Skagway Helicopter Tour Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Skagway Shore Excursions > Helicopter Tour

Nothing beats observing Alaska from the air! Choose a helicopter tour for a bird’s-eye view of Skagway’s spectacular countryside and icy glaciers.

Blingz

1 review

Glacier Helicopter trip with Temesco. You are briefed on helicopter safety while being driven from the ship to the Temesco headquarters where you are fitted with Glacier boots that fit over your shoes/ boots and a life jacket. There were 8 passengers per chopper. The trip to the Glacier was absolutely amazing!!! We probably only spent about 45 minutes on the Glacier. We were toured by our Glacier Guides around the area. The huge boulders and the beautiful blue ice is really something to see. It's very very cold and it was also raining on us too. You are not allowed to take any bags at all with you. I had to put my good camera and iPhone (camera) away because of the rain and use my waterproof camera for most of the pictures. Being on this Glacier put its size into prospective!be sure to wear a good rain jacket!! I highly recommend this trip!

Provider: Princess Cruises

ggroggey

1 review

We booked our helicopter tour independently with TEMSCO Helicopters. This trip is a thrill of a lifetime, landing on a glacier and drinking the fresh glacier water. Although it is quite pricey, you can save booking it yourself and it is a must do! I was the most scared of this excursion but it was worth it! I took so many amazing pictures. TEMSCO was very professional and our guide was wonderful. I think his name was Mike. Highly recommended!

aautomo884

Excellent excursion..must do

Provider: Princess Cruises

jrbrack

1 review

Great group of young people, very professional,knowledgeable.

Provider: Independent Operator

Tigerlily70

1 review

Cancelled due to weather.

MRANDMRSSKGORDON

1 review

We missed the notation in the literature that the ride is a mere 10 - 15 minutes long. It was nice but really not worth the $ - especially since we'd done the float plane. We were lucky that we were seated in the front 2 spots next to the pilot. We could see well out of the front bubble. But if you were in the middle in the back, it'd probably stink. Also, the flight is swift so photos are hard to do. Choppers were in good condition and the company itself - which is right by the ship - seems to be well run.

Peng You

1 review

The pilot gave an excellent narration on the way to the glacier landing and, while I was a bit nervous before taking my first helicopter flight, the fliight was wonderful. We were outfitted with vests and cleated overshoes before taking off, and the weather was a bit cloudy, but I wore thermals and a sweater and was completely comfortable. The only problem I had but being nervous about jumping across the crevasses, but I was helped by some of the other passengers and never made to feel I was a burden.

Provider: Independent Operator

gra2172

We took the helicopter and dogsledding adventure. This was worth every cent. The helicopter took us on a tour of the area before setting down on the glacier for our dog sled. The guides and dogs were all friendly and while it looks easy, dogsledding is really a work out!

jkingusa

1 review

Skagway was cute, but not much to do. Took helicopter excursion which landed on a glacier. It was beautiful, but definitely not worth the money. Helicopter trip was short and value wasn't there.

Provider: Silversea Cruises

cabarr

Tour cancelled and rescheduled for afternoon... Never told us, afternoon cancelled as well so we couldn't rebook... Tried to get us to spend 200 more for dog sledding... Very disappointed... with No other options... Messed up our day in Skagway!

Provider: Royal Caribbean International