Juneau Trekking Excursion Reviews

Juneau Trekking cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Experience Juneau's unforgettable landscape and scenery from above, only accessible aboard the NorthStar Trekking Level II excursion.
Member Image JohnCoMo
Not Rated
Jun 2014

The 2 hour glacier trek was the highlight of our cruise. It was expensive but well worth it. My partner was worried about being able to go on a hike for 2 hours as he's not that active but it wasn't difficult at all. In fact, we both agreed that we could have spent at least another hour on the glacier. If you enjoy an adventure, I would highly recommend the glacier trek. I'm so glad we didn't just do the glacier walkabout as 30 min or even 1 hour would not be enough time. If you're going to spend the money, just spend a little more for the 2 or 3 hour trek. You will not regret it.

Read JohnCoMo's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image FunGranny
Aug 2012
My son and grandson thoroughly enjoyed this excursion. It was the highlight of my grandson's cruise. It was a private tour with just them and a guide. I regret I do not know his name or the company's name as they reported that the guide was outstanding. The only consideration is that you must be in excellent condition as the long hike out after the long hike in and glacier climbing was a killer! They both had a super experience
Read FunGranny's full Oosterdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image davidmarq
Jul 2012
expensive but a must a must a must!!!! Do it.
Read davidmarq's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image mouse0217
Jun 2012
We actually did the Extended Trek (but I did not see the option). It was amazing! Make sure you bring sunglasses and head wear to put under the helmet. It will help keep you warmer. We were able to ice climb, drink glacier water, see amazing sights, etc. Do not hesitate! Worth the money.
Read mouse0217's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review