Cozumel Submarine Tour Excursion Reviews

Cozumel Submarine Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Prefer to stay dry during your day in Cozumel? A submarine tour provides visitors with a glimpse of Cozumel’s reefs and tropical marine line.
Member Image Crash Cruisers
Jun 2017
My husband is unable to dive and see this for himself and it was an eye-opener for him. Very enthusiastic staff and crew.
Read Crash Cruisers's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image groberts4
Apr 2017
Two of us took our 2 year-old grandson and had a wonderful time. He loved being able to be under water and see all the fish, and the trip was just right at two hours.
Read groberts4's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image denisenorman
Mar 2017
Would highly recommend. Beautiful and amazing.
Read denisenorman's full Celebrity Silhouette cruise review
Member Image Neskya
Mar 2017
Fun to ride in a sub, had pretty good views of fish; would have been nicer if the sun had been brighter. Wonderful tour guide
Read Neskya's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image ludwigvii
Feb 2017
This was a mini-sub that we "drove" around about 10 feet below surface. It was fun and the guides were great. They found some sea life and let us hold them. We held a puffer fish, a stingray and a couple of odd looking spider thingys. And we fed the many fish that were swimming around us. One of the tour guides took my GoPro and filmed my wife and I for a while so we could have some decent videos. That was really cool.
Read ludwigvii's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image ndviamontes
Feb 2017
It was a really neat experience. Saw lots of fish and got down to 115 ft!
Read ndviamontes's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image debeni
Jan 2017
This really is a submarine and takes you down 100 feet to the coral reef. Just try not to think that you're 100 feet down in a small submarine (lol). Very much enjoyed.
Read debeni's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image kidfixer
Jan 2017
We booked an independent tour on the Atlantis submarine so our family member who cannot go in the water could see some corals and fish. It was a bit difficult to find the starting point (it is NOT the national park) and our taxi dropped us off at the wrong place before we could determine where we were. We needed to get another taxi to take us back to the right place, which is actually in the town near the docks (to the left if you are docked where we were). We called to tell them we were on our way and still arrived with about 20 minutes to spare. There was a safety briefing, a short ferry ride, and then we boarded the sub. The only problem is that if there are a lot of overweight people in your group, you will be very crowded. The sub has butt-depressions created in the plastic seating, which forces everyone into a small space whether they fit or not. I was squeezed between 2 butts that did not fit making it a bit uncomfortable. Everyone has a window, and you see the scenery in front of you, leaning forward to get a better view on occasion. Photos are encouraged, but video actually works much better. It was a fun and different tour.
Read kidfixer's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Provider: Viator
Member Image Kirsten T
Jan 2017
Nice way to see the underwater beauty of Cozumel if you're not into diving or snorkeling. The sub required a short set of steep stairs to get from the deck to the underwater viewing, but the crew was very good with a few elderly and one disabled passenger and got them up and down pretty easily. The guide was a little hard to understand but we enjoyed viewing the fish! We went snorkeling on our own the next day.
Read Kirsten T's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Member Image Scott6428
Jan 2017
tour was fun - rough boat ride to get to the sub.
Read Scott6428's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image CatInTX
Jan 2017
I think we didn't see much marine life as they had already done the tour with another group. The fish were mainly on the starboard side and when the sub turned around, they took the exact same path, and most of the fish had moved on. Wish they'd vary it some so we could've seen more.
Read CatInTX's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image dtclee
Dec 2016
Very nice first experience in submarine. You saw more of sea life from their view window than you can from snorkeling.
Read dtclee's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image swopie72
Dec 2016
I didn't go on this but my DH and 12 yo did and they enjoyed it.
Read swopie72's full Norwegian Jade cruise review
Member Image chewie274
Dec 2016
Great fun! Not to be missed.
Read chewie274's full Norwegian Jade cruise review
Member Image retlawmeb
Dec 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed the submarine adventure. the sub was nice. The crew was knowledgable and helpful. The scenery was amazing. I would recommend this to everyone.
Read retlawmeb's full Regal Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image myblue03
Nov 2016
It was wonderful seeing all the beautiful fish and coral without having to get wet.
Read myblue03's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Member Image Yarelix1978
Oct 2016
My husband was so excited I was one of the best days of my life
Read Yarelix1978's full Norwegian Star cruise review
Member Image allongjr
Oct 2016
We went on a submersible, which was very nice but very bumpy. Viewing the reef, we saw some fish but not many and it wasn't as colorful as we expected. But it was a nice, long excursion and the crew were very informative. Also, took a nice picture after the trip.
Read allongjr's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image bostonphil
Oct 2016
Wonderful but not many fish to be seen this time around. I do not know how to swim so this gave me a chance to go under water and see what is there. There were fish but not as many as I expected. Seating on the submarine was a bit tight and uncomfortable. Very nice port.
Read bostonphil's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image ndame4nd
Sep 2016
Great time on the submarine, totally worth the money. Would recommened to them getting their own shuttles instead of putting us in taxis and hoping we get there.
Read ndame4nd's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image wjm2
Sep 2016
Outstanding crew and tour.
Read wjm2's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image smtr467
Jul 2016
Everyone in our group loved it!!! I recommend this one!
Read smtr467's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image larel
Jul 2016
What a great opportunity as a non-diver to see over 100ft below!!
Read larel's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image Mary P L
Jun 2016
Our guide was wonderful - got lots of great fish photos underwater!
Read Mary P L's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image ftr1873
May 2016
Professional outfit, so don't worry about being in a tin can 115 feet below the surface. Maybe a little expensive at $100 but still a good day out and gives a taste of live underwater. The tour guide/mariner knows his stuff, speaks excellent English and his colleagues are all helpful and friendly.
Read ftr1873's full Allure of the Seas cruise review