Juneau Trekking Excursion Reviews

Juneau Trekking cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Experience Juneau's unforgettable landscape and scenery from above, only accessible aboard the NorthStar Trekking Level II excursion.
Member Image markam
Jul 2016
A bit more rigorous a hike than I planned up the mountain but with good scenery and glacier views. Excellent guide.
Read markam's full Regatta cruise review
Provider: Oceania Cruises
Member Image meganearley
Jul 2016
This was a guided tour up and around the southeast side of the Mendenhall glacier, and waterfalls. Was also a rough three and half hours of walking. But was a delight. Would recommend it only to those who like to truly hike. No special physical requirements except for comfortable sturdy boots and willingness to walk in the rain forest. Did not see any bears, but was told we May. Wonderful the Event.
Read meganearley's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image DanaDanes
Jun 2016
Hike and ice caves was a true bucket list experience, but the guide left something to be desired.
Read DanaDanes's full Celebrity Infinity cruise review
Provider: ABAK
Member Image CCRCC
Aug 2015
Went in helicopter to Taku Glacier because weather was perfect. Even guides were excited to go to Taku. Saw several glaciers and ice formations on flight. Treked for two hours or more on Taku and saw rushing rivers in the ice, bottomless whirlpool holes, caves, and fissures. Guides very knowledgeable and safety conscious.
Read CCRCC's full Coral Princess cruise review
Provider: NorthStar Treking
Member Image ALP ALASKA
Jun 2015
We did the glacier trek. It was awesome but we do wish we hoy to do more trekking and rappelling. Definitely a true Alaskan experience. It might have been our group or our guide or the rain, so I would say go. We won't forget the experience and it is much better than just landing and taking off again.
Read ALP ALASKA's full Oosterdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image raychill88
Jun 2015
We booked a 10 mile glacier trek to Mendenhall Glacier through a local company, of course whish was $220/per person for 8 hours. We hiked about 5.5 miles through Juneau's rainforest to the Mendenhall Glacier where we strapped on our crampons and helmets and hit the ice. Seeing the glacier from afar and actually experiencing walking on the glacier are two completely different things. We spent about an hour and a half and walked about 1 mile on the glacier itself and I loved every minute of it. Some highlights were filling up our bottles with glacial water from a glacier waterfall and going through an ice cave! We took a different route back that was much more technical and challenging hiking over about 3.5 miles. We had perfect weather the whole day with no rain.
Read raychill88's full Star Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image JohnCoMo
Not Rated
Jun 2014

The 2 hour glacier trek was the highlight of our cruise. It was expensive but well worth it. My partner was worried about being able to go on a hike for 2 hours as he's not that active but it wasn't difficult at all. In fact, we both agreed that we could have spent at least another hour on the glacier. If you enjoy an adventure, I would highly recommend the glacier trek. I'm so glad we didn't just do the glacier walkabout as 30 min or even 1 hour would not be enough time. If you're going to spend the money, just spend a little more for the 2 or 3 hour trek. You will not regret it.

Read JohnCoMo's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Member Image FunGranny
Aug 2012
My son and grandson thoroughly enjoyed this excursion. It was the highlight of my grandson's cruise. It was a private tour with just them and a guide. I regret I do not know his name or the company's name as they reported that the guide was outstanding. The only consideration is that you must be in excellent condition as the long hike out after the long hike in and glacier climbing was a killer! They both had a super experience
Read FunGranny's full Oosterdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image davidmarq
Jul 2012
expensive but a must a must a must!!!! Do it.
Read davidmarq's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image mouse0217
Jun 2012

We actually did the Extended Trek (but I did not see the option). It was amazing! Make sure you bring sunglasses and head wear to put under the helmet. It will help keep you warmer. We were able to ice climb, drink glacier water, see amazing sights, etc. Do not hesitate! Worth the money.

Read mouse0217's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review