Halifax Historic Tour Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Halifax Shore Excursions > Historic Tour

Visit the major landmarks of coastal Halifax and explore the fascinating city on an historic tour excursion. Explore one of the largest harbors in the world and delve into its rich history, including the key role it played during the aftermath of the Titanic tragedy.

caligirlnyc

The tour I took was a historic, walking tour. We walked through the Halifax Public Gardens, past the Citadel, and to the waterfront. What a long walk! I thought it would be only two hours, but the tour guide had us walking for over 3! He was a nice guy, informative, but boring. I got to take a lot of pictures, but there was not a lot of places to rest. We walked all through Halifax. I felt I got my money's worth, but my feet were so tired by the end. So, it's inexpensive, but be prepared with comfortable shoes, and some water. We probably walked on the hottest day Halifax has had all year. It was 85 degrees that day!

Provider: Carnival Cruise Lines

lmd4941977

this is a beautiful city with lots to see. I really loved the Fort and the Victorian gardens. We traveled thru historic areas and learned about the history. Afterwards there was plenty of time to do the boardwalk.

Provider: Royal Caribbean International

Beersnob

1 review

It was a big deal for me to finally visit the Fairview Cemetery where so many Titanic victims were buried. We also got a tour around the city, site of where the ice rink morgue was, etc. It also included admission to the Maritime Museum which had artifacts from Titanic that had never been salvaged, but rather pulled out of the ocean when teh tragedy occurred. My only complaint was a wish I'd been told the Acadia exhibit closed at 3p, hours before the rest of the museum. I didn't get to board her because of that.

Provider: Royal Caribbean International

eagle1966

1 review

tour guide was ADD,couldn,t finish a thought,raved about a wooden church only to find out it eas locked,the titanic experience wsa wonderful,lost two more passengers,had to wait finally to forestall a mutiny,we left,upon leaving the tardy couple arrived to many unkind comments

Provider: Cunard Line

retiring soon

We went to the cemetery where 100+ victims are buried & stayed there quite a while. Next we went to the museum where we had a guided tour & some free time. Because we had time left our guide took us to the public garden which was really beautiful,assorted Dahlias were in bloom & ducks were diving in the stream.

Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line