Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Aruba Jeep Tour Excursion Reviews

Aruba Jeep Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Take a ride on the wild side with a Jeep tour through Aruba’s most scenic routes and beaches.
Member Image macioci15@aol.com
Apr 2015
These were the teenagers in the group. They said they had several incidences that were a little unnerving, and were late getting back due to mechanical problems, but the tour itself, they loved.
Read macioci15@aol.com's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image KSilerJr
Apr 2015
The tour was provided by ABC Tours. We paid about $100 a piece for the 3.5 hour tour. They put about 6-7 people per open air jeeps. The jeep sat four on each side and 1 up front. The ride can be very bumpy so hold on tight. There were times we were glad we had our seat belts fastened because even with them we were leaving our seats. Overall the tour as good, I enjoyed seeing the sites and the ostriches. What really upset me about this tour was a comments the main tour guy (I think his name was Rocky) made. When we got to the church that was part of the tour he started telling us about the religions of the people on the island and that about 75% were Catholic. All of this is appropriate and interesting information. Where I think he went over the line is asking how many of our group were believers and then went on to tell us how he was not ashamed to admit he was a believer and that he got on his knees every morning to thank God for another day on this earth. Again a little over the top for me and from the blank stare from some others in the group I think they agreed. We weren't paying for a sermon; we were paying for a tour. But the part that I could not believe is when he said that the non-believers would be going to Hell and the devil would take care of them. I have no problem with a person having their own opinion. I have mine but to tell me, and possibly others, who have just paid $100 a piece that they are going to HELL is totally out of line. If I wanted a Christian tour I would have booked one. If you want to preach this nonsense discloses it in the description of the tour “For Christian’s Only”. That way we know to stay away. I guess the bottom line is if you’re a Christian and share Rocky’s opinions take the tour you will probably in joy it. Otherwise find a tour company that respects all its paying guests, one that can keep his religious beliefs where they belong, at home and at church.
Read KSilerJr's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image Germansailor
Mar 2015
Trip was to the natural bridges, the first chapel, the lighthouse and a beach. The island was very arid and the beach had no facilities but was nice. The jeeps had no loudspeaker so the explanations of the guide were difficult to understand.
Read Germansailor's full Celebrity Eclipse cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image orvis1
Mar 2015
Best tour of the trip the kids loved it! It was fun to bounce around in the jeeps and the guides kept it entertaining. That natural pool is a landmark to experience for sure.
Read orvis1's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image sean.t@outlook.com
Mar 2015
This was a great way to see and experience the island. Our tour guide was very nice and informative. He made sure we got to take plenty of pictures.
Read sean.t@outlook.com's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image tsbetts
Dec 2014

Outstanding trip with ABC Tours for the North Side Jeep Safari. Get Raul as your driver - he is fabulous and knows a ton about the island. It is a bumpy ride going offroad which was great for us but if you don't like roller coasters might want to find a more timid ride.

Read tsbetts's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image kmp546
Sep 2014

The most FUN port and the most beautiful. We enjoyed Aruba the most! An ex staff member recommended the Natural Pond 4x4 excursion and we are so glad we did it. The kids LOVED it! It was $100 per adult and $75 for kids (12 & under). Pricey but well worth it. We were told to catch the city bus which is outside the gate and across the street to the beach. It cost $2.30 per person and they don't give change so make sure you have exact amount unless you want their money (Florins?). They come every 15 minutes so the wait wasn't long at all. I wanted to go to Palm Island beach, but we ended up at Palm Beach which was about 20 minutes away. It worked out, because our excursion was at 12pm. The staff member recommended doing the 8AM tour and the beach after but we wanted to use our on board credit and you could only book using that once you were on the ship, not online beforehand. The beach was clear blue water and the sand was white and soft. It was beautiful. They offered jet skiing, inflatables, surfboards, para sailing, and other water equipment. We got off the bus by hotels. The jet skiing is done on the other side of the beach so we were taken there by boat. The side that had the jet skiing had a lot more stuff in the water (looked & felt like hair) but the side we were by the hotels, was clearer and nicer. Another beach goer found a huge starfish that we all were amazed by. We rushed off to catch the bus by 11 and took a taxi instead because he offered to take us back for $2 a head and we got back quicker. The 4x4 Jeep excursion was running a little late from the morning run so we left for it at 12:30pm. Each jeep only seats 9 people so we had to split our party up, which I'm glad we did. Its 4 Jeeps. Our driver was Erickson. He was GREAT!!! Super sweet & nice and took care of our every need. Our jeep was 4 adults and 5 kids, ages 10-13. It is a BUMPY ride. You will get super DUSTY. Don't wear good clothes or bring anything you don't want getting dirty.

1st stop is a volcano to climb & take pics. Next stop is the cave. Not long or big, bats flying around. Then the off road super bumps start. Last stop the Natural Pond, which is beautifully stunning! Steps down are steep and aren't really steps at all. Just a set of rocks which aren't level or the same height, width. It's 85 steps down. The pond is slippery and has crabs/fish. I didn't go in, but others in my party did. All of the creatures kind of freaked the kids out, but it was breath taking to see. You'll want to wear swim shoes as it is rocky. They company provides soft drinks/water and chips which our driver kept asking us if we needed or wanted anything. The only thing I didn't like was the head driver, Eduardo came over and told our driver Erickson to keep up/speed up in the beginning of the drive. We were the only jeep with children in it and we appreciated that he wasn't driving super crazy, super fast and doing tricks. We were the last jeep in the procession and all 3 in front of us were going super fast and doing all kind of tricks. Which looked fun, but with kids in our party, we thought he was going as fast and as wild as he needed too. We enjoyed him so much. The kids loved it and said that was the most fun of the entire trip and what they liked best. We got back almost at 4 and had to rush back on the boat. We were the last ones to get on, and it seemed like everyone was standing on the decks waiting for us and cheering as we raced to get on. Its a Carnival excursion, so they won't leave you....BUT we were the last ones and they were waiting!

Read kmp546's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image GaNewSeniors
Jun 2014

Fun and nice

Read GaNewSeniors's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image MAMCHLT
Apr 2014

From beginning to end this was a great tour. The jeep (Land Rover) driver was very nice and made sure we had a fun and exciting time. The riding in the jeep was fun and exciting. The driver really knew how to have fun with the jeep. We also got to see all of the interesting places in Aruba: The Cave Drawings, the north shore, the natural bridge, the light house and the Ostrich farm. At our final stop, we had the opportunity to go snorkeling. I almost passed on the snorkeling because we were just walking into the water from the beach and the water was not deep. But I was pleasantly surprised. There were hundreds of fish in the water. I saw more fish snorkeling here than I have ever seen on previous snorkeling trips. I would rate this excursion as a must do. (Note if you have a bad back; you probably should not take this excursion as the ride can be somewhat bumpy.)

Read MAMCHLT's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image tzjy1j
Mar 2014

Aruba - We booked a Jeep tour, which was a good way to see the whole island. You don't get to stop long at each spot, but you didn't need much time to see everything either. It's a small island and you can get a good feel for it from the tour. We had time afterwards to eat lunch and do some shopping on our own in town.

Read tzjy1j's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image cruisercathy
Aug 2013

Awesome....Tour to the caves and the Natural Pool, a must do.....lots of laughs and bumps along the way. The climb down and up from the pool was not that bad. Natural Pool was beautiful.

Read cruisercathy's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image pdprof
Feb 2013
Jeep tour was alot of fun! It was a very bumpy ride and they do not tell you in the description that it's going to be a bumpy ride. Even though we had fun, I wouldn't recommend for people with back issues or motion sickness.
Read pdprof's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image pdp67322
Feb 2013
Read such great reviews of this tour and they were all true. One of the best we've ever taken. They take you to all of the island highlights and then you get a beach break as well.
Read pdp67322's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image lisamarch
Jan 2013
Husband and son did the Carnival Excursion of a jeep tour. They stopped at rock formations, ostrich farm and lighthouse, and more. They liked but did not love the trip.
Read lisamarch's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image VAWCB
Jan 2013
Fun ride with a guide who obviously was proud to be an Aruban. This was our third time in Aruba and we learned several things we had not known before.
Read VAWCB's full Coral Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image lovertocruise2
Dec 2012
so fun would say that the Northcoast Jeep experience fantastic
Read lovertocruise2's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image alesail
Aug 2012
North Coast Jeep Safari(ABC TOURS)- Just one word! Fantastic! Great job Manuel Keep up the good work loved the tour!!!!! Would recommend ABC tours anytime to anybody!!!!
Read alesail's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image VetDrm
Mar 2012
Don't book this excursion if you have back or neck problems. It was quite bouncy, but awesome. Good overall tour of the island and beach. And you get to take a turn at the wheel.
Read VetDrm's full Noordam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image ukranian
Mar 2012
Booked independently with ABC Tours. I give this tour an A+ especially with Hugo as the tour guide and driver. Ask for him!!
Read ukranian's full Carnival Miracle cruise review