in a lifetime Bald Eagle fetch experience! We saw an eagle perched on a branch on the shoreline - Capt. Gil stopped the boat, produced a raw fish, & held it in the air as he whistled and called for "Lucy" and sure enough - that huge bald eagle flew towards the boat, circled it, and as he threw the fish in the water she plunged just feet in front of us & grabbed that fish! WOW!!!!!! I got pictures, I just wish I had gotten a video of this - it was magical!
Read TheDaringLibrarian's full Island Princess cruise review
Member Image danni_in_pdx
Jul 2014

We grew up with a crabbing boat and we thought we were going whale-watching, which was ALL my fault, so it was a little bummed, but we saw bald eagles and seals and of course, dungeness crabs. The crab feast was delicous... but this was EIGHT AM. We had to have a beer and try to imagine it was dinnertime. Crab was as good as any I've had anywhere, and like I said, I grew up pulled up crabpots and eating it on the beach with a crab pot, so I've had a lot of excellent crab. They did a great job.

Read danni_in_pdx's full Golden Princess cruise review
Member Image tasdiwine
Jun 2014

we took a float plane to the crabfest,loved it,private all you can eat crab fest

Read tasdiwine's full Seven Seas Navigator cruise review