Nassau Atlantis Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Nassau Shore Excursions > Atlantis

Enjoy the luxury of the Atlantis resort on Paradise Island. One of the most expensive hotels in the world, Atlantis is home to a variety of attractions ranging from an impressive assortment of massive water parks to the world's largest open air marine habitat.

HoosierCruiseFamily

1 review

Worst excursion ever !!! Took over an hour waiting in lines for a short 10 minute ride over to Atlantis. We paid for beach access and a discovery tour of the facilities. Both were a joke. The beach had been closed due to high waves. Our tour guide was incompetent and provided no useful information. The cruise line refunded 25% of the cost due to the long wait. I would have been happy with 50% off. Also worth mentioning, Atlantis is not well kept. The property is in need of maintenance and was dirty

rrrrall

1 review

We did the Atlantis Deep Water Dolphin Swim. WOW!!! At first I was not impressed as they stood underneath a shaded building and made us line up for 15 minutes or so in the blazing hot sun. I believe the real feel was something like 103 or 106 that day our guide said. He told some people "Well, you picked coming to the Bahamas ya know" It seemed a little rude to me, as we were left in the sun. When we got to Atlantis is took us a very very long walk to get to the dolphins. I honestly have to say that it took us about an hour or more total to get to them. Then we had to wait on the first group to get done. At this point, I was feeling disappointed. IT DID NOT LAST LONG! We had an excursion but not until 1:30 so we decided to walk out in Nassau. It was raining but I had an umbrella TIP: PACK AN UMBRELLA!! I don't care what you think the weather will be like, just do it! We had people envious of us lol. Within 20 minutes the rain was over. Nassau was not very fun. It had a lot of shopping but it had a lot of people shoving flyers in your face, reaching out to grab you, and telling you why you should do this or that tour. We didn't like it at all.

WOW! I would do it again in a HEART BEAT! We got to hug and kiss the dolphin, free swim with the dolphin, get a foot push, and then feed it and watch it do all kinds of tricks. Our time in the water was PLENTY and it was so worth the cost. They sold pictures by packages not individuals, so for 5 pics you paid $70 then you received one free pic. We ended up getting pictures, that is how amazing it was! I can't even put it into words. We were done with the dolphins around 4:30... If I could do it over again I would want to swim in the pools and do the water slides at Atlantis also

lsdavis

1 review

We chose the half day Atlantis Beach excursion. We opted to not do the water park, since we are from Orlando, FL and go to water parks often. This excursion was fantastic! We had about five hours to spend at the beach ( not including the transportation to arrive there). Transportation there and back was by tour bus; which was air conditioned and pre booked along with the tour.

This excursion involves use of the beach, the lagoon, and the aquariums. The beach is absolutely beautiful and offers the options of para sailing, jet skiing, boating, and banana boat. The cost for each was actually reasonable and negotiable. The lagoon was very fun for our children. Snorkeling equipment can be rented; there are many fish and even small sting rays to see. The lagoon has a shallow end and deeper one; perfect for all age groups.

The aquariums were dirty. We were surprised that, for such a lavish resort, the up keeping was lacking in the aquariums. Our children enjoyed them, though. I guess only adults notice cleanliness; kids just want to see the animals.

The nice thing about this excursion is that the tour buses run every half hour, from 3pm - 6pm. Therefore, you can stay as long as you want. We had been to the Bahamas several times; therefore, we were not as interested in sight seeing as some other tourists may have been. Either way, it was nice to not be committed to a certain time slot.

Loved it and highly recommend it!!!!

keystime

1 review

Quick and easy. Plenty of staff to guide us and never really had to wait to get to our destination.

Ava04

1 review

Wonderful &Beautiful Craftsmanship, Of Resort & Layout.

HashtagRCCL

1 review

We had an awful time but it was solely our fault. We took unguided tour because we were lead shopping in Nassau was wonderful and it wasn't. But Atlantis, hotel, casino, surroundings were all amazing.

schoon

1 review

Atlantis was expensive but awesome! If you have the resources rent the cabana, it was great having the privacy and room to stretch out in . Also having the cabana attendant made our stay even more relaxing, every time we came back we had fresh towels! I only wish we had more time because it was very expensive for only having about 6 and a half hours there.

sumac424

1 review

Not worth the money. Would have done better going off on our own.

Pride314

1 review

Paradise Island is stunningly beautiful. The cab ride to Atlantis was a bit of an adventure. It reminded me that we were not in America anymore. Atlantis has fun rides and rivers but is somewhat disorganized and overcrowded. They ran out of lockers and it was initially difficult to find tubes. The beach at Atlantis was the most beautiful I've ever been to. It cost our family about $500 to spend half a day at this excursion.

jormat

1 review

It was a great excursion! Its expensive but definitely an experience to go to when you are there. We would go back! When they are ready to take you on the excursion you better be ready because my husband and I got left over a 3 min time frame and had to pay for a taxi over to Atlantis when we shouldnt have. Also, they give you two options- a half day or a full day at a higher price. We chose the full day but could have just chosen and payed for the half day excursion. There is no differintiation on your wrist band and you just take the bus back to your cruise ship whenever you want, it leaves and comes back every 30 min. Save your money and pay for the half day and stay however long you want. The serpent ride was SO fun. You go through a clear tube in the middle of the shark tank! Also, try Pices restaurant. They have the best fish and chips all fresh from the ocean catch! Its hard to find so you have to ask how to get there, its right off the ocean.

SJDymond

1 review

We decided to purchase tickets to Atlantis Beaches and Aquariums. The Aquarium was pretty cool, a lot of different marine life to see. Believe it or not we never made it to the beaches because somehow we were allowed inside the Aquaventure park, even though we didn't pay for it so we decided to take advantage of that instead.

IDoSpas

This was my second time on this excursion. I love Atlantic. The first time was with my husband we we felt guilty not bringing the kids so we made sure to go back with them. Ages 15 & 20. We did the rapping river ( a must) it takes about 20-25 minutes to go around the hole thing. We also included the Snorkel the Ruins of Atlantis (very expensive almost $500 for 4 people) about 40 minutes in the tank. If you have the time and money I would do it, but we where only there from 12:30-5:00 and lockers closed at 4:00 or you get a $50 fine for late pick up. so it eat up a lot of our time so we did not see much of the park and the kids only got to go on one slid. This excursion needs to be longer for the amount of money you spend there. For the four of us to do both the park and snorkeling it was almost $1000.00 for 5 hours. I would not recommend doing it unless you have at least 7 hours. 9 pools and 9 rides needs more time to enjoy them all.

jcu604

1 review

The excursion to Atlantis was so much fun. It is beautiful at Atlantis, I would like to go back. Just beware all slides are for 48 inches or taller.

Treated Like Royalty

Atlantis, Paradise Island is my favorite spot in the whole wide world. On my last cruise, due to the weather, the ship docked late - we took a cab to Atlantis but arrived too late to get a property pass. This time i purchased the $59 discover Atlantic excursion, but was very disappointed. First we had to find what long line to stand on when we got off the ship. After standing around for a long time we were herded like cattle toward the buses for Atlantis. The chandeliers in the casino are pretty, but I really didn't need to know all about them. I will probably plan this cruise again, but will take a cab for $5 to the hotel and explore on my own, as long as the ship docks on time.

Oma55

1 review

Atlantis Resort is huge and beautiful but to big to visit in such a short time, so we just walked around the grounds and marine.

richard8

1 review

If you Love salt water fish aquariums. This is the place.

Provider: Princess Cruises

Nursetammy

Took tour of Atlantis - very nice

CruisingQueen68

1 review

Beautiful! It was crowded due to other cruise lines.

jszap

Way too expensive

broadwayfreak13

We decided on our day at Nassau, we'd go to Atlantis as we had never been there before. It was fun for the whole family, as there was a lot to do. As a way to save money, since we are a family of four, we booked the Comfort Suites. When you did this, it came with Atlantis passes and was much cheaper than booking through the cruise or Atlantis itself and it's a short walk over to Atlantis. We started off with the aquarium inside and saw a lot of cool tropical fish. Once we got outside, though, it was hot like the day before and very crowded. We got a locker, put our things away, and went to what we thought was the Lazy River, but was actually the Rapids. It was quite fun, we went around three times, but very dangerous. They did not take the empty floats out of the water so when people came through, they'd get hit with floats. Also, they did not enforce any rules in the rapids. There was a group of people using up to five floats at a time and banging into people, pushing them into the walls and making them get hurt. Since it was so crowded, the only slides we went on were the ones that were part of the rapids. Other than that, we spent the rest of the day at the beach, which was beautiful and not really crowded, until we had to go back to the ship that night.

4 sisters cruising

1 review

Loved the place. So much to do. The casino was fun. Decor is beautiful. Purchase the ticket that allows you to rome about. No fun if you are stopped at a door because your ticket does not include that section.

No Cruise You Lose

1 review

Aquaventure water park is a little expensive, but worth it. Lazy River is NOT lazy - there are some great rapids and slide spots! Booking on the ship is no more expensive then buying tickets directly at Atlantis considering transportation and lunch.

ric1816

Kids love it, wear sunblock and sandals, it's hot!

Johnshan

1 review

Atlantis was fun but did not meet my expectations. We got day passes for aqua adventure. This included the pools, beach, aquarium, and slides. All were great but Atlantis is so spread out and very hard to navigate.

Deezel31

1 review

Looked just like the commercials on T.V. It was the most beautiful hotel I had ever seen!

Irene7

A lot of walking, but worth it. The tour guide was very informative and the aquariums were wonderful.

Maryeveryday

1 review

Atlantis was wonderful. I had a day pass and was restricted to the aquarium, grounds, restaurant and beaches. Atlantis' campus is huge and there is a ton of things to do. The aquarium was neat but it seemed to me to need to have the tanks cleaned. There were many places to swim - lagoons, swimming pools, the aqua adventure. I wasn't sure if I was restricted from the pools, but the surf was extremely rough and I was afraid of rip currents. So I did go into a pool; no one said anything. It was lovely . . . .

nimi17

1 review

Enjoyable casino. Not very large, but it had new games. Did not spend much time here, but did enjoy the scenery.

stardj

This excursion is way too expensive for the amount of time given. Huge park that takes several minutes to walk and find all the different activities. Signage is good and maps provided but are not very detailed and helpful. Has water slides but not visible and are hard to locate. Several different pools to choose from. The rapids/lazy river is very cool and about a mile in length.

josiemartinez

Excellent tour guide. Transport to and from Atlantis went very smoothly.

Provider: Princess Cruises

disneyworldlover1

1 review

It took over an hour from the time I checked in for the excursion, to the time I got to the Atlantis (and note that it is only about a 5-10 minute bus ride from the ship to the Atlantis). They had us waiting on the ship before taking us off, then they had us waiting next to the ship before they took us into the port, and then they had us waiting in line to board busses to get to the Atlantis (we literally felt like cattle). However, once we arrived to the Atlantis, I had an unbelievable time. The water park is a ton of fun, they provided a meal voucher for lunch, and they had busses departing back to the ship every 30 minutes starting at 1pm (and there wasn't any line for the return trip bus). I would recommend the excursion to the Atlantis, but would warn you that you'll be doing A LOT of waiting around before you get there.

simeon63

1 review

Lots of walking, fast food served.

Airbubble

1 review

No need to book excursion through cruise ship unless you want to visit the water park. Got a taxi ourselves and explored through the hotel and onto cabbage beach.

Richbeast

1 review

Loved Atlantis. Filled with beutiful ocean views, aquariums and top of the line waterpark. Awesome!!

nirvclub

1 review

We got a tour of the Atlantis property, including the aquarium, which was very fun. The resort is just incredible. It was a really fun experience to see it, although it's a bit of a ripoff that you need to pay extra to access the beach. I suppose I could have gone to the beach without passing through Atlantis though.

Walleye09

1 review

We took a water taxi there on our own. The resort was beautiful, but the beach was terrible. Only one restroom area, very pushy vendors and the beach was dirty

usermom

We were transported from the Nassau dock by coach bus to Paradise Island's Atlantis; given a brief tour of the beautiful resort as well as a free bag and beach towels. We spent most of the day on the beautiful beach where we were provided free of charge with covered or non-covered beach lounge chairs. Locals sold drinks , foot massages and jewelery on the beach. Throughout the day we also enjoyed the casino, The Dig and the other aquariums, and shark feeding time. Although this was an expensive excursion $79 pp, we were so glad that we got to experience a day at this well known resort. Food and drinks could be purchased throughout the resort with a credit card. we chose to wait to eat until we got back on the ship, and we were not alone. Buses ran at 30 minute intervals up until 4p to return to the cruise ship. Tip: we bought water from a vendor for $1 when we were boarding the bus to go to Atlantis and it is $5 in Atlantis

Brandygirl14

1 review

The beach that we were allowed on with this tour was ok. It had more vendors trying to sell things than I thought there would be on a private beach. We walked around the property after the beach and that was very nice.

fabkab1

1 review

Atlantis was awesome but pricey. Nassau itself was very busy and it took 25 minutes to get 4 miles back to the ship. There were 6 ships in the port that day I believe.

Chelleum

1 review

Atlantis was nice, but it was a short visit. We couldn't see the area because everything was blocked off. The only part we could go in was the casino. I do not think tours should be given there cause there is nothing to see without buying a day pass.

spideyswims

1 review

Not knowing what to have expected, being our first cruise, we should have tried to see more of the island other than staying in the Atlantis resort. That aside it was a great place to see, the aquarium was definitely worth visiting, perhaps the biggest we have ever seen. Shame the undercurrents were too strong to allow us to swim in the sea.

Posada

1 review

Disappointed that I could not walk around any where accept the casino without a day pass at $40 a person

Jimmftl

1 review

Enjoyed seeing but next time will stay on ship

Mr Veendam06

1 review

It was the best port day we spent !! Not to be missed !

londoh

1 review

Our excursion was the Atlantis Adventures tour, which were guided walking tours to various aquariums and the "ruins." We walked through the lobby and casino too. Overall, we enjoyed this tour and was excited to see the sharks, rays, barracudas, and other sealife. Very similar to the Monterrey Bay Aquarium.

coldflame

Unless you are a paying guest or a resident, the trip to Atlantis is worthless.

Boogienbooboo

1 review

We were only in Nassau for 5.5 hours not long enough to get on off tour and enjoy anything Atlantis had to offer... stay on the ship!!!

Mermaid_Cruiser

1 review

Atlantis was alright but not much to do on the Discover Atlantis tour. Would opt for something else in this port.

chelle_in_tn

1 review

Atlantis is amazing. Carnival does not want you to know that you can go to the Atlantis beach for free... that all day Atlantis excursion is a lot to cram into your few hours there but totally worth it that place is amazing and there's so much to do. Must for water park fans and even just to appreciate the whole feel and essence of this place.. And make sure to taxi over to the Fish Fry and see Frankie a most gracious host with some killer drinks and very reasonable prices compared to lots of spots. It is just a few minutes from "downtown" just tell the taxi driver to take you to fish fry and get out at Frankie's .First spot on the row.. well worth checking out.

lovecrousing969

1 review

I still believe that the excursion is on the over priced side, but non the less we had a good time. The beach itself was slightly dirty and disorganized, with some bottles and waste. It seems to me that for such a high priced resort there should be people taking care of the beach at all times. During our time there we did not see one person cleaning the sand area. We also decided to rent an umbrella, the cost of that was $30 :-/(it was about 98 degrees outside). There are some vendors in the beach but nothing too overwhelming like in the free beaches. We paid $4 for a coke in the beach. Do yourself a favor and buy water from the vendor at the pier selling water for a cool $1 at the pier. We bought a couple of them, much better than paying $4 a drink. The water at the beach is among the cleanest and clearest I've ever experience. So I am sure you will enjoy that. Great for snorkeling and just splashing around. As far as the waking goes. Well it all starts at port, our ship was one of the furthest away, so there was some walking just to get to the bus. But every one getting of the ship has to do this journey. Walking around the hotel is well, a little hard. Some small hills an yes there is about half a mile total walking. The problem is all the aquariums are spread all over the resort. So if you want to see all there is to see, be ready to walk. The other problem is timing. By the time we got to the beach it was about 11:00-11:15 (can't recall exactly). We only stayed there about 2 hours cause we wanted to see the resort aquariums and also do some light shopping at the marina back by the ship. So it's kind of hard to justify $80 for only 2hrs at the beach. Please do yourself a BIG favor, the disembarkation process only takes a couple of minutes. Please stay in the ship until 5 minutes prior meeting time. There are a lot more commodities in the ship, including AIR CONDIONER and drinks!!! It's hot down by dock and you have to wait until everyone has signed up. Also stay near the ship, the sing up lady will be there at the time of your ticket. We got confused and walked all the way to the bus areas and then we were told to go back near the ship. If you follow those tips you will be fine. As far as the aquarium goes, it's nice and large for a hotel, but like everything else in the hotel it's in dier needs of some maintanainace. They simply do not take care of the hotel like they should. They buses go back and forth every 30 minutes. They are not on a strict schedule, but what I noticed was that they left around 5 minutes prior an zero or half hour. All in all I did it and I am happy I did, but most likely I will never do it again. It's just too expensive. We ended up leaving early to go down town and shop a little.

tffd01

We decided to just get off the ship and take a cab to the Atlantis, where I'd never been. The problem is you can't really get to see the Atlantis because they won't let you roam around outside unless you have a wrist band for some excursion that you paid for or a hotel room that you paid for. They let you walk around in the casino, or course, and in the shopping area. But not outside where the pools and the activities are.

dandl1986

Beautiful beach and aquarium. Easy to get trams from pier and back. Lots of chairs and many had covers which helped because it rained on us a little. Too many people on the beach selling rides on jet skis and banana boats, shells, and scarves. It didn't feel that safe but overall it is a great beach excursion.

sometime_cruiser

Went on a tour of the Atlantis resort. The aquarium was awesome. Spent about 3 hours walking around and inside the buildings. Pools and waterslides require paying a lot more money, so we passed.

Getaway Gal

1 review

This is an amazing resort with a lot of things to do, but it is really too big for an excursion. Even though we booked much cheaper through an independent company, it is not worth the money. You cannot get your money's worth in the amount of time you are there.

thomastoo

1 review

Some of our party did the water slides and some just took the tour. Those that did the slides thought they were terrific. Those that did not visited the aquarium and Casino at Atlantis. They had a good time also

jbgiraffe

1 review

Nassau was okay, probably not anywhere I would go back to anytime soon. The area with the shopping was very dirty and we saw blood and needles in some areas of the street/sidewalk. We did take the Atlantis Harbor Cruise in the afternoon and it was fun. I really enjoyed seeing Atlantis and learning more about it. The complaint I have with the excursion would be that it was mostly an aquarium tour, so if you are expecting to see more of the Atlantis grounds you may want to think about booking a different excursion. I've seen better aquariums here in the states. Also, because we were in tunnels for most of it, it was very difficult to understand the tour guide because her microphone echoed really badly.

deck2261

1 review

the taxi service is CRAZY! We were smooshed into a bus with alot of other. Went to Atlantis were we paid crazy prices but we knew that going in.

christians1215

1 review

When we got off the ship at our first port of call, Nassau, we went to the Atlantis Water Park and had a Blast! The only downside was how long of a line it was to get in.

Berzle986

We went to the Atlantis in Nassau for our excursion. We just took a taxi from the ship and paid there. The ship had this excursion, but we saved $200.00 just going there ourselves. This place is amazing. Huge property, many pools, water slides, lazy river, beach, aquarium, dolphins and shark excursions plus many more things. The place is spotless. Just gorgeous!!! Everything here has a price, a huge price. Quite frankly way over priced. And for that reason I rated it lower than it sounds.

sexylady

1 review

Atlantis is beautiful and worth seeing. The harbor tour portion of this excursion is unnecessary and eats up your time. I recommend just taking the Discover Atlantis tour without the Harbor tour.

doitl8tr

This excursion was guided and took you through the main sections of the resort and the aquariums. We really enjoyed it!

Djjeq

1 review

It was neat to see the aquarium at The Dig but I found the guide rushed us through. It would have been nice to have more time to explore on our own.

krayzmelmel

We were in Nassau from 11am-6pm. It was the Atlantis Tour and Harbor Cruise. Our excursion wasn't until 115pm, so we decided to stroll around Nassau. We even made it to Junkanoo Beach, which is the closest free beach from the port. Not a bad walk... I was just amazed by all the people driving the wrong way!! hehe. Pretty beach... the water was brr cold though! We then walked to the straw market. I have to say I was very impressed with the market itself. When we went in 2006, it was dark and dingy, and the vendors were all pulling at us and being pushy. This time... it was nice and neat and organized, and the vendors were very polite. We were checked in by 130 (bahamas time is VERY relaxed I noticed) and made our way to the ship, which looked like a combination shuttle boat/glass bottom boat. I thought to myself.. yay! but we were only able to go to the top of the boat and had a scenic tour via water of Nassau and Paradise Island, where the Atlantis is. We even saw Nicholas Cage's house and a house that is for sale for $2 million! I'm starting to save now! We were dropped off at the dock and it was stated that a return boat will depar every half an hour from 330-5pm. ok... We better keep a watch on the time! We walked past a cute little marina town with shops and cafes, and went through the casino. They showcased sculptures from Chihuly. Past the casinos we went to the aquarium, which is advertised as the largest outdoor marine aquarium in the world! I was VERY impressed with this tour. It was extensive, and there is a lot that is included! so many beautiful fish and HUGE manta rays! We went from room to room and I love how everything is themed as the lost city of Atlantis. Some time to walk around the beautiful hotel.... minimum stay around $300 per night.... but there is a LOT to do! When we finished, we had just missed the 330 boat, so we took a leisurely tour back to the marina and even had Starbucks and Ben&Jerry's on the way back. My dad and DH ventured back to our ship, and my mom and I stayed at port for a bit to shop. (WE LOVE SHOPPING!) My mom found a gorgeous coral necklace set at the Straw Market, and received compliments throughout the cruise.

TnomadX

It was a tour of the Hotel Atlantis. The kids loved seeing the large Aquarium

happylady423

1 review

There is a lot of walking if someone has any problems in this area.The water rides are fun and grounds are beautiful. Only downside is it is very expensive one beer and mixed drink $23 . Make sure you take credit card do not accept cash ,also you don't need beach towels they supply them.

kimbavan

We have been to Bahamas before but wanted to experience Atlantis. We took the tour. This covered everything but swimming areas. It was nice. I would never pick staying there over going on a cruise, not worth the cost. Casino was ok, if you have been to Vegas, this is not even close!