Grand Turk Island Tour Excursion Reviews

Grand Turk Island Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
An island tour is one of the most efficient ways to learn about the historical heartbeat of Grand Turk -- the capital island of Turks and Caicos.
Member Image M's Girl
Mar 2016
The tour guide was very informative, and it was a great way to learn about the island. Streets were really bumpy in some places, but overall, a great tour.
Read M's Girl's full Eurodam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image bestofXs
Jan 2016
Walked off the HAL Oosterdam on 1/31 and into the cruise line built village of the typical retail shops & a Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville. Spotted a person for the Island Trams Limited behind a kiosk. For $25 per adult, they offered a 2 hour tour of the island. We were told to go to the beach and find the meeting place & pay. About 1/2 hour later we were told to walk out into the parking lot & then outside the village compound. Found the waiting open-air trams after about a 10 minute walk. We were each given a bottle of cold water. Slow drive, past a replica of John Glenn's space capsule Friendship 7, then into downtown Cockburn Town. Stopped for 20 minutes near the Turks & Caicos National Museum (but not enough time to visit it) Went past the many salt ponds and the unique Turks Head Cactus. Our driver told us that there was a 40% excise tax to bring a car to Grand Turks & gas was $6 a gallon. Most of the buildings were boarded up or very 3rd world quality. Next a drive to the north end of the island to visit the Lighthouse which has a $3 entrance fee. No one on our tram paid to go in. The highlight of our tour was the wild donkeys that came to be feed. The donkeys used to be used to pull the salt out of the ponds, but they were let loose after their services were no longer needed. And they have definitely multiplied! They are everywhere, they even manage to open gates and get in residential gardens.
Read bestofXs's full Oosterdam cruise review
Provider: Island Trams Limited
Member Image Manatee Mom
Dec 2015
It was a very overcast day and our 3rd time to Grand Turk so we decided to grab a taxi and take an island tour. It was very interesting and I'm glad we did it, it was very interesting learning the history of the Island. But if I had a choice of a beach day or Island tour I would pick beach day
Read Manatee Mom's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image BenjiRodney
Oct 2015
Coast to Coast open air safari. Rodney was a great guide and explained all that we were seeing. This was a great way to see the island and the people were so friendly. Would do this again.
Read BenjiRodney's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image Cruiser galore
Very thorough.
Read Cruiser galore's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image wadainker
Oct 2015
Outstanding way to see the island. Booked outside of Princess and got a private van for 4 at same price as ship tour. Stopped where we wanted, included an hour for lunch and shopping Marigot and then at the beach to see the airplanes land and takeoff.
Read wadainker's full Emerald Princess cruise review
Provider: Bernard's Tours
Member Image Jlzahar7
Aug 2015
Not much to see on grand turk but dod enjoy the 1.5 hpur tram tour and the lighthouse as well as the history or the island
Read Jlzahar7's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Provider: Direct with tour operator
Member Image Cruise_Dog
Aug 2015
An enjoyable excursion to visit an island we've never seen before.
Read Cruise_Dog's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image Toussaint
Jul 2015
Nothing on the island. We will never go their again.
Read Toussaint's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Member Image jollybecute
Jun 2015
It was very bad. The food was very bad and very salty. The place where we stop for a taste of the Island cuisine was dirty, the toilet has no running water to wash your hands and no water to plush. Not acceptable!
Read jollybecute's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image floatingflowers
Jun 2015
I booked the Coast to Coast Grand Turk Safari. It was a very nice tour around the island, with stops at gift shops, an area with local marine life, and a lighthouse. The tour guide was very informative about the island and it's history.
Read floatingflowers's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image Newfie and a Yank
Jun 2015
The best things about the whole tour was the Church, Museum, Salt Flats and the history of the John Glenn landing of Freedom 7 near there. It was more of a tour of homes we could buy instead of what history there is to see. Will go on the Dune buggy or just the beaches next time.
Read Newfie and a Yank's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image TammyE
May 2015
We took the Safari Truck. Great excursion with 3 stops. On for shopping, one by the water were our guide showed us how to get conch out of the shell and the last to the lighthouse where the scenery was beautiful and you get to feed stray donkeys.
Read TammyE's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Member Image Amy63
May 2015
My advice-skip the tours and hang out in Margartiaville! Our tour consisted of driving around the very poor island, and stopping for some lunch of island specialties. At the end you could choose to be dropped off a beach, or back to the port.
Read Amy63's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Member Image kobee1012
May 2015
about 25 of us took a bus tour of the island. The guide was very informative. We stopped at a lighthouse and got to pet donkeys along with shopping. It was great. We would highly recommend it.
Read kobee1012's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image ldbertelson
Apr 2015
this was the worst tour we've ever been on bus a/c didn't work,the whole time on the bus the driver constantly knocked the U.S.several times referring to the military base that we have leased from them as being under siege by us,he has no business being a tour guide
Read ldbertelson's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image CBreezes
Apr 2015
Again I was unable to go because of the very bumpy ride and type of vehicle they used .. My husband & brother-in-law went without me . .
Read CBreezes's full Carnival Splendor cruise review
Member Image beshears
Apr 2015
Grand Turk had Margaritville were very nice, but my friend didn't want to use it, so we did a tour, once we got out of the terminal. When taking the tour, we found some of the area, the people are very poor, and then they took us around the island, and we see a couple very nice homes that belonged to the grocery store owners, as well as the salt mill, that produces rock salt that we use to make ice cream the "old fashion" way. They also have a conch grave yard, and I brought back a beautiful light blue shell that is sitting in the middle of all the other small shells I have brought back from various islands.
Read beshears's full Carnival Splendor cruise review
Member Image macioci15@aol.com
Apr 2015
Was very touched by the rusticity of the island. Natures beauty at it's best. We ate at a local eatery and managed to get in the water for our own conch shells. absolutely phenomenal!
Read macioci15@aol.com's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image savycruisers
Mar 2015
Fun trolley tour around the island with very knowledgable guide who made the trip very enjoyable and I would not recommend this if you are handicapped
Read savycruisers's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image Kenai2.5
Mar 2015
Had a great guide, John, who did a wonderful job introducing us to Grand Turk. We loved seeing a quiet, more traditional island. This is a port where you can use the beach on your own because it is literally located at the end of the pier.
Read Kenai2.5's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image tico taco
Feb 2015

The taxi took us around Grand Turk to the lighthouse. WE enjoy seeing this small island.

Read tico taco's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Provider: Taxi van
Member Image terrigram
Feb 2015

Again unable to book The Taste of Grand Turks or the Top 10 sites thru Carnival. All sold out by sea day #2. Found an independent operator who provided 3 air conditioned buses and we did a 1/2 hr. island highlights tour which gave us the option of getting off at will and be picked up by other buses every 15 - 30 min to continue this excursion for less than $20.

Read terrigram's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Provider: Alfred
Member Image Tessica
Not Rated
Jan 2015

Highly rated on Trip Advisor and as you walk off the ship, to your left, there is a representative on the beach advising about tour. Only draw back is you must walk out of the port complex...fair distance to the left hand side gate but that is because they are not sanctioned by the cruise lines. All the local operators must pay a high percentage of the tour prices to the port authorities if they wish to be onsite. These people are long time locals...couple of hundred years for the family. Their profits supports the local economy not the cruise line. Not that I have anything against the cruise line!!

Tour was excellent. Great stories. Loved the local museum. Good value for 25 bucks each!

Read Tessica's full Eurodam cruise review
Provider: Island Trams Adventure
Member Image LucianATL
Not Rated
Jan 2015

I AM ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE LOVE LOVE WITH GRAND TURK...Let me say why. I was able to see a place of a certain time. It was like magical and mysterious and like being somewhere else. It was awesome for me. There were salt beds that looked like a rice pattie, if you know what I mean, in vietnam--the proper term is salina...Time stamp was like 1950 I felt.

The day we went was the day tourism became an importance to Cuba, which is another place that time stopped, I believe about 1950. The thing you notice....no stop lights. It was a rainy day so we went on a covered tour and drank local beer. Not sure my travel partner enjoyed it, but I did I like history and adventure.

They have a light house which was like out of a movie scene, it sits atop an unexpected cliff and next to a repurposed US navy post which is now a college...(Watch out for the donkey poo)...donkey's roam the island aimlessly with a omnious purpose-I believe to eat in case of emergency-but could be wrong

Keep in mind Turk and Caicos is expensive so going on a cruise is the ideal way to go for your average person.

Read LucianATL's full Costa Luminosa cruise review