Skagway Helicopter Tour Excursion Reviews

Skagway Helicopter Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Nothing beats observing Alaska from the air! Choose a helicopter tour for a bird’s-eye view of Skagway’s spectacular countryside and icy glaciers.
Member Image funkypanda
Sep 2014

The walk from the cruise ship to the helicopter port was very far. There is a shuttle and I would check for this because you can take the shuttle back to the ship. The helicopter takes you to the Mead Glacier and the views are spectacular. The glacier looks like the moon. It is just incredible. We were blessed with Sunny Weather and if you get good weather, I would strongly recommend doing this.

Read funkypanda's full Celebrity Solstice cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image petals1958
Sep 2014

We did the helicopter first. Expensive but worth every penny. my first time in one and is was smooth flying. The view was simply breath taking. all my pictures that were taken look like the could be post cards. It was cold up here, about 40 degress. Dress in layers. The guides were great and also informative. To walk around on a glacier and experience was one of a kind.

Read petals1958's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image sstip
Aug 2014

The helicopter ride was AMAZING!!! Well organized and fun to land and walk around on a glacier, because everyone in the group cooperated we had extra time to see things. the dog sled portion was cancelled due to the amount of rain in August. Skagway was my favorite town, very quaint, when you viewed it from the ship it reminded my of the show Northern Exposure. I would suggest that the cars that will take you to and fro continue with frequent shuttles towards the end of the day. we ran out of time and did not get to the falls and if the shuttles had ran longer we would have been able to get closer and would have made the walk in a timely manner.

Read sstip's full Oosterdam cruise review
Provider: Temsco Tours
Member Image Blingz
Sep 2013

Glacier Helicopter trip with Temesco. You are briefed on helicopter safety while being driven from the ship to the Temesco headquarters where you are fitted with Glacier boots that fit over your shoes/ boots and a life jacket. There were 8 passengers per chopper. The trip to the Glacier was absolutely amazing!!! We probably only spent about 45 minutes on the Glacier. We were toured by our Glacier Guides around the area. The huge boulders and the beautiful blue ice is really something to see. It's very very cold and it was also raining on us too. You are not allowed to take any bags at all with you. I had to put my good camera and iPhone (camera) away because of the rain and use my waterproof camera for most of the pictures. Being on this Glacier put its size into prospective!be sure to wear a good rain jacket!! I highly recommend this trip!

Read Blingz's full Star Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image ggroggey
Sep 2013

We booked our helicopter tour independently with TEMSCO Helicopters. This trip is a thrill of a lifetime, landing on a glacier and drinking the fresh glacier water. Although it is quite pricey, you can save booking it yourself and it is a must do! I was the most scared of this excursion but it was worth it! I took so many amazing pictures. TEMSCO was very professional and our guide was wonderful. I think his name was Mike. Highly recommended!

Read ggroggey's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Member Image aautomo884
Jul 2013

Excellent excursion..must do

Read aautomo884's full Star Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image jrbrack
Sep 2012
Great group of young people, very professional,knowledgeable.
Read jrbrack's full Star Princess cruise review
Provider: temsco
Member Image Tigerlily70
Aug 2012
Cancelled due to weather.
Read Tigerlily70's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image MRANDMRSSKGORDON
Aug 2012
We missed the notation in the literature that the ride is a mere 10 - 15 minutes long. It was nice but really not worth the $ - especially since we'd done the float plane. We were lucky that we were seated in the front 2 spots next to the pilot. We could see well out of the front bubble. But if you were in the middle in the back, it'd probably stink. Also, the flight is swift so photos are hard to do. Choppers were in good condition and the company itself - which is right by the ship - seems to be well run.
Read MRANDMRSSKGORDON's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image Peng You
Jul 2012
The pilot gave an excellent narration on the way to the glacier landing and, while I was a bit nervous before taking my first helicopter flight, the fliight was wonderful. We were outfitted with vests and cleated overshoes before taking off, and the weather was a bit cloudy, but I wore thermals and a sweater and was completely comfortable. The only problem I had but being nervous about jumping across the crevasses, but I was helped by some of the other passengers and never made to feel I was a burden.
Read Peng You's full Sea Princess cruise review
Provider: Orbitz
Member Image gra2172
Jun 2012
We took the helicopter and dogsledding adventure. This was worth every cent. The helicopter took us on a tour of the area before setting down on the glacier for our dog sled. The guides and dogs were all friendly and while it looks easy, dogsledding is really a work out!
Read gra2172's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image jkingusa
Jun 2012
Skagway was cute, but not much to do. Took helicopter excursion which landed on a glacier. It was beautiful, but definitely not worth the money. Helicopter trip was short and value wasn't there.
Read jkingusa's full Silver Shadow cruise review
Provider: Silversea Cruises
Member Image cabarr
Jun 2012
Tour cancelled and rescheduled for afternoon... Never told us, afternoon cancelled as well so we couldn't rebook... Tried to get us to spend 200 more for dog sledding... Very disappointed... with No other options... Messed up our day in Skagway!
Read cabarr's full Rhapsody of the Seas cruise review