Cozumel Bar Hop Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Cozumel Shore Excursions > Bar Hop

Board a bus for a night of dinner and bar hopping as you enjoy some of Cozumel’s most famous spots for tasty local brews.

fresh_air

1 review

The Bar Hop was great! Coconuts was my bar. The staff were extremely friendly and we met some friends that ended up doing the same exact excursions we were doing at other ports. The views were beautiful! Drinks were strong (except at the first bar) and the food was delicious. Be sure to get the coconut shrimp at rastas and the salsa at Coconuts!

VASOXFANN

We booked the Cozumel Bar Hop. an independent company that takes people around to bars on the gorgeous undeveloped side of the island. We met at Senor Frogs and went to 4 different bars. The drinks were strong (with names like Mayan Sacrifice, The Iguana, and Rasta Punch) and the salsa and guacamole delicious and plentiful. We were feeling no pain at the end. I missed dinner that night and slept straight through Belize!

asumatty

1 review

Another great day. Beautiful weather, great group and great tour. This tour is the one where they take you to the uninhabited side of Cozumel to experience a true Caribbean island. No resorts, only a handful of people and beautiful views. We stopped at 4 bars and each one you get a different "shot". Basically a mini-mixed drink. Great tour, very relaxing, hassle-free way to enjoy Cozumel.

croozergrl

This was the best excursion of our trip! Highly organized and a ton of fun! They took us by air conditioned bus to the "other" side of Cozumel where there is no electricity (therefore no credit cards so bring plenty of cash for this one) and took us to 4 beach bars. Each bar was unique and offered gorgeous beaches and a free shot upon arrival. We had a blast with our "babysitters" Coleen and Sylvia and are happy to report that we are officially "fo ho's"! Will definitely do this again next time we are in Cozumel!

Sir_Randy

1 review

We did the Cozumel Bar Hop and had a great time. You might look at the name of this tour and think booze cruise on land, but except for 4 sorority girls that were entertaining and interacted well with the older group, this is not a booze cruise. Yes you were provided a shot at each of the stops, but they were more juice than booze, and you were not forced to drink them, but they were tasty. Each stop offered a great view of the rugged side of the island, and the stops were more restaurant than bar, and the food choices were quite good! Only complaint is that the sound system in the van did not work, so we were not signing between stops and the trip back to the ship. If you want a stress free tour of the other side of the island, I recommend the Bar Hop, even if you do not drink.

FredT

The port of Cozumel is really nothing more than thousands of trashy souvenir stores and bars. Great for the first time you visit, boring after that. We elected to visit the east side of the island, 30 miles of absolutely uninhabited coastline. (It is ALL a national park) What has been permitted is a FEW small, simple beach bars. The best way to see them is the Bar Hop. Fun, laid back, unhurried, and NOT the drunken mob I was fearing. A great way to spend the day.

Inthedark31

1 review

The Bar Hop was a lot of fun. We took a cab down town to meet the operator, and took an air conditioned bus to the other side of the island. We learned about the island, and stopped at four different places. Afterwards we were dropped off at the port and did some shopping.

redxpanda

We booked the Cozumel Bar Hop, before we left home. This is a tour of the island of Cozumel that also stops at 4 beach bars on the uninhabited, beautiful, quiet side of the island. Each stop included a small welcome drink that they are known for locally. The only bad planning on my part is that this tour departs from the Punta Langosta pier, over 2 miles from Puerta Maya, where we were docked. A 5 minute or less cab ride is $8! We decided to save the cash for drinks and walk it. It wasn't bad.

We met up with Tom, whom I had corresponded with online, and our guide Colleen @ Starbucks. Tom and Coleen were incredibly welcoming and nice people. The ride from town over to the 'other side' was quick and included a short history lesson of Cozumel that was interesting and informative. You also get a free shirt! I almost forgot about that. Built in souvenir in the $57 pp price. The 4 stops are all fantastic in their own unique way. Great food and drinks at all the stops. Warning: Stop 3 has a crazy size drink that will do you in! I will recommend this to friends as well as clients in the future. I may even do the hop again myself, in the future.

wecca

1 review

Had a great time on the Cozumel Bar Hop. We got a taxi and went downtown to meet our excursion. We then loaded a bus (41 of us) to go to the eastern side of the island to 4 bars. There is no electricity on the the east side. It is all run by generators or solar power. We had a blast learning about the island on our trip from the leaders. The bar hop also included one drink from each of the bar plus a bar hop t-shirt. It is well worth doing again.

Ernie B

Had a great time visiting the "other side of the island". Went to four different bars all with their own beautiful views and unique flare. The tour was well managed and great fun, even for those that don't imbibe.

Gillimay

1 review

Most fun excursion. Colleen & crew were great and it didn't hurt that it rained at port but not on our side of island!

Northbay

1 review

COZUMEL: We were celebrating our leader and her husband's wedding anniversary, and the group had pre-arranged a BarHop Tour to the east side of the Island in a 45 seater modern air conditioned bus. We were met at Starbucks by our extremely knowledgeable guide who escorted us to the bus; we visited 4 great small bars, stopping for about 45 minutes at each location; unspoiled and private, and not developed as yet, however extremely scenic, and off the beaten path. Since we're always looking for a new experience in these ports, this was an extremely enjoyable group excursion. The first drink was free and others available for purchase. Great to relax in the many hammocks around the beach and listen to the surf. So very relaxing I almost fell asleep. However, because of the large coral boulders and waves, swimming was a little difficult at a couple of the beaches. But the scenery sure made up for that. It was idyllic. Cost $40 pp. We left pier at 9:30 and returned at 2:15, and had some time to enjoy some shopping at the pier also. It's a 10 minute walk from the pier to go to a megashop for water, etc, plus an outdoor market, however there are multiple booths closer to pier for shopping for the usual touristy things. I always purchase vanilla here. My favorite shop at the pier is Los Cincos Soles.

marybor

One bar after another, reading menus about which we knew nothing, and enjoying the sea. What spoilt it for us, was being asked for tips before they left us off at the pier. Wouldn't recommend it to anybody, unless you were very young and wanted to get smashed in the afternoon.

Provider: Royal Caribbean International

bluesky0527

1 review

Cozumel was absolutely beautiful. Took the Island Tour with tequila tasting, Playa Mia beach. Wonderful people. A must see island

Provider: Celebrity Cruises

KJade

1 review

We then traveled to Hacienda Antiqua (sp?) and got an awesome tour of the ranch and I am so bummed I forgot the man's name. He was also so, so great. The tour was really interesting ... Everyone we encountered in Cozumel was exceptionally welcoming and friendly. I really liked that Adolfo our main tour guide would call us "my familia" when he was giving us information or rounding us up.

Provider: Carnival Cruise Lines

karlam

1 review

In Cozumel we experienced the Cozumel Bar Hop. It was so much fun. Met a number of good people. Had a lot of laughs. We did order extra drinks at the various bars and we had some great food. The margaritas were fresh, the salsa a guacamole were very good and the coconut fried shrimp at Rastas was the best I ever had. The bus was very comfortable with nice air conditioning. I can't say enough good things about the Cozumel Bar Hop. I would highly recommend it.

iaminadaze

1 review

Paco likes to get everyone drunk on Tequila, it was really good, loved the bottles, as well.

Provider: Princess Cruises

FePerk

Cozumel: We went shopping as soon as the ship was cleared from customs, and then went on the Cozumel Bar Hop tour. http://www.cozumelbarhop.com/ Terrific, relaxing way to see "the other side of the island" and the beautiful beaches there. Please be aware of two things: 1) the bars don't have electricity, so they can't take credit cards - you need to bring enough cash to cover drinks and food. 2) you don't have to get smashed to enjoy this tour. If you only consume the free drink you get at each stop, you're going to be fine. Focus on enjoying the gorgeous beaches at each stop. Examples of prices: Stop 1: We had three (total) drinks, chips, salsa, and guacamole at the first stop, and the bill was $32 including tip. Stop 2: We had 3 lunch entrees off the menu, chips, salsa, and guacamole, and 4 beers, and the total with tip was $64. So....you can rack up your bill quickly. Don't get me wrong: We had a fantastic time and would do this tour over again. My point is to say that you can have a great time paying no more than the admission price, or, depending on how much you eat and how many drinks you have, it can be pricey. Be sure to bring enough cash.

reney313

1 review

COZUMEL: we booked an independent excursion here with Cozumel Bar Hop where we had a group of 12 people in a nice van. We went to 5 bars on the windward side of the island. I chose this your because I have never been to that side of the island and wanted to try something different. It was awesome! We absolutely loved it and would do it again in a heartbeat. You do get a free shot or small drink and each stop and then can order your own drinks and food, if you wish. There was plenty of time to explore the beaches on this side at each stop as well. Each stop was unique with a few that had some great sandy beaches and others that had natural rock arches and lagoons. The bars themselves were unique as well. Coconuts is at the highest point of Cozumel--41 feet above sea level! They even had a zoo like area with a crocodile and many birds. If you are planning on staying on the ship in Cozumel, I highly recommend you reconsider and go see this side of the island. You don't have to drink, it's not a booze tour necessarily. The operators are not forcing liquor on your or anything like that. It really is up to the folks on the tour. Ours was "moderate" where I was probably (not probably more like certainly) the drunkest on the tour and aside from talking a lot I think I held my own just fine The tour dropped us back at our pier with about 1 1/2 hours to spare where we did more shipping and had another drink at Senor Frogs.

Bellaitaliamc

1 review

Wonderful guides, worth every penny! The food and drinks were great and reasonably priced at every stop. That side if the island was quiet, peaceful and GORGEOUS! We had a blast! Would definitely do this again and highly recommend it to others :)

coralrief

1 review

Cozumel Bar Hop was superb. On time - delivered us right back to our cruise ship dock - warned us of things to avoid and recommended things to do. My first time in a hammock or a topless beach (HAHA) and we loved every minute of this tour. Colleen was our tour guide and the owner, Tom, actually met us at Starbucks then showed up to our last stop to say good bye. Quality people and company. The "van" is a Mercedes so you ride in comfort.