Skagway Gold Panning Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Skagway Shore Excursions > Gold Panning

Catch the gold fever searching for yellow nuggets in the heart of historic Skagway.

Tarheelmama

Pretty corny.

Provider: Disney Cruise Line

JudyA_TX

1 review

I really didn't like this bit at all. It was SO touristy. I felt as though I was at Six Flags and being shuttled through just so I could end up in the gift shop to buy gold jewelry. Yes, we had the chance to try panning for gold in warm water troughs. And, yes, I did end up finding $14.66 worth of gold flakes (according to the woman who weighed my gold in the gift shop). But that was about it. I wouldn't do that again.

Milenka17

1 review

We panned for gold in Liarsville, but it was a little silly. You were given a pan that they put gold in and you had to get gold out using the techniques they showed you. We got a few flakes.

baruchgershom

We went on the Liarsville gold panning. We were more interested in the show than finding gold. The show was cute.

Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line

Vietri Sul Mare

Gold panning was fun and more difficult that what I expected!

Gcjcruisers

1 review

Gold panning was very fun to participate in. The characters were very entertaining. And I had more gold in my pan than my wife, which made it all worth while. When you take your gold to have it weighed and sold, don't have them put it into the plastic vials. Keep it in the black film canisters. You can pick up a small glass vile for only a couple of bucks instead of paying the $20.00 for them to put it in one there.

Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line

candidcio

1 review

We were looking for a quick, inexpensive excursion in Skagway. We went to the Liarsvile camp and salmon bake. The food was good, but not great. The folks were very friendly and entertaining. It was educational, but a little campy, so you have to bring the right attitude. Afterwards I realized that the ship docked at an excellent trail (Devil's lake). I did get a chance to hike that rail (up a steep hill). It was lovely and if I were doing it again I would go on the free hike to get some exercise and catch some beautiful views. There is an internet cafe with several computers you you can rent cheaply. I had to take care of some work and this place saved my bacon.

Provider: Royal Caribbean International