Grand Turk Stingray Swim Excursion Reviews

Grand Turk Stingray Swim cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Stingrays are not just for Grand Cayman! Swim with stingrays in Grand Turk and even get the opportunity to feed them as they glide by.
Member Image mugspaw
Aug 2014

What a fun time to hold a stingray.

Read mugspaw's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Member Image hartsnvt
Aug 2014

We finally found where we had t turn in our tickets for bracelets. (it should state those directions on the ticket). We boarded the boat with my elderly Mom, 83, who has Alzheimer's for our Gibbs Cay stingray and snorkel excursion. 1/2 way there a couple of the guides jumped into the water to search for conch. When we got to the small island we were able to go into the water up to our waist and have a stingray interlude. It was awesome and we got to kiss them and have the guide put the wild stingrays on our backs. You could use your own camera for pics which I appreciated and they also took pics that you could purchase on a disc. Those who were also doing the snorkel part (Mom and DH stayed at the small beach watching the stingrays) went on a very long snorkel through the brilliant water and saw other fish and sea creatures. It was a bit exhausting for me because the current was strong but the guides were there with a couple of safety rings which I had to utilize a few times as my blood sugar was dropping. We were out there for probably 45 minutes and then we got back to our boat and back to port. It was a great experience for my Mom and she was beaming in all of the pictures of her with the stingrays. The whole port area is beautiful and clean. The jewelry stores are outrageous. I am so glad I got to see this island as it is just beautiful!

Read hartsnvt's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Member Image IslandGrl411
Apr 2014

The Stingray Swim at Gibbs Cay was wonderful. There were many stingrays. The guides helped you with the stingrays. They held them while you touched and took photos. They also took photos for $10 each. You pay at the port ( cash only) and they email them in about 2-3 days. If you think you might want the photos make sure you get off the boat first and get immediately in line. You have to view the photos on a laptop and they only had three. Kelvin the Captain was amaizing.

Read IslandGrl411's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image MAMCHLT
Apr 2014

This stingray swim was disappointing. We saw two stingrays while we were in the water and saw a third swimming around as we were leaving the area. We also spent a little time on the guided snorkel tour. Although we did see a few lobster in the coral, there was not much else to see. For those who like to eat Conch, they did provide fresh Conch. One of the guides dove down to the bottom and brought back two Conch. They then showed us how to get the Conch out of the shell and let those who wanted to taste them, taste the fresh Conch. That was the only interesting part of the trip. I would not suggest this trip.

Read MAMCHLT's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image HappySailing24
Dec 2013

This was a Perfect ending to the Ports. This Port is Beautiful and so relaxing. We did the Stingray Swim and they were very nice and very educational . We got to take pictures underwater with them , and my kids did the Snorkeling as I went Seashell hunting and found 2 HUGE (empty) Conch shells that I took back with us. Beautiful Beach. went back to the Port and went and relaxed at Margaretville and went swimming. I would go there and stay for a week, to just relax...

Read HappySailing24's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image threetocruise
Jun 2013

Great staff. Amazing creatures. Snorkeling was fun. Would definitely do again. Well worth the price.

Read threetocruise's full Carnival Splendor cruise review
Member Image jetstar1981
Mar 2013
Due to the weather there was not a lot to see snorkeling and when we got to the stingrays only 1 was present. The guide had to swim out to catch it and I felt it was more cruel than a natural experience. FYI - most people spent some time in Margarita ville which was packed, over 200 people actually got food poisoning from the ice so beware. We ate at Jacks Shack at the end of the beach with great food and drinks at half the price.
Read jetstar1981's full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Member Image Charlala
Jan 2013
Grand Turk, we did the Gibbs Cay Stingray Encounter. The tour company was great! They were able to find a (one) small male stingray for everyone to take pictures with. We had our own waterproof camera and they encouraged us to take our own pictures instead of buying them at the dock through the company. They also provided snorkeling gear and training to those new to snorkeling. It was a good excursion, I recommend it.
Read Charlala's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image busdriver475
Nov 2012
Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos -- This is our last day to visit the Islands and we selected an encounter with Sting Rays which we have done before and it was just as exciting as the first time. We also swam in the bay for awhile great time.
Read busdriver475's full Seven Seas Navigator cruise review
Provider: Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Member Image zoof26
Sep 2012
We did the Reefs and Rays tour. This was fantastic! Snorkeled over a beautiful reef and then went and to an area with tons of rays. Got to hold them and one gave me a kiss. Worth the $$ to go on this excursion!
Read zoof26's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image Bearphin
Sep 2012
Snorkeling was great for the wife but the stingray swim was fantastic!!
Read Bearphin's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image soccer4life
Apr 2012
The tour guides were great. They allowed you time to get use to the stingrays. They were very helpful and worked with everyone to make sure they had fun. Very hospitable. Would highly recommend.
Read soccer4life's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image ricok987
Apr 2012
Sting Rays at Gibbs Cay: Not many of them, but did get the experience of holding one & such.
Read ricok987's full Ruby Princess cruise review
Member Image Colonel Vatutin
Apr 2012
I would give it a zero, if possible. Five minutes into the swim, a fellow cruise passenger was not feeling well and they sounded a horn signaling that we should all return to the boat. From that moment onward, the sheer incompetence a lack of preparedness of the local folks to deal with a situation like this were more than obvious. It took forever to reassemble all passengers (who could have been left with other ships in that area), there was no emergency plan, and when we got back to port there was no ambulance waiting (this part really shocked me). Perhaps as a result of all these factors (or with their contribution), the gentleman did not survive.
Read Colonel Vatutin's full Eurodam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image Hardy95
Feb 2012
We got on the boat and went to an area where we snorkeled for about 45 minutes. The great thing about it was that one of the crew members got in the water and had some fish bait and lured some small sharks out, which was awesome. Wished we had an underwater camera! From there, we beautiful boat ride to this secluded island where we were able to see tons of stingray and get the chance to touch and kiss a huge one. I don't believe we ended up buying any souvenirs here, as the shops were a little pricey and there's no bartering.
Read Hardy95's full Ruby Princess cruise review
Member Image pixelwiz
Dec 2011
My least favorite stop overall. It's the second time I've been there. The island tour is pretty boring, our excursion included both the tour and stingray swim. The sailing guys were fun, but not very informative. They really tried to push some expensive photos onto us, I think that should just be a part of your price as a souvenir. The drinks they provide were crap, a gallon of water and some disgusting cheapest juice resembling liquid you can buy at a store. This is definitely not your average champagne cruise. I could do without the stingrays, but I guess it was fun to try it. The island tour, sigh, they didn't allow for lunch time again, we were starving. No planned bathroom stops either. If you've never been to Hell, it's worth going once, but second time, BORING. I guess the very last part was ok the Turtle Farm stop, I hadn't gone there before and it was pretty impressive. Bottom line, not the best cruise stop, not he best guide, not the best excursion. I'm gonna try to avoid that stop next time, but do buy some cheap alcohol when you're there, and do it early cause they have to get it to the cruise ship in time!
Read pixelwiz's full Norwegian Pearl cruise review