Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Nassau Sea Lion Encounter Excursion Reviews

Nassau Sea Lion Encounter cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Prepare yourself for a once in a lifetime opportunity as you interact with sea lions in a protected lagoon in Nassau. You may even receive a kiss from these lovable animals!
Member Image lilangel247365
Mar 2015
We LOVED the sea lions!!!! They are awesome. This was my favorite part of the cruise. This is a must do once in a lifetime chance to be up close to these beautiful animals. I promise that you will not regret it... well worth the money!!!
Read lilangel247365's full Quantum of the Seas cruise review
Member Image tightend88
Mar 2015
My wife participated in the sea lion experience with a friend and two of us went along as observers. A boat ride of about 1/2 hour was very relaxing and fun. The excursion was fantastic, a good value for the money and they got to spend around 30-45 minutes with the sea lions. My wife was impressed and still talks about it
Read tightend88's full Grandeur of the Seas cruise review
Member Image 262Runner
Mar 2015

We spent the day on Blue Lagoon Island with a Sea Lion Adventure. I went in with minimal expectations thinking we would pet the sea lions and get a few photos. This excursion more than exceeded expectations as there was time interacting with these cute mammals, watching them do tricks and, of course, there were plenty of pictures. The value I felt was the extra time allowed on Blue Lagoon Island as the time with the sea lions was about an hour. The cruise tour noted 4 hours but the boat that goes to and from port arrived on the hour so we were about to spend a couple of extra hours on the beach with some rum drinks and the boat ride to and from the island was very relaxing.

Read 262Runner's full Celebrity Constellation cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image DaySleeper4Me
Feb 2015

The sea lion encounter was the highlight of our trip. The areas for the dolphins and sea lions are very, very large, clean, and well maintained. The staff and trainers were friendly, courteous, and very informative about the animals. We choose the sea lion encounter and went with the early morning group. There were only 8 people In our group and we got lots of hands on time with the sea lions. They are very sweet and gentle creatures. Our main sea lion was Jack and he was just a doll! He was playful, charming, a big show off, and gave lots of sweet kisses! The rest of the day on the island was meh at best. The beach did have good lounge chairs and most of them were empty. The water was clear but shallow and not suitable for swimming, just for wading around. The kids playing on the water toys did look to be having fun. There wasn't really anything to do after you waded around in the water and tanned a bit. We did spend some time watching the dolphins play while we waited for our ferry to pick us up. I wish I wouldn't have paid $40 for two lunches. The food they served for the BBQ was the worst food I've had in a long time. The only thing halfway palatable was the pickled beets and my daughter's french fries. I would go see the sea lions again in a heartbeat, but I'll head back to Nassau right away and eat lunch there.

Read DaySleeper4Me's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review
Member Image TwinPrincessMermaids
May 2014

Enjoyed the ferry again, even saw dolphins in the water. Island was beautiful, trainers were great. They allowed us to pose for one additional anniversary couple photo with the sea lions too. As mentioned above, the encounter was changed up slightly as they are training Jack since Maggie was recovering from an ailment. Bonnie took our deck photos, she is SO cute and personable! Jack was the one we had in the water, and he shook our hands and did a lot of the typical things but he did not have much contact with us (versus hugging in the water, kisses, and lots of petting back and forth, we didn't get that this time.) Still, they gave us lots of time with 3 different sea lions and it was still wonderful and delightful. The trainers really care for their babies and our group still enjoyed it a lot. Equally as enjoyable was the rest of the day on the island. We swam both in the lagoon and on the reef, and the adventurous ones played on the inflatable water park literally for hours, talk about your $15 value! The food was just as good as it always was, and the virgin and adult drinks as nice too. We really enjoyed our laid back day at Blue Lagoon and enjoyed the ferry back too. It is a wonderful island to visit, and I would go back again for a third time. Watching the dolphins play in the marine area was awesome too. There is something for everyone on this island, and also plenty of shade.

Read TwinPrincessMermaids's full Disney Magic cruise review
Provider: Disney Cruise Line
Member Image Nobrakes9
Not Rated
Nov 2013

We did the Sea Lion encounter and it was BY FAR the best thing I have ever done on a cruise. The sea lions were so cute and we had a lot of interaction with them. After our sea lion excursion we were allowed to stay on their private beach which was beautiful! Next year we are bringing the kids!!

Read Nobrakes9's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image busdriver475
Nov 2012
Typical shore excursion experience programmed a lot of fun and would possibly do it again
Read busdriver475's full Seven Seas Navigator cruise review
Provider: Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Member Image Noodle77
Not Rated
Nov 2012
We visited Blue Lagoon for their Sea Lion encounter...it was great to have a chance to get in the water with the animals and Blue Lagoon was a beautiful place to spend the day. There was a lot of confusion between the NCL Excursion Desk and various BL staff about where we needed to be and when. If I had realized our swim wasn't until the afternoon and there would be a later boat, I would have spent the morning in Nassau.
Read Noodle77's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image ducktoon1
Aug 2012
The sea lion (P.J.) was very well trained and very gentle. After meeting her and the trainer, I had no concerns for our safety. We posed for several pictures, fed her, hugged her, kissed her, petted her and learned about Sea Lions. They are a lot furrier that I realized. The beach at Blue Lagoon is also very nice. On a previous cruise we did the dolphin swim, and both times we've been impressed with the animal programs and the trainers at this facility.
Read ducktoon1's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image indytrvlr
Mar 2011
What a great time! I had swam with dolphins before and never got to be so interactive with them. You can get pushed by your feet by them. What an experience. The sea lions were great too, my husband enjoyed how much more interactive they seemed than the dolphins. I enjoyed both equally as much. I will say that you can't normally book both in the same day. We were concierge and they helped us ensure we could do both and still make it to the boat on time.
Read indytrvlr's full Disney Dream cruise review
Provider: Disney Cruise Line
Member Image Coeptus
Aug 2010
The sea lions were AMAZING! So much better than dolphins IMHO. I would highly recommend this fun (and educational) swim with these friendly, furry animals. There was a very nice beach spot at the excursion location that was free to use if you had done one of their excursions. We did not stay, but rather chose to head to the town of Nassau...which was a big mistake! Nassau is a fairly big...busy...loud...and UNDER CONSTRUCTION city that offers your typical duty free liquor and jewelry stores that left much to be desired. If you do book one of the Dolphin or Sea Lion adventures, stay at the beach and enjoy yourself, because you are missing nothing in town.
Read Coeptus's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review