Juneau Hiking Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Juneau Shore Excursions > Hiking

Juneau's trails offer the perfect opportunity for hiking throughout the area. Enjoy learning about Alaska's unique wildlife while catching glimpses on its popular species.

mbjbride06

1 review

The hiking tour was superb! We did about 4.5 miles on trails around the park area surrounding the Mendenhall. Loved getting out in the fresh air on a gorgeous day. Great guide.

elpyjabapol

Excellent hike with Jonny from Gastineau Guiding.

Jatimer

Did the Guide Choice Hike. Had beautiful sunshine and a great day. We did it with our teens. There were two other couples also in our party. The hike was described as a hard hike. It was a really good climb at a fairly brisk pace but not extreme. We saw the salmon heading upriver and had tremendous views of the glacier and mountains. Had a really good guide, Cortney, who was confident and informative. We were given a couple of choices of things to do. It was a great workout, informative, and gave views those who just shuttle over to the glacier do not get. Our guide even extended our time by a little bit to try to find bears (which we never did see). We arrived back at the ship at around 12:15 so still had time to see some of Juneau's downtown.

Provider: Celebrity Cruises

Thoth

Guide's choice hike to Mendenhall Glacier...wet, very wet....but lots of fun !

Kodiaktexas

1 review

We visited the glaciar and hiked out to the waterfall. Everything was beautiful.

ihatecruising

1 review

Our guide was a bit of a novice, but the hike itself was beautiful and about 5 miles.

Provider: Disney Cruise Line

newcruiserATL

1 review

Friendly guide, great views.

Provider: Royal Caribbean International

kc1126

1 review

I can't say much about the city because I didn't walk it or go shopping. However, take advantage of the hiking and other nature excursions in order to see the "real" Alaska - skip the annoying jewelry shops!

Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line

elaine3Southport

1 review

Saw Bald eagles in city dump next to WalMart.

oiler_fan11

1 review

We rented a car from Rent-A-Wreck and after stopping at the Alaskan Brewing Company for free samples, we drove out to Mendenhall Glacier. We stopped into the Visitor Center to watch the new movie "Glacier on the Move" and then hiked the East Glacier Loop. It was amazing how packed the visitor center was and how NO one was on the trail. The trail offered breathtaking views of the glacier, waterfalls and rain forest. It was also a great hour long up and down workout. We then drove "Out the Road" with stops at the Shrine of St. Therese and Eagle Beach. A beautiful drive!

Staffieri

1 review

Me and my 13 year old son did the level II. The weather was horrible, so I can't imagine how much better the sites would look in clear weather. When I called I could not have received better service and information. The customer service from phone call to guide was outstanding. This is a very expensive tour about $399 a person. It is a once an lifetime experience. They picked us up and brought us to the office. Here you receive lots of help and gear. Your gear is jacket, pants, boots, ice crampons, fanny pack with snack and water, helmet, all the gear you can imagine to go hiking on a glacier. Remember this is not a walk on the ice. It is an adventure!! You are out on the glacier for two hours. Our guide was amazing at giving us instructions, pointing out and showing us amazing sites. And drinking the fresh water. There were only 5 of us. So it felt very personnel. The helicopter ride was very exciting. I am 40 years old and overweight and I could do this but it was hard and a workout. My son loved it and had no problems. Next time ice climbing!!