Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Barbados Segway Tour Excursion Reviews

Barbados Segway Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Explore Barbados the efficient way on the most unique vehicle around- the segway.
Member Image barbjd106
Feb 2015

This included an unfortunate stop at an unattractive beach. Then a lot of driving to the Segway stop. The segway gentlemen said that we were so late that they would have to cut the segway portion from 1.25 hours to forty minutes. They then recanted and pushed back the later tour. The segway portion was excellent. We visited a few different types of scenery, cliffs and beaches. We were fortunate that it was a beautiful day. The beach was an extortion with the charge of $15 for two lounges for one hour. I should have stayed in the parking lot and read my book.

I am returning to Barbados in a few weeks and hope to do the Segway again but without any beach time.

Read barbjd106's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image dlygrind
Dec 2014

This was a lot different than the San juan segways... This was bigger group, it was an "off road" tour, but I felt like we were on an "old horse rides... That only go 1 speed" , thought by the pictures we would be going on a beach, but didn't...segways probably wouldn't work well in this sand"!stsff was nice, tour - not impressed after the San just segways

Read dlygrind's full Quantum of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image Vegasangel1958
Dec 2014

We were met at the terminal and departed timely. There were only 6 of us, which is a nice size group. We were taken from the Caribbean side of the island to the Atlantic side. Our driver, Clifford, was very informative about the island and the areas which we passed through. Once we arrived at the destination for the excursion to begin, we were greeted by Nick and Marvin. They fitted us for our helmets and provided us with elbow pads. We were then instructed in the use of the segways. After a few trial runs, we were off. We went all around the area, down by the ocean with several photo ops. Nick and Marvin were very knowledgeable about their island and were good guides. I think the area where the training occurs needs to be in a better area (we were in the middle of a field, basically); however, I would do this tour again. Segways are a lot of fun. I think the cost was a bit high for what you received.

Read Vegasangel1958's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Lines
Member Image higgyzee
Dec 2012
An excellent Segway excursion which is highly recommended. The Segway is simple to learn and use effectively inside of 15 minutes and then the actual excursion fun starts. Irrespective of your age and fitness level, the Segway is a MUST!!!
Read higgyzee's full Seabourn Quest cruise review