Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Skagway Rock Climbing Excursion Reviews

Skagway Rock Climbing cruise excursion
Overall Rating
The distinctly mountainous region around Skagway offers some of the most exciting rock climbing and repelling excursions in Alaska.
Member Image minniemouse100
1 review
Jun 2015
My nephew and Husband did this ..It was alot more physical then they explained it to be.Several people could not complete the climb..one of them being my husband with his double hip.replacement they said he would be fine but he was unable to finish the climb..so be aware if you have phyiscal limitations.And yes we did azk first but wax told it would be fine for him to do .. Others in our group booked off ship tours at m&m tours worth the price to wait but go early they book up fast excursions are less than half of cruise ship prices.they are at the end of the dock lots to choose from.
Read minniemouse100's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image MOMMIAD
Aug 2013

Kids all did the rock climbing, rappelling, and zip-line excursion. The cruise line handled everything wonderfully. They were able to do the fun excursion and then meet up for us for some quick shopping.

Read MOMMIAD's full Rhapsody of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image davidmarq
1 review
Jul 2012
Loved it other than the chick who complained about repelling and climbing that took time away from my climbing and repelling. But not the guides fault.
Read davidmarq's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image debmarie
Aug 2011
Klondike Rock Climbing and Rappelling I would not recommend this trip unless you have rock climbed before (not the back of the ship or indoor rock climbing, but real rock climbing). It was beautiful but extremely difficult. Only 4 of our group of 6 were able to participate. They give you rock climbing shoes but you dont wear gloves. It was hard on the hands and one member of our party was bitten by something and his hand swelled up. The rappelling was much easier but again, only 4 of the 6 felt comfortable participating. If you have rock climbed in the past, you will probably enjoy it. If not, and you want a similar experience, I would recommend the zipline at the same location. We wished we had chosen that. On the other hand, I am extremely proud that I was able to climb to the top of the cliff (and have photos to prove it).
Read debmarie's full Seven Seas Navigator cruise review