Port Canaveral (Orlando) Universal Studios / Islands of Adventure Excursion Reviews

Port Canaveral (Orlando) Universal Studios / Islands of Adventure cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies at Universal Studios in Florida -- the world’s premier movie and TV based theme park, about an hour drive from Port Canaveral.
Member Image fishgod
Aug 2016
Great time at Universal. Get the express pass, definitely worth it.
Read fishgod's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image 2NattyFans
Apr 2016
It was about what I expected. A bus takes you to Universal and they give you you're ticket to get in. I think we had about 6 hours in the park which was more than enough for Universal. The bus ride takes about an hour.
Read 2NattyFans's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image 224kimbo
Aug 2015
I booked the transfer only through Norwegian. It was cheaper to get the tickets on my own. In order to ride The Hogwarts Express, I had to get the two park option. I upgraded to the unlimited express pass, but this was a waste of money. I should have just gotten the regular express pass. We arrived at Universal a little after 2:00. We had to be back to the bus by 8:00. We had a blast!! The only reason why I rated this excursion average is because we did not have a lot of time in the park.
Read 224kimbo's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image EEagle
Aug 2015
With the travel time involved we barely got to do The Harry Potter Theme Rides. Had no time to eat but for some Ice Cream and had to wait until we got back to the ship.
Read EEagle's full Grandeur of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Emmie79
Jun 2015
The park was impressive but we did not really have the time necessary to really see everything we perhaps would have liked to.
Read Emmie79's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Provider: Universal Studios directly
Member Image midnite48
Jun 2015
bus ride was about 45 min there.. on time.. we went on a wednesday in june and there were no lines. Harry potter was great.. bus ride back a little longer.. commute time and rain..
Read midnite48's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image nytefyter
Apr 2015
It didn't seem like the time allowed for the excursion was going to be enough, but it really was and the hour bus ride back to the ship gave us time to relax and nap before we were back in our floating vacation villa.
Read nytefyter's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image cruiseswithwife
Apr 2015
price of bus trip way too expensive. Less than 5 hours is not nearly enough time at the park. Bus trip was way too expensive
Read cruiseswithwife's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image dorothygaye
Apr 2015
The bus ride was quite pleasant and the bus clean and roomy. I had booked a ride to Disney by mistake and at the bus boarding the Quantum staff person and bus line employee that helped me couldnot have been nicer to make my change smooth. Universal not worth the hugh expense of admission and fast pass for a limited amount of time alloted.Next time someone complains about the crowds in NYC I will tell them to go to Universal Studios
Read dorothygaye's full Quantum of the Seas cruise review
Member Image cjm61
Mar 2015
Excellent fun! Well worth the money. We rode roller coasters and enjoyed the Harry Potter experience. Our first Butterbeer! Delicious! Perfect weather and although considered spring break time, lines moved fairly well and wait times were below what were advertised.
Read cjm61's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image chrissy128
Mar 2015

Universal was the only thing I got to enjoy. We had to buy an express pass to get on most rides in both parks which was expensive but since it was the one excursion I got to do I enjoyed it very much. It was really expensive and really busy.

Read chrissy128's full Quantum of the Seas cruise review
Member Image DeepThinker
Mar 2015

Tour operator was a bit disorganized so we arrived at Universal 30 mins late. Universal was good for a one time visit, can't imagine the need to go back there. It wasn't busy so we were able to do some rides 4 times.

Read DeepThinker's full Quantum of the Seas cruise review
Member Image caligirlnyc
Nov 2014

If you book this tour through the ship, make sure you are going to the right park. If you want to go to the new Harry Potter World, it is NOT AT ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE. My two friends, and I bought tickets to that park (the cruise staff told us it was at IA), and we were informed, after being in the park half an hour, that we were on the wrong side. It is at Universal Studios. Luckily, guest services switched our tickets, but not after we had wasted a little bit of time, and you know you don't have a lot of time there. Overall, the rides are a blast, and you can see most of the park in that small amount of time. Tip: TRY A FROZEN BUTTERBEER! WOW! We had a lot of fun. The bus ride is an hour each way, but it goes fast. A bit pricey, but worth it if you haven't been there yet.

Read caligirlnyc's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image CTcruiser57
Apr 2014

Universal Studios by itself is great, however as an excursion, you don't really get a lot of time there. We were supposed to get into port at noon, but bad weather forced us to be an hour late. It's was an hour drive each way to the park. We got to the park at around 2:30 pm and had to be back at our bus by 8 pm. Before booking this excursion, it is a good idea to check what time the park closes, which may even give you less time to enjoy your excursion. An alternative to this excursion is to just buy the transfer, and buy your tickets online which may be cheaper.

Read CTcruiser57's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image Pride314
Mar 2014

Universal Studios is great and I'd go there again. Having a Carnival bus take us there and back was very convenient. The only downside was the extremely high cost of this excursion.

Read Pride314's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image Arnel
Not Rated
Mar 2014

Just booked the transportation to and from. Efficient, timely. No issues.

Read Arnel's full Grandeur of the Seas cruise review
Member Image IDoSpas
Feb 2014

It was nice having transportation to and from the port, but wow was it expensive. We had plenty of time for our excursion to Island of Adventure. We actually was ready to leave about one hour before the end time so we walked back to the bus stop and thank goodness they had an early bus waiting. We slept all the way back to the port, about an hour drive. I really wish Port Canaveral offered more excursions. If you want to go to see Harry Potter village I would suggest going first thing when you get there. Make a be line and don't stop, we did and got right in. But when we bent back a few hours later the wait line was about 2 hours. We went on all of the rides, not many offered about 3 or 4. We eat at Broom Sticks, VERY GOOD. expensive but good. We got the big meal for 4 people. It came with a big salad, 4 big pieces of chicken, 4 ribs, 4 corn on the cobs, a bunch of yummy potatoes and grilled vegetables. I had 3 big teens with me and they eat a lot and we still left a bit on our plats so it's worth it. We also got the butter beer later on that day when it was getting hot and that was very good, expensive but good.

Read IDoSpas's full Carnival Splendor cruise review
Member Image sconn1
Not Rated
Feb 2014

offseason. about an hour ride either way ,,, pretty str8 shot. was able to do most all of the park in the time allotted. This trip guarantees the boat wont leave without you which for us, that made the few extra bucks more than worth it.

Read sconn1's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image dawalker05
Jan 2014

Great Excursion with little problems. Because it was off season this was a great choice.

Read dawalker05's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image ficmuse
Aug 2013

Comfortable coach bus. We had enough time to explore one park very well or a smattering of both parks. Harry Potter was a highlight!

Read ficmuse's full Grandeur of the Seas cruise review
Member Image DSJ6377
Mar 2013
Everything was great!
Read DSJ6377's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image Clovisina
Feb 2013
Went to see Harry Potter World - it was great, a must-see if you are a fan. Dr. Seuss Land was really cute, even for adults. A great excursion.
Read Clovisina's full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Member Image Rogueperson
Dec 2012
This was a great time, however, despite me giving a 5+ review, I would not recommend this or any theme park excursion for this port. It is expensive because of the distance between the port and the park and you are very limited in time. The ONLY way you can do everything, is if the park is practically dead. That happened for me in December on a Wednesday, but I think I was lucky due to the possibility of inclement weather. The excursion itself, is great, but you're hamstrung with the limitations of your visit.
Read Rogueperson's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image codyash1996
Dec 2012
Took a bus up to Islands of Adventure. We were there on a Tuesday, so the park was really quiet. We were able to walk right onto all of the rides. Longest wait was 5 minutes. Definately worth the ride up, we had plenty of time to explore the whole park.
Read codyash1996's full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Member Image tne1106
Nov 2012
Great bus company/ tour guide. They were fast and efficient, gave us contact info and schedules of departure. Made great time to the park. Bus Driver was funny and informative. The park was not crowded, was able to ride all features we wanted to in the time available with no issues. Park is very well maintained and we loved butter-beer :)
Read tne1106's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review