Juneau Canoeing Excursion Reviews

Juneau Canoeing cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Experience the Alaskan wildlife and landscape up close and personal as you paddle in a traditional Tlingit-style canoe.
Member Image Squonk63
Aug 2016
We paddled to Mendenhall Glacier, and enjoyed it a lot. Our guide was great. There were only 4 of us on the 30-foot-long canoe (usually 12 or so), so it was a bit strenuous, but overall it was great.
Read Squonk63's full Island Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image GideonS
Aug 2016
Canoe excursion across Mendenhall Lake to the toe of Mendenhall Glacier was much better than the hike. Excellent views of both the glacier and Nugget Falls from close up. Our guide was skilled and very informative.
Read GideonS's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Read Pennstatedj's full Celebrity Solstice cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image wh1600
May 2016
Mendenhall Glacier Canoe. Not worth the time and effort. Go the visitor center, hike to the waterfall and you'll have just as good of a view for free and you can stay longer looking at the Glacier.
Read wh1600's full Island Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image ricearoni161
Sep 2015
HIGHLY recommend! 4.5 mile canoe trip across Mendenhall Lake to see Mendenhall Glacier and Nugget Falls. Snacks and raingear included. Guide was awesome! We went in the rain and wind, but I was comfortable except the windburn on my face. Rowing was not that hard and breaks could be taken as needed. We got to go up to an iceberg and a bald eagle landed on it while there. We also got out of the canoe right by Nugget Falls, which was in full force. Best part of my cruise!
Read ricearoni161's full Norwegian Sun cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image Miss Jane C
Aug 2015
Mended hall Glacier Native canoe. Paddled to view glacier, into spray of waterfall, beach stop, icebergs and paddle return. Heavy gear and strenuous that takes away from experience because you just want to not paddle anymore. Our guide was very nice though.
Read Miss Jane C's full Volendam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image canela41
Jun 2015
We thought we were going to see more wild life than we did and that we were going to get closer to the glacier. That said I got close to Bald Eagle about10 ft away and I was able to take the most awesome picture so I don't regret it would do it again.
Read canela41's full Celebrity Millennium cruise review