Juneau Helicopter Tour Excursion Reviews

Juneau Helicopter Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Helicopter tours are a must-do in Alaska and it's easy to understand why. Nothing beats the view of Juneau's glaciers and icy waters from above.
Member Image misshousam
Jul 2016
They knew about schedule change before cruise line communicated to us. Very safe
Read misshousam's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Provider: Alaska Shore Excursions
Member Image ct8
Jul 2016
Did pilot's choice tour and landed on Herbert Glacier. Saw the amazing blues up close. The glacier itself had icy surface -- more so than the snowy surface from Ross Glacier near Denali.
Read ct8's full Radiance of the Seas cruise review
Provider: TEMSCO
Member Image RJPerque
Jun 2016
This was THE MOST AWESOME EXCURSION! It's so hard to grasp the vastness of everything Alaska and this tour only underscored the absolute enormity of it all. You fly over the ice field and you go "wow, incredible". Then the pilot tells you what you are seeing is the size of Rhode Island and you are dumbfounded. You swear you are so close to a mountain that it's scary just for a second, then you notice the helicopter ahead of you, how it looks like a speck on the horizon and you feel lost to find words for how significant you are in relation to the size of that mountain you seemed so close to. You ask the pilot how fast you are flying and the answer is an incredible 140 mph and yet you seem to be creeping along. All this before you even land on the ice field and get to experience the beauty of it up close and personal. It's just incredible and words fail me. We did a hike after landing, drank water from the glacier and took many pictures. Tour was well organized and professional. You are outfitted in their equipment head to toe (wind pants and jacket, boots, gloves, hat if needed) Worth every penny!!
Read RJPerque's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image bobjenzach
Jun 2016
Alaska Shore Excursions - Juneau Glacier Dogsled Extended Tour via Helicopter Our group ranged in age from 12-71. Everyone truly enjoyed this excursion. The process was very organized and efficient. The heli pilot and dog mushers were very knowledgeable and friendly. The extra stop on the icefield was well worth it. Our favorite part was walking on the icefield, jumping crevasses, and drinking glacier water! This is an experience that we will never forget. * Plan to wear extra layers, scarf, and gloves!!
Read bobjenzach's full Radiance of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Alaska Shore Excursions
Member Image bowhubnterups
Jun 2016
The pilots choice Helicopter excursion was great. It was a once in a lifetime adventure. We went to and walked on 2 glaciers. It's expensive so You have to way out how it fits into Your budget
Read bowhubnterups's full Celebrity Solstice cruise review
Member Image whitewine82
Jun 2016
I was terrified of going on this but it was FANTASTIC and am so glad I went
Read whitewine82's full Celebrity Infinity cruise review
Member Image csmith_44
Jun 2016
Took a helicopter ride to Mendenhall Glacier, got out and walked around a few minutes, took a picture, looked at a crevice, drank water from a little stream on the glacier, got in helicopter and went back. Way overpriced. We regret having spent $700 for the two of us to do this excursion. We would not recommend it based on our experience and for the price. The price did not match the experience at all.
Read csmith_44's full Golden Princess cruise review
Member Image rcclfanbp
Jun 2016
We did a helicopter tour of Mendenhall Glacier through the ship. The tour was operated by a professional organization that delivered a great experience,
Read rcclfanbp's full Radiance of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image Nicknet
see above.
Read Nicknet's full Volendam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image Beyond the Sunrise
May 2016
Beautiful views over the glacier to the dog sledding camp. Take you motion sickness medications if needed.
Read Beyond the Sunrise's full Celebrity Solstice cruise review
Member Image WECoyote
May 2016
The weather was the typical cold and rainy Juneau weather, but the trip to and landing on two different glaciers was exhilarating. We landed on Humphry and Mendanhall Glaciers. We also saw mountain goats at Humphry and got to fly right up to them. All in all it was outstanding
Read WECoyote's full Celebrity Millennium cruise review
Member Image Sandal23
Sep 2015
This was a once and a lifetime experience. First flying over the beautiful Glaciers of Juneau and then to be able to land and walk around on one, drink the crystal blue glacial water! Our pilot was very passionate about the glaciers and was very happy to share his wealth of knowledge. He was very helpful with my Mother so she was also able to get out and have a walk around too!
Read Sandal23's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Provider: Coastal Helicopters
Member Image flskiergirl
Aug 2015
Juneau: Extended Helicopter Glacier Trek (JU10) Beyond Amazing. This is by far my favorite excursion that I’ve ever done. The helicopter ride was amazing. We had such a great clear day with amazing views. Our glacier trek was gorgeous and the ice climbing was so much fun. Our two guides were excellent. I really cannot recommend this tour enough. We were certainly hesitant due to the cost but we both agreed that it was well worth it. I was very impressed with the organization of this company. On meeting at the dock they took our weight and shoe size so that when we arrived at their shop all of our gear was ready to go. They provided waterproof pants, jacket, gloves, boots, and backpack. You had to wear their jacket (unless your own was red) and boots, but you had the choice on the pants and gloves. I already had my own but was happy that I took theirs as an additional layer. My gloves got soaking wet climbing and I was happy that I had my own dry ones in the backpack to switch to. They provided a labeled tote bag to leave behind anything that we wanted. Such an excellent system.
Read flskiergirl's full Celebrity Infinity cruise review
Member Image vpowerfiles
Jul 2015
One of the most fun things I've ever done. Got to be brakeman while the dogs ran their training course. Just thrilling, but I am a dog person. Helicopter pilots were super smooth. Great views of the glaciers.
Read vpowerfiles's full Celebrity Solstice cruise review
Provider: Coastal Helicopters
Member Image Ldanna
Jul 2015
10 stars best thing I did!! This was the ONLY-companywho did both dog sledding AND 2nd landing on ice field!! The pilot was awesome filled up our water bottles w glacier water took pics explained things, just loved it!!! If you can do only one thing in Alaska besides Denali land on a glacier ice field!!!
Read Ldanna's full Radiance of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Coastal helicopters
Member Image bays
Jul 2015
As we rode the helicopter to the glacier to go dog sledding, we were given a tour of the area around Juneau with its many mountains and glaciers. Spectacular!!
Read bays's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image kcooke316@gmail.com
Jul 2015
Best Experience of My Life!!!!! I am not exaggerating. This was amazing. We took the second level - the Trek. it was fantastic. Our helicopter guide took us for an amazing ride over the ice fields and glaciers. Walking on the glacier, climbing up and down hills, tasting the water. Wow. I can not put words to it!
Read kcooke316@gmail.com's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image battleaxel@msn.com
Jul 2015
Beautiful day! We landed on Herbert Glacier, drank glacier water and got some spectacular photos!
Read battleaxel@msn.com's full Jewel of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Coastal
Member Image Missymo
Jul 2015
Highlight of trip. Went dog sledding in the snow for 45 minutes in dog camp. Then flew to the Glacier itself.
Read Missymo's full Celebrity Solstice cruise review
Provider: Coastal Helicopter Tours
Member Image Rsun
Excellent!!!
Read Rsun's full Ruby Princess cruise review
Member Image captainarby
Great ride. Good views.
Read captainarby's full Regatta cruise review
Provider: Oceania Cruises
Member Image Garry S
Excellent tour and service
Read Garry S's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Provider: Coastal Helicopter
Member Image irisarbor
Jun 2015
We took the helicopter flight that landed on the glacier, then got to spend about 30 min on the glacier, walking and learning. Bring a water bottle to fill. Dress warm. It was AWESOME!!! BEST EVER!!! Then we went to the salmon bake which was kind of meh-food wise, but it was a beautiful setting with a gorgeous waterfall behind it.
Read irisarbor's full Grand Princess cruise review
Member Image Gailela1
Jun 2015
We were lucky to have sunny weather so our experience was amazing. Coastal accommodated the three families and the staff was professional and friendly.
Read Gailela1's full Radiance of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Coastal
Member Image danieller811
Jun 2015
Very cool. After a short helicopter ride over Mendenhall glacier we set down for a short walk on the top. It was chilly but worth it. I even put my hand in the stream to try some glacier water!
Read danieller811's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review