Grand Turk FlowRider Excursion Reviews

Grand Turk FlowRider cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Experience the thrill of body or knee boarding in a fun, exciting, and controlled environment on the Grand Turk FlowRider.
Member Image mneely72
1 review
Not Rated
Apr 2014

You really don't need to book an excursion for Grand Turks unless you like to scuba. The port is right out side of Margarittaville. There are complementary chairs on the beach and there is a great pool, restaurant and swim up bar there as well. You can rent snorkel gear for $5 and do all kinds of water sports. My 2 boys (13 and 15) did the Flo Rider there and had a blast. The crew who ran the ride were very friendly and helpful. This was probably the best stop on the cruise..you got the best of everything in one stop. Not to mention it was absolutely gorgeous!!

Read mneely72's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image kidsouttime2cruise
Not Rated
Feb 2014

GRAND TURK, home of the world's largest Margaritaville and the island where John Glenns space capsule touched down back in 1962 after his visit to the moon. My kids did the FLOWRIDER experience...with video and pics to purchase. Be sure to book before you cruise or while on the ship if you wait until you get on the isalnd you might not be able to do it.. Cruisers get first dibs and a min of 5 ppl are needed to do it. The drinks, food and entertainment at Margaritaville was wonderful! The sand had stones in it. To enter the water you should consider wearing watershoes...at first it feels like quicksand and then you have big rocks covered with moss to contend with. So the swimming was not ideal, but refreshing. Maybe further down the beach it wouldve been different. If we go again...we will swim in the Margaritaville pool. We stayed near the ship. The Flowrider experience is for the adventurous. Watching everyone try to surf the waves was entertaining.

Read kidsouttime2cruise's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image Minkster1973
1 review
Jan 2013
My friends would say this was their favorite port. They rode the FlowRider. Even as a spectator, it was tons of fun and I got tons of great pictures of the guys flat on their backs. So funny!
Read Minkster1973's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image jaynak
Dec 2012
I'm giving the Port a rating of 2 (as rated by me) and the Flowrider a rating of 5 (as rated by my kids!) I did not like that port at all. Unfortunately we arrived several hours after the Carnival ship whose passengers had hogged every single lounger with their towels, but there were very few of them actually sitting on the loungers. Very, very maddening. I admit to saying a few unkind words about Carnival people under my breath (sorry Carnival people). We finally found a little plot of sand that we could put our towels on. If it had not been so sunny we could have just sat near the water but it was so hot you couldn't sit out in the unprotected sun for long -- consequently you needed a spot where the loungers were. The loungers are partly covered in a lovely coconut grove. This would all be great if ONE ship is in port. Otherwise you can sit around the big pool but the noise/music is blaring and all the Margarittaville people are drinking... you get the idea. My kids had booked the Flowrider surf machine which they loved. However, when it was their time to go on it, we moved to the pool area to watch them and 12 loungers away from us was a Carnival passenger puking his guts out on the deck -- NO I am not kidding. In my opinion, the Margaritaville staff should have helped him back to the ship but no, they left him to keep upchucking while his girlfriend yelled at him. It was awful. Someone said he'd been like that for an hour. Finally a staff person came and poured a bottle of water on the pile of grossness. Great solution. I tried to concentrate on the flowrider but with the circus going on near me it was difficult. So that's my Grand Turk memory.
Read jaynak's full Ruby Princess cruise review