Ocho Rios Zip-lining Excursion Reviews

Ocho Rios Zip-lining cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Journey across Ocho Rios’ lush, tropical rainforest on a zipline that sends you whizzing across a cable strung between a series of tree-to-tree platforms.
Member Image MY79TA
Oct 2016
It was great to zipline through the Rain Forest, with a total of 5 ziplines. The guides were great and had the right personality for this excursion.
Read MY79TA's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image sean4776@hotmail.com
May 2016
Zip-lining was great. Guides were awesome!
Read sean4776@hotmail.com's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image jusiag
Apr 2016
Combo with the tubing, three zip sections, slight drizzle which sped things up. Again, something worth doing at least once. Beautiful resort area. You can buy lunch extra and recommend it.
Read jusiag's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image phelp1ma
Jan 2016
Zip lining was brief and done right after the river Tubing
Read phelp1ma's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image watermistress
Dec 2015
Zip lining was fun, can't say about the wait because we were jumped ahead of 3 other groups because they had two people not show up and we took their place.
Read watermistress's full Norwegian Spirit cruise review
Member Image Cheddarhead Cruiser
Mar 2015
Here was a tour that I was excited to take. I had been zip-lining before but this was my wifes first time trying it. My wife is a bigger women and although she was under the weight limit the tour operator did not have a harness that would fit for her body type as she is very hippy. It also seemed very unorganized when it came to getting us hooked up. That resulted in our tour returning back late and not allowing us to do any further shopping in Ocho Rios.
Read Cheddarhead Cruiser's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image joevancil
Mar 2015
My first zip-line. I really enjoyed the experience, although I had a bit of trouble staying the direction I wanted to face on the zip-line. Worth doing.
Read joevancil's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image neueruhr
Mar 2015
Went zip-lining through Princess. Was a good excursion. Not as many zip-lines as I would have liked but with the group it took just the right amount of time. Bring bug spray as there are mosquitos.
Read neueruhr's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image vv3104
Feb 2015

Great staff running the zip line! They were friendly, helpful, encouraging and very entertaining!
The store staff, on the other hand, was not as friendly - she seemed a little bothered by the friendliness of the other staff and the customers and i don't remember her even cracking a smile.
Be ready for a 'rough' (but entertaining!) ride to the zip-line, wear old shoes and trust the staff (they reminded us repeatedly that their role was to keep us safe and that they did!).

Read vv3104's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image MaconAMess
Feb 2015

We did the Zip Line Adventure excursion. We took a van from the port to excursion. The driver was courteous and told us about the island as we traveled. The staff at the zip line were young Jamaican men, like late teens or early 20s. They had great personalities and I was extremely impressed with their professionalism and safety awareness. You would have thought there was an OSHA inspector watching their every move. 6 stars for Safety! 6 stars for staff. This was our first zip line experience and we had a blast.

Read MaconAMess's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image hail2eman
Feb 2015

The Bobsled was fast and exciting the run throught the jungle with all the curves and picked up some pretty good speed. It was like mini roller coaster build for one. Found it interesting that you climb the mountain at the end of the ride instead of at the beginning.

Read hail2eman's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image jpaolucc
Dec 2014

The canopy tour in Ocho Rios was a bit of a drive, but worth it. You really felt like you were in the middle of the jungle and the walk back through the natural area was nice as well.

Read jpaolucc's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image meganh2496
Dec 2014

If you've never zip-lined, Ocho Rios would be a good one to try it at. The zipline was fun, but it was really the staff that wins the award. They're always joking or just being nice; they were great!

Read meganh2496's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image thenewcruise2014
Nov 2014

I actually did a combo zip-lining/river tubing combo booked via Carnival and Chukka was the tour provider.

First thing the ship got in a little later than expected I think. We got off the ship and the people "organizing" the transportation was absolutely disorganized. You're crammed in an unairconditioned building and you can hardly hear anyone. There seemed to be only one lady to knew what was going on and she was making it up as she was going along.

The drive was a bit insane. The one lane two direction roads. The driver seemed to know what he was doing but was sleeping just before so made me a little uneasy.

They don't tell you which you're doing first so half of the people were dressed for zip lining and the other half river tubing. We went to place to get helmets and for people to change. People took bloody forever and the lady who was running our tour/transportation didn't bother to help move people along. We left a little late and had to go 3 miles up the river to the tubing place.

The zip-ling was lack luster. I will say it's good for beginners. Since I had not gone before I was wasn't sure what to expect. If you've gone before you probably won't like this. There wasn't much explanation either. You couldn't really understand them because they'd speak in their dialect a lot and I think they thought it was funny that no one could really understand them.

I did feel a bit pressured to tip...when instead you should feel they genuinely deserve it...not like you're being hustled.

Read thenewcruise2014's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Member Image SurferLou
Mar 2014

If you combine the zip line with anything else, you get a very abbreviated zip line experience that I didn't think was worth it. You get three zip stations, two of which aren't very high off the ground and relatively short.

Read SurferLou's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image posidons crabshack
Feb 2014

Benn zipping in Mexico and Alaska and St Maarten.This one was fun but I wished the had more than just 5 zip lines.

Read posidons crabshack's full Eurodam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image mplus1
Feb 2014

When we were suiting up for zipline, they added another group with ours, people we did not know from another cruise ship, therefore it took over half hour to get us all suited to zip. As we zipped they kept adding more and more to our group so we had to wait what seemed like an hour at each of the zip. Zip-lining is to be zipping and zipping, from one to the next, not zip and take a nap. We were then to go to river tubing but we were out of time, had to begin the 1/ 1/2 hr trek in our mini van from the junk yard, back to the ship. Good Hope Estates is very disorganized and HA should stop excursion to there until they get themselves together. We did not get to view the photos they had taken of us, not shopping and to go to the bathroom, we had to do that on the run. Another disappointing day involving the EURODAM. Pretty much a wasted week of our lives on a disappointing cruise. NEVER would have expected this from HA.

Arrived at the small van that took us to Good Hope Estates, 1 1/2 hr away. the van was small and bench seats for our noncomfort. VERY uncomfortable for the long ride on these crazy roads with even crazier drivers. Waited over half hour for all participants to arrive then off we go. driver and tour quide were the best thing of the day. Friendly, informative and very professional. We arrived at Good Hope Estates but they are so disorganized no one was certain where we were to go, finally we went to the ATV course. My son's side by side ATV had to be started by rubbing 2 wires together and the steering was horrible.

Read mplus1's full Eurodam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image flychick737
Feb 2014

We zipline/river tubbed in Jamaica and we saddened by the poor trip from start to finish and being returned back to the ship late! The excursion was a level 3(the hardest) and it was more of a lazy river tube and only 3 zipline stops. At $89/adult......it was very disappointing!

The bus left late (waiting for two people who never arrived) 45min drive each way, then a slow lazy river tube with guides demanding tips at the end, a quick dry off and change (while the other 12 people waited for us 4) then to rush us through a 'zip line' that was low, slow and had only three lines to it!!! Then back on the bus to rush back to the ship for 1230 all on board and we boarded at 1236 Sure glad we were on a ship excursion......

Read flychick737's full Costa Luminosa cruise review
Provider: Costa Cruises
Member Image lpavlak
Feb 2014

Had a great time zip-lining. Felt a little rushed thru each zip line, but they were friendly and safety was always on their minds. Also, a little over priced.

Read lpavlak's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Member Image Chappy3
Jun 2013

We did the Zip line/Tubing excursion.

The Zip line was an absolute joke with 3 lines total and very little in the way of scenery
The tubing was very scenic and I would advise doing just this and saving the $40 that the zipline cost in addition.Photos were $40 and very low resolution. We were not provided juice/water as the brochure promised and meals/drinks were additional. Also each and every person that works there wants a tip and isn't shy about asking

Read Chappy3's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image da_p-potts
Apr 2013
Physically, a bit demanding, but well-worth the money. Highly recommended.
Read da_p-potts's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image JWeCruiser
Apr 2013

The zip-lining was a great excursion. The guides were a lot of fun and I felt safe at all times. I'm not a big fan of heights but this was really a lot of fun!

Read JWeCruiser's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image LLA68
Feb 2013
First time for me, and I was nervous but they put safety first and it was cool zipping thru the tree tops.
Read LLA68's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image BstnCruiser
Jan 2013
TON OF FUN!
Read BstnCruiser's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image VAWCB
Jan 2013
Jermaine, our guide, was very knowledgeable, very personable, and an excellent communicator. The ride to and from the activity was OK but the actual zip-lining was a blast.
Read VAWCB's full Coral Princess cruise review