Montego Bay Private Tour Excursion Reviews

Montego Bay Private Tour  cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Spend the day exploring the beautiful island of Montego Bay at your own pace.
Member Image juliaosborn
Jun 2016
I booked this tour online after reading reviews about Reggae Tours...I'm so happy we went with them! Vincent was our driver and made this experience one of a kind. HIGHLY recommended if you are looking for a private tour.
Read juliaosborn's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Provider: Reggae Tours Jamaica
Member Image Quilcruisers
Jun 2016
It rained for about 2 hours when we got off the ship. We took a tour of the city and then went to Doctor's Cave beach. The beach was nice but we stayed only about an hour - the rain started pouring again.
Read Quilcruisers's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Provider: Public Taxi
Member Image whatwillbeat33
Dec 2015
Our company was great, but Montego Bay is 1.5 hours away from Ocho Rios and the Jamaican tour attractions. Don't risk missing your ship. Go with a Carnival excursion as traffic getting back to Montego Bay around 4-5pm is horrendous.
Read whatwillbeat33's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Provider: Karandas Tours
Member Image Lina Isaac
Jul 2015
I can't stop talking about it! This tour was the highlight of our whole cruise. I did a lot of research to find the best excursion in each port, but this one exceeded my expectations. I chose a private tour in Jamaica with KnowJamaica Tours and Javia Shaw, and I didn't imagine I would walk away enchanted by the whole experience... The whole process of working with Know Jamaica Tours was very pleasant. Marva responded to the tons of emails I sent her, promptly and with a friendly and caring attitude. I immediately felt like family. She offered her personal number so I could reach her at any time, and she answered me even outside her working hours. She even gave me her address when I needed to send a savings card to a local address. We agreed to the tour route and price via email. I was given every detail and she promised she would send Javia himself (her son). They live in Ocho Rios and our cruise docked in Montego Bay. So Javia basically had to drive a total of 6 hours back and forth to make my planned itinerary work (not counting the driving inside Ocho Rios). Several other famous tour guides refused to do the driving before I found Marva Shaw. I had read tons of awesome reviews about Javia, but "seeing is believing"(quoting Javia's very own wise He's everything people say about him and a whole lot more. He's personable, friendly, polite, knowledgeable, patient, always a happy soul, and just plain awesome! From the moment we set foot off the cruise port into his car until we were back safely, our adventure never stopped. I chose to visit Blue Hole, Dolphin Cove, and Scotchies for lunch. I will probably write a separate review for Blue Hole because it was one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen, and I do travel a lot so I was pleasantly surprised. I knew the drive was far and I dreaded being bored, but I never imagined that it would be a living history lesson! I'm not the history type at all and I was so into all the stories and info about Jamaica that I could easily ace a test about Jamaica now! Javia loves his country and job so much that he becomes contagious
Read Lina Isaac's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Provider: KnowJamaica Tours
Member Image chip60
Mar 2015
We went to Rocklands bird sanctuary. Booked with a taxi driver, he didn't really want to take us there. Really glad we went, the humming birds were all around when we arrived. Feeding them from the little bottles was something special. The trail to walk around lovely too. From there we went to Doctor caves Beach. A nice beach to relax, or snorkel from.
Read chip60's full Thomson Dream cruise review
Provider: Thomson Cruises
Member Image AtleeH
Jan 2015
We were scheduled to visit Falmouth but couldn't due to weather. Our captain was able to get us dock space at Montego Bay. We really enjoyed this city.
Read AtleeH's full Celebrity Silhouette cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image tomahawk43
Aug 2013

We booked a private driver and guide to go to the Appleton Rum factory through realtours Jamiaca ("Chuck" Norris). It was about $300 but worth every cent.The guides were amazing - they explained the local culture, schools and even showed us some off the beaten path sites - including two "benches" in a town that really old graves. The rum factory is worth it as well. On the way back, we had some extra time, so they gave us a highlight tour of Montego Bay and stopped at their favorite Jerk joint. They kept us away from the crowds and gave us an excellent day.

Read tomahawk43's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image Yanni10va
Feb 2013
Combination of Dunns River Falls hike and river tubing. Great experience but plan on getting very wet on both!
Read Yanni10va's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image pambud96
Jan 2013
Willie gave us a tour of the area and took us to the Martha Brae river. Also stopped at a beachside bar for a drink. Felt very safe, he stayed with us the whole time and let us know we were safe.
Read pambud96's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Provider: Willie Smith
Member Image nw_man
Jan 2013
Took a tour of Mayfield Falls with Trevor Hudlin from Montego Bay. Awesome is the word. Trevor was waiting for us portside, friendly and efficient and he drove us to Mayfield Falls in his comfortable mini van. Trevor was knowledgeable and informative, I would definitely recommend him. Also, Mayfield Falls was almost deserted, unlike the more popular Dunns River Falls, which can be tourist hell !
Read nw_man's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Provider: Trevor Hudlin
Member Image levardis
Mar 2012
Minor miscommunication regarding time for pick-up from the pier but afterwards, the crew was very accommodating to our needs. We snorkeled, visited Doctors Cave Beach and Margaritaville for a very reasonable price.
Read levardis's full Carnival Magic cruise review