Cozumel Submarine Tour Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Cozumel Shore Excursions > Submarine Tour

Prefer to stay dry during your day in Cozumel? A submarine tour provides visitors with a glimpse of Cozumel’s reefs and tropical marine line.

joeleneharris

1 review

Atlantis Submarine tour was absolutely awesome. My husband and I as well as a couple of friends took this tour. When booking I thought this tour was a little pricey, but when the tour was complete, we all agreed that it was worth the money.We had a great time, and we all highly recommend this tour to anyone!

craigsl2

1 review

sub dive through cruise critic - nice - right off the dock, didn't see reefs, but saw fish. very little time spent steering which would have been more fun. you are hooked to a line to see fish that are brought to you. photos cost $35. still enjoyed.

awp529

Cozumel is a place where you stop when you sail from Galveston. Even though, I been there over ten times in the last four years it is still a fun and interesting place to visit. I had not planned to take an excursion but at the last minute booked the Atlantis Submarine. Thoroughly enjoyed it and when I returned home felt that now I can take that off my bucket list. Suggestion: don't judge Cozumel by the shops at the cruise terminal. Find a couple of fellow travelers (or go it alone) get a cab and split the $7 to go into the central district. Its worth the money to just people watch, plus t-shirts and other souvenir items will be much less expensive. Cozumel is a busy place and if there are 4-5 ships in port it can be hectic. Just sit back and let the others rush by, you'll still have a good time.

bluedaisy3916

1 review

Really cool, but we did not see much. Very tight spaces inside so you can't fear being close to someone. I enjoyed it but wish I could have seen more. You have to climb down a latter so you to be sturdy on your feet. We went down 110 ft and some some others scuba diving. They took pictures of us and us of them.

dkoop

1 review

Really neat way to see the coral reef without snorkelling or scuba diving. It felt really long though. The tour guide was really nice and the boat was safe. Just too long for not seeing an overabundance of sea life. We heard from some other people that there was an amazing beach just a 10min walk from the dock and there was lots of sea life there.

FordCapri

1 review

Beautiful waters and surroundings. Merchants and Cb drivers too pushy. On the other hand, I did the Reef Explorer semi-sub. Great value for the fee. Ceasar the guide is impeccable. Does see a lot of fish but the deeper reefs are a bit far to see anything too clearly.

grandmaR

In Cozumel, I took one of the bike rickshaws down the pier. They let me go out the back gate (so I didn't have to climb the stairs to the overpass) and put us in a taxi for the Atlantis Submarine tour. We were the first ones there. I suggested to my granddaughter that she look at the shop there and she came back and said "There's nothing there, not even a key chain, for less then $150.00. I said that must be pesos. After a little argument back and forth I told her to go and ask how much it was in dollars for what she wanted. It was $4.00. They showed us a safety video and loaded us onto a boat which took us out to the submarine. This was really pretty interesting. We went down to 100 feet over the reef and saw a lot of fish and coral and my granddaughter saw a shark. We got a lot of nice photos. When we got back to the office and gift shop I asked if the taxi could take us to a store that my granddaughter wanted to go to. The lady said sure, and put us into a cab and he took us out there.

Provider: Disney Cruise Line

rocky0216

The Submarine Tour was canceled due to rough seas.Again, Norwegian was excellent in refunding our money for the cancelled tour. Instead we did a taxi tour on our own. It was wonderful, we had the driver for 4 hours and went to a beautiful beach for an hour.

rkb1970

1 review

Very cool! But the submarine is a little tight and you have to bend over and around to see out the portholes. The people on the other side saw more cool things, which of course just depends on where you are sitting and what is going on that day in the water! But I'm glad we did it - what an experience!

big al

Atlantis submarine tour was terrific!! Well worth the $$..we dived 105 ft down and saw beautiful marine life & coral reefs...recommended!!!

Yaki54

Once in a lifetime.

cruzndiva

1 review

The boat's A/C did not work so it was hard to enjoy yourself. We did get to see lots of fish, scuba divers and lots of coral. The ship needs updating and a new a/c.

Provider: Independent Operator

SunFunCruise

1 review

The sub was incredible. All 5 of us thought it surpassed our expectations. It is roomy, and much more comfortable than expected. The view is amazing! The kids and adults loved it.