Grand Turk Island Tour Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Grand Turk Shore Excursions > Island Tour

An island tour is one of the most efficient ways to learn about the historical heartbeat of Grand Turk -- the capital island of Turks and Caicos.

CheeseheadBear

1 review

We very much enjoyed our tour of Grand Turk, getting to see the island and learn a little about its history and its people. The tour bus was very clean and modern, and our driver/tour guide, Tracey, was excellent, spicing up his information with some humor. Although other people complain about how little they see and how run down the island it, we kept open minds, and attempted to discover. Overall, nicely paced and enlightening.

Chiquitamar

As we had a group of 8, we took a van with just our group around the island for a couple of hours. There is not much to see in Grand Turk. Went to the lighthouse and a shopping market. Glad I did it and never have to do it again. If not going to the beach or other water activities, not much to do or see.

RIYAZ ESSA

GRAND TURK RIDE WAS GOOD

geegeemom

1 review

saw the whole island. Had refreshments for the two stops. Held a sea cucumber and starfish and ate fresh conch.

beatcop49

Small island. We took a taxi to Cockburn Town. Not much to see there...a few local rum bars and eateries if you like to try local food. The port center is where we spent most of the time. Plenty of shopping there, and the largest Margaritaville in the world. I had a "Cheeseburger in Paradise"....always good food. The beaches are nice, but can get crowded quick...especially if more than one cruise ship is in port. There is also a John Glenn/Mercury 7 display there, as John Glenn splashed down near Grand Turk after being the first American to orbit the earth.

Grand Turk is nice, but probably my least favorite port of this cruise....and I'm sure there is more to see than I saw. Just not enough time....

robtulipe

DW and friend were booked on the Grand Turk Island Tram tour that was suppose to be exclusively for our roll call group. They had to take the bus in spite of them arriving early for the open tram they were suppose to be on since Doug, the owner of Island Trams was hawking our tour, seemingly at a higher price then what we were to pay, to the Carnival passengers as their ship had arrived a hour or two before ours did.. I'm glad that I did my SCUBA diving excursion instead of doing this fairly boring tour as the flamingo weren't on the island due to cold recent weather and it's a pretty barren desert island according to DW.

virgintraveller

1 review

Well narrated, very informative tour. From the Salt flats, prison, Limestone cliffs, to the Historic Lighthouse & surrounding interest points; & the hands on educational trip to the beach & St. Thomas Parish Church. Here on the beach tour we were again shown the Conch & offered some to eat ….. I guess this tour DID NOT GET THE LETTER !!!!! The problem was a lack of specific tour time length. Princess Patter 1-3:45 We were told one thing & leaving ½ hour for extras ; we arrived 45 min late back on board(5:00) for a Spa appointment(4:15). Yes you can say that we should have known something would go wrong & it’s only the Spa but my point is either Princess was not given a general time, or that time was not conveyed to us; & if you use the Spa you realize how hard it is sometime to get appointments; especially near the end of a cruise.

Dackelprincess

1 review

We had a tour booked through Princess. It was a great tour, given by a local man named Tracey. The Island reminded me of Bonaire. They have the same Donkeys that roam the Island. On Grand Turk, the local people look after the donkeys, so they are very friendly. I even got to feed 4 of them, much to my great pleasure! I've read reviews of Grand Turk with people saying it was boring, but I did not find this true at all. In fact, I really enjoyed it.

Tinslinger

This excursion was titled, "A Taste of Grand Turk." We anticipated a few stops at different places to sample several different types of food. We were disappointed when the only place we had food was ONE stop for lunch. The lunch was good, consisting of conch fritters, fish and rice, and was a very good sized portion for lunch. We simply thought there would be more stops and more variety.

Steve551

Our first stop was Grand Turk. We could see all of Grand Turk from our balcony. We took the "Coast to Coast Grand Turk Safari". It was nice enough and not too long since there's not much distance between the coasts of Grand Turk.

retiring soon

The tour was called "The Grand Turk Experience" & was really good. We
stopped at the salt pond where we could do a little shopping which I
found expensive but then everything has to be imported.
The guide told us how much it costs to import a car, unreal!!
The next stop was at the lighthouse where wild donkeys walked around.
There was a lot of different birds around the island & the beach
beside the port looked lovely.

acan

1 review

The tour was very informative, our guide added a lot of humor to the ride and brought a lot of daily occurrences of the island related to politics. I really got a sense of how it is to live on Grand Turk, we made two really short stops, one in Downtown, there was a small souvenir marketplace and a nice dock, and one by the lighthouse which was surrounded by wild donkeys and very beautiful scenery!

bagelmom6

1 review

We took the island tour that included the Salt Quay and lighthouse. The stops were interesting as we were driving around the island the guide would say things like "over there you'll see..." but would never tell us where to look so we kept looking around and missing everything. The roads were also extremely bumpy and we spent the whole ride bouncing around.

Marcoottawa

Excellent visit. Very friendly

sammy1956

1 review

We walked the beach towards Jack's Shack and there was a tram ride I think it was Little Island tour , it cost $20 per person , went thru the city , by the new Carnival Center , up to the Lighthouse and back . It took almost 2 hrs ,the guide was good & knowledgeable ,he said they've only been running for 6 months . Wish them luck , It was a very good tour

AnastasiaX

Loved! Got to see the local flavour, delivered presents to the children on Christmas day - highlight of our trip!

QCNash09

1 review

We had to wait past the given time to start. The speaker system on the "bus" was not very good, so it was hard to understand everything the guide said. The views and to experience the whole island was enjoyable though.

BJzink

We had not been to Grand Turk before, so the tour was all new ground for us. We did the "Trolley Train", and again, the guide was very knowledgeable about the history of the island, enjoyed his narrative. The problem with the train was that it has seats that face each other with maybe 18" between them so we had a very hard time being comfortable with the other passengers across from us. Again, no golf carts to take passengers from the gangway to the end of the pier.

Gravedigger

1 review

Two hour tour from the light house back to the ship with a stop for shopping

Tuey

1 review

I give this a four only because we ended up at governors beach. The town tour was a joke. All our driver did was point out the delapidated buildings that were hit by the hurricane several years ago. The salt house was interesting but we did not have enough time to watch the video explaining its history. But the beach - wow. Go. Swim. Enjoy the beautiful caribbean blue waters. Lovely.

expdek

The "bus" was small, dirty, and we were crammed aboard. The driver was nice enough, but his English was difficult to understand. Grand Turk itself does not have enough sights to warrant taking a sightseeing tour -- stay at the cruise center instead.

cruiserswithababy

1 review

Our last stop, Grand Turk, is one of the most beautiful islands I have ever been to. The water was crystal clear straight to the ocean floor. The snorkeling was great. We stopped by a neat little church on our island tour and saw a lot of their government buildings. A few years ago, they were hit with a hurricane, but they are slowly rebuilding.

Ole Salt

We explored the Island in an air-conditioned bus, and the guide did a very nice job of explaining the history, etc. during the 3 hour tour. We enjoyed it very much.

jevans9772

Typical island.

Provider: Silversea Cruises

hehny

We did an island tour. We had an air conditioned van and a lovely driver with a droll sense of humor. There were plenty of opportunities to stop and take photos. We visited the salt museum and the lighthouse. There were various places to stop and buy souvenirs, including the main terminal in Grand Turk. It was a short tour- gave us a nice feel for the island. Highly recommended!

beesy

1 review

We rode in a bus and got a history of the island. The ship had made me so sick up to this point that I could not enjoy it really. But it was interesting.