Grand Turk Beach Break Excursion Reviews

Grand Turk Beach Break cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Spend the day soaking up the sun on the sands of Grand Turk while participating in aquatic and land activities on a beach break excursion.
Member Image wsteffey
Nov 2014

Nice tropical beach. No services, but a fine stop for 45 minutes

Read wsteffey's full Ruby Princess cruise review
Member Image mommiemudd
Oct 2014

Husbands dove with Grand Turk Diving Co. Excellent as always. We enjoyed the beach and pool at Margaritaville. We went back on board for lunch and then back out to enjoy the rest of our day. We visited Froots frozen yogurt and were able to use their wifi for a few minutes. Water was so nice, I didn't want to waste time on my phone! I will note that this beach had changed since last year's visit. There were vendors with tents everywhere and they were set up close to the water line. This really bothered me. Almost felt like the Bahamas. I wish they would limit the number of tents and have them set up behind the chairs. I felt like they were blocking my view. But I do love the water here. Temp was just right and I spent most of the day in the water.

Read mommiemudd's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Member Image collegiatecruiser
Jun 2014

Beach Break was great but beware- free wifi is only in a sketchy shack inside, and the people working there were not friendly. Anything additional beside the beach chair and swimming in the ocean is for a fee. The port itself was absolutely gorgeous, fun and exciting! Margaritaville was swarmed with people but it was really fun. It was like one giant party!

Read collegiatecruiser's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image delvendo4
Mar 2014

Loved it...tour guide was wonderful very informative.... Most AMAZING beaches i've ever seen....

will def. go back

Read delvendo4's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image jland58949
Dec 2013

Boring- snorkeling was great. 29.95 each or 60 dollars for cab ride to a beach within sight of the ship. Could have walked there and rented equipment for 10 each. We were warned that it was boring there but we made a way to have fun anyway.

Read jland58949's full Ruby Princess cruise review
Member Image mrfviews
Nov 2013

Did it all on our own, no operators.

Read mrfviews's full Royal Princess cruise review
Provider: N/a
Member Image ereka
Jan 2013
Private, clean and clear aqua waters!
Read ereka's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image ritamb885
Jan 2013
We did the governors beach break. I had read that the beach directly near the cruise ship was very rocky so wanted to go somewhere else. The beach was nice, not the best I've been to but it was nice. This was basically a shuttle to the beach with the option to go snorkeling.
Read ritamb885's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image jgreenwo17
Nov 2012
Shabby facilities. Disinterested staff at Governors beach.
Read jgreenwo17's full Ruby Princess cruise review
Member Image travelingcruise279
Aug 2012
Governors Beach Snorkeling was fun as a way to have a leisure snorkel experiance, and enjoy the beach. I couldn't imagine stayig over 3 hours since food and drink were limited.
Read travelingcruise279's full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Member Image mick4reg
Jun 2012
Grand Turk Is Just Fantastic,, The Water,,, The Beach itself,,, The People,, and just Great,,, BUT!!!!! It is Just a Bit Expensive,,,,,and I am glad we had the boat to come back too,,,BUT!!!!!,,,I will be going back to Grand Turk!!!!
Read mick4reg's full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Member Image msjuicycouture
Jun 2012
Beautiful & fun. Service was great!
Read msjuicycouture's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image dolphirefighter
May 2012
This was our second time to Grand Turk. The first time we took a tour of the island. This time, we caught a cab to a beach on the other side of the island. Keep in mind this island is literally 7miles long by 1.5mile wide. We went to a place called Pillory Beach, which was about a 10min ride and the cab fare was $8.00 each way per person...well worth it. An excursion to Governors beach, right near the port is $29.00 per person an all they do is drive you 3min down the road to a moderately crowded beach. For a total of $16.00 I got a fairly private beach. I would say the maximum number of people on this beach was 30 people at anyone given time. The water was nicer than in St. Thomas' Magens Beach. I rate it higher to be honest. The snorkeling was not that great, but I was with an amateur and we only got into about 15 foot of water. If your willing to go a little further out, you would probably see more than we did. This is by far, one of, if not my favorite caribbean destination.
Read dolphirefighter's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Provider: TAXI
Member Image tintin
Mar 2012
Governor's Beach was lovely for swimming and snorkeling. I liked the fact that it wasn't over developed. (like the Cruise Centre).
Read tintin's full Ruby Princess cruise review
Member Image tinrose56
Mar 2012
Also have to book through HAL because independent operators are not available. Gibbs Cay is beautiful but there's really nothing there but peace and sandy beach. Kind of wish they would leave the string rays alone at Gibbs Cay instead of chasing them so us tourists can have a photo op.
Read tinrose56's full Eurodam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image ariannasstuff
Feb 2012
Just a lovely couple of hours on the beach.
Read ariannasstuff's full Ruby Princess cruise review
Member Image 50stater
Jan 2012
It was very over-crowded. A standard, mediocre excursion for the Caribbean.
Read 50stater's full Seven Seas Navigator cruise review