Freeport Bottom Fishing Excursion Reviews

Freeport Bottom Fishing cruise excursion
Overall Rating
For excellent sport fishing of snapper, triggerfish and many more, go bottom fishing in the turquoise waters of Bahamas’ Freeport.
Member Image Johnine
Aug 2015
What a fun time! The gentlemen on the boat were informative and fun. We caught a lot of fish- granted mostly grunts and stuff, but we also caught a baracuda, a few grouper and so on. They donated the fish to a "charity" of theirs to feed others.
Read Johnine's full Carnival Fascination cruise review
Jun 2015
I didn't like the fact they had no free water or even water to purchase on the fishing boat. That should be a must have for safety reasons if nothing else. They offered us all one opportunity to buy water and snacks before we left the pier. It seemed kind of weird to me. The fishing itself was fun didn't catch much but it was relaxing for me. Probably will not do this excursion again. Next time I'l do the catameran snokeling trip.
Read DOCTOR CRUZE's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Member Image PDsandman01
Sep 2012
Freeport is an industrial port town adapted to cruise passengers. We purchased the "Bottom Fishing in Freeport" excursion and enjoyed it very much. It was well worth the money. Everyone of the 12 guests caught at least one fish...all donated to locals. It was a great way to spend our time in Freeport. There is not much to see in Freeport unless you book and excursion or use a taxi to take you around. Even on our bus ride to the fishing boat, we didn't encounter very much as it seemed to be a "regular" town with shopping centers and a few fast food places. It didn't seem like a tourist sort of place.
Read PDsandman01's full Carnival Ecstasy cruise review
Member Image HRKCMK
Jul 2012
My husband took this excursion. He said he had a good time. I stayed on ship. I heard Freeport was nothing to look at. The only negative he had was that there was a lot of screwing around before they actually got out to sea. He said he had to wait quite a while for them to get it together.
Read HRKCMK's full Carnival Ecstasy cruise review
Member Image jaugusti1950
May 2012
We had the perfect day - not too hot and a bit overcast, so the sun wasn't beating down on us. The fishing expedition was so much fun! We all caught at least one fish (small ones, unfortunately, but fun just the same). The Captain and Crew were great and very patient with those of us who had never done this before. It was just a great day out on the water (covered boat, so didn't have to worry about sprinkles/rain). We would definitely recommend this excursion.
Read jaugusti1950's full Carnival Glory cruise review