Ocho Rios Island Tour Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Ocho Rios Shore Excursions > Island Tour

Choose to embark on a island excursion tour while in port at Ocho-Rios. This informative tour will touch upon the city's rich history as well as take you to the island's must see attractions.

Shynook11

Took our kids on the Bob Marley tour. Long drive through rural/ primative areas so hubby could pay homage to Bob Marley. The only tour we could find that would take kids 7 & 10. Ship tour was 18+. Excellent tour with side trips only provided to us by the tour. A+++

spazilla1

We did the tour of the town with a lunch and a swim at the beach - both were great, and we were there long enough to enjoy the water and eat at a leisurely pace, my DH even had a 15 minute massage. The people were terrific, but you could see the damage was still everywhere from the hurricane in 2004 I think. The island was beautiful ! Our tour guide was knowledgeable about the area and funny!

Provider: Carnival Cruise Lines

dhernan81

We did our own tour with a cab driver and he was extremely expensive $120 for 2 hours for 4 people with no tip. He took us off the beaten path which was cool but again not worth the price. We saw two different waterfalls one on somebodies property that we had to give a donation for climbing and the other at the Ruins restaurant for another donation and another donation to view the gardens. Our driver to local restaurant for jerk chicken or pork and they ran out, he took us to local fish market for Fish fry, we bought fried tuna and me and my 13 yr old loved it. The Jamaicans are very pushy in your face, everyone looking for a dollar from your pocket. One kid did flips down the mountain in the rode in front of our cab, we had to give it up to him, he surly entertained, we were amazed. Others had crafts, pushing them in your face while driving in the cab. We had to let our driver to put the windows up and drive and we would let him know when we wanted something. Prepare for donations everywhere.

Yankeecruiser69

1 review

Ochos Rios Jamaica was outstanding. We had a bus tour though Courtney Taylor Tours to see the Spice Man, went inside a public supermarket for cold drinks, lunched at Jamaica meat pie place, went to the Irie Blue hole and dove off the cliffs into the falls, refreshing. We went to an open flea market and the ladies were tough on buying things. We final finished up at Scotchies for jerk chicken, what a treat. Had a wonderful time in Jamaica.

2006prius

1 review

Took us to a museum and then just drove us around.

Provider: Princess Cruises

JoAnn&Mike

http://www.markstours.com/. Mark Morris is who we booked our island tour with and were definitely not disappointed!! Mark is unbelievably knowledgeable and very articulate!!! He's even very knowledgeable about the history of the US and how it compares to Jamaica. You would not be disappointed if you booked your tours with Mark Morris!! It is rather hard to shop in Jamaica. The economy is so bad there the people are so desperate to sell you anything. They seemed to have calmed down quite a bit and will actually say things like "Come over here...I won't be pushy" , so they know what the reputation of Jamaica is. My heart goes out to them, but I just did not feel like I could stop and just take my time and look....so I ended up not getting anything. :(. Now Mark Morris will actually go I the shops with you so we never felt like we were in danger...but just not a relaxed atmosphere.

RNretired

Nice bus ride around part of the Island with some history given. Very good and personable guide. Did not understand about the Falls, that climbing would be in the water so we were unprepared. Enjoyed the botanical gardens but a bit much with all the steps. Shopping was nice in the little Taj Mahal area. Vendors at the falls were a little too aggressive, they scare off more than they attract. Worth the money for the first timer in Jamaica.

Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line

SPFisnew2cruising

1 review

Unfortunately our site seeing tour didn't quite happen. There was a communication error somewhere along the line and all that happened was that we got to stay on their van as they transported people to their destinations. We did however get to see some houses, a school and the jungle. It was very enlightening, just disappointing