Ocho Rios Zip-lining Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Ocho Rios Shore Excursions > Zip-lining

Journey across Ocho Rios’ lush, tropical rainforest on a zipline that sends you whizzing across a cable strung between a series of tree-to-tree platforms.

SurferLou

If you combine the zip line with anything else, you get a very abbreviated zip line experience that I didn't think was worth it. You get three zip stations, two of which aren't very high off the ground and relatively short.

posidons crabshack

1 review

Benn zipping in Mexico and Alaska and St Maarten.This one was fun but I wished the had more than just 5 zip lines.

Provider: Holland America Line

mplus1

1 review

When we were suiting up for zipline, they added another group with ours, people we did not know from another cruise ship, therefore it took over half hour to get us all suited to zip. As we zipped they kept adding more and more to our group so we had to wait what seemed like an hour at each of the zip. Zip-lining is to be zipping and zipping, from one to the next, not zip and take a nap. We were then to go to river tubing but we were out of time, had to begin the 1/ 1/2 hr trek in our mini van from the junk yard, back to the ship. Good Hope Estates is very disorganized and HA should stop excursion to there until they get themselves together. We did not get to view the photos they had taken of us, not shopping and to go to the bathroom, we had to do that on the run. Another disappointing day involving the EURODAM. Pretty much a wasted week of our lives on a disappointing cruise. NEVER would have expected this from HA.

Arrived at the small van that took us to Good Hope Estates, 1 1/2 hr away. the van was small and bench seats for our noncomfort. VERY uncomfortable for the long ride on these crazy roads with even crazier drivers. Waited over half hour for all participants to arrive then off we go. driver and tour quide were the best thing of the day. Friendly, informative and very professional. We arrived at Good Hope Estates but they are so disorganized no one was certain where we were to go, finally we went to the ATV course. My son's side by side ATV had to be started by rubbing 2 wires together and the steering was horrible.

Provider: Holland America Line

flychick737

1 review

We zipline/river tubbed in Jamaica and we saddened by the poor trip from start to finish and being returned back to the ship late! The excursion was a level 3(the hardest) and it was more of a lazy river tube and only 3 zipline stops. At $89/adult......it was very disappointing!

The bus left late (waiting for two people who never arrived) 45min drive each way, then a slow lazy river tube with guides demanding tips at the end, a quick dry off and change (while the other 12 people waited for us 4) then to rush us through a 'zip line' that was low, slow and had only three lines to it!!! Then back on the bus to rush back to the ship for 1230 all on board and we boarded at 1236 Sure glad we were on a ship excursion......

Provider: Costa Cruises

lpavlak

1 review

Had a great time zip-lining. Felt a little rushed thru each zip line, but they were friendly and safety was always on their minds. Also, a little over priced.

Chappy3

1 review

We did the Zip line/Tubing excursion.

The Zip line was an absolute joke with 3 lines total and very little in the way of scenery
The tubing was very scenic and I would advise doing just this and saving the $40 that the zipline cost in addition.Photos were $40 and very low resolution. We were not provided juice/water as the brochure promised and meals/drinks were additional. Also each and every person that works there wants a tip and isn't shy about asking

da_p-potts

1 review

Physically, a bit demanding, but well-worth the money. Highly recommended.

JWeCruiser

1 review

The zip-lining was a great excursion. The guides were a lot of fun and I felt safe at all times. I'm not a big fan of heights but this was really a lot of fun!

LLA68

1 review

First time for me, and I was nervous but they put safety first and it was cool zipping thru the tree tops.

BstnCruiser

TON OF FUN!

VAWCB

1 review

Jermaine, our guide, was very knowledgeable, very personable, and an excellent communicator. The ride to and from the activity was OK but the actual zip-lining was a blast.

Provider: Princess Cruises

FraudBroad

Wednesday we arrived in Jamaica. My dad, sister and kids had booked the zip line tour through Yardie Tours while my mother and I opted to walk around the port and do a bit of shopping. According to my dad, the tour with Yardie was one of the best he'd EVER had. They all loved the zip line and had a great time. My father stated he didn't think he'd ever been on a tour that was as great as that one!

Provider: Independent Operator

daisybug72

1 review

Beautiful adventure. We were disappointed with the long lines and waiting at each point, and also disappointed at being unable to bring our camera - we were told we weren't allowed. The staff were extremely friendly.

Thoc123

1 review

The tour guides were AWESOME and very funny. They were pranksters and if you didn't watch out, they would scare the crap out of you with some of the pranks. 1 of the best times we have had in a long time. I would HIGHLY recommend it.

radtechmom

From Dunn's River Falls, we were taken to the zipline. They provided a good chicken, rice and coleslaw lunch in a covered pavillion which was very good. From there, we were harnessed with equipment. We were driven up to the starting point - but had to hike about 10 minutes down through the woods - can be difficult for people that are unsteady - the zipline was fun and went through about 6 ziplines altogether. Our guides were great and very helpful. After we were finished, we had another 10 minutes of hiking. We would do this again! Wear closed toe shoes!

Provider: Royal Caribbean International

stonemanor

We were in Ocho Rio and took a very quick bus ride to Mystic Mountain. Recommend it highly. We had an exciting time doing the zip line. Even us old ones had a great time. It had five stations and a 35-foot vertical drop which really takes your breath away. The guides on the zip line take very good care of you and it is truly exciting. I was apprehensive because I don't do heights but I'd love to do it again.

DeliaPug

We went on a zip-line excursion through the rain forest. The operators of the zip line were competent and I never feared that anything would go wrong. It was amazing to see this beautiful place from that perspective.

Provider: Royal Caribbean International

WEIGHTWATCHER101

1 review

The Jamacian men that worked there made it the best time ever. Had so much fun. It was scarey but so happy I did it.