Grand Turk Stingray Swim Excursion Reviews

Grand Turk Stingray Swim cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Stingrays are not just for Grand Cayman! Swim with stingrays in Grand Turk and even get the opportunity to feed them as they glide by.
Member Image SuperdudeAbides
Dec 2015
It was snorkeling/sting ray all in one, good deal.
Read SuperdudeAbides's full Westerdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image Navy Sailor
Oct 2015
Nice boat ride to Gibbs cay some snorkeling then a encounter with the Atlantic Stingrays. I was very nice but I hurt the bottom of my foot on the ladder getting off the ship. I t seemed very sharp to me bruised the arch still hurts a little. It was a good tour inspite of it.
Read Navy Sailor's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image Love Me A Cruise
Sep 2015
We had a ball. We went and snorkels around the reefs and then was taken to a little island where we hot to touch and swim with the sting rays. I would suggest an excursion in this port because there is NOTHING else to do. Margarita illegal is the only other place to go and it was very crowded and took over an hour to get served.
Read Love Me A Cruise's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Member Image 22mharvey
Aug 2015
Best part of the island! The sting rays were wild, but came right up to you. Papa J tours took us out to the private island by boat and we had a private stingray tour and got free snorkeling as well!
Read 22mharvey's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Provider: Papa J Tours
Member Image Reddebbil
Aug 2015
Amazing. Do it. You won't ever forget this part of your trip! We had the opportunity to hold, stroke and have photos taken with stingrays just as we had hoped.
Read Reddebbil's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Member Image Flushing1
Jul 2015
Capt. Stubby and his staff was very professional and helpful and disable friendly, but after Stingray City and other Stingray swims, I was kind of dissapointed.
Read Flushing1's full Carnival Splendor cruise review
Member Image Busybears
Jun 2015
Snorkeling at 3 spots plus swimming with stingrays. So perfect, especially without the big crowd from the excursions organized by the cruise line.
Read Busybears's full Carnival Splendor cruise review
Provider: Grand Turk Diving
Member Image atlcruizr
May 2015
The excursion was combined with a snorkeling trip at the nearby reef. I was amazed at how docile these creatures are. We didn't get a lot of time to swim with the stingrays, but the guides made sure that everyone who wanted to touch them got an opportunity.
Read atlcruizr's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image cblzaccie
May 2015
this was a great tour, wish it could have been longer but I know the weaker swimmers were defiantly getting tired, playing "don't step on a stingray" while feeding them as they swim all around you was interesting.
Read cblzaccie's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Member Image JAG500
May 2015
great experience. we had two rays come to see us. you have to step forward if you want to touch the stingrays. staff were very good. beautiful beach although not long there
Read JAG500's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Member Image oliver1821
Mar 2015
Wonderful Island we were on. Took about 15 minutes by boat and the place was beautiful. Stingray part was nothing like Grand Cayman, which is excellent, but the wonderful staff and gorgeous beach made up for this. Recommend this.
Read oliver1821's full Eurodam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image isupilot
Feb 2015

Here we did the Reef and Rays tour. It was a boat ride to a remote reef location to snorkel. The views were nice, but unfortunately the sea was rough which made snorkeling difficult for us beginners. After a few mouthfuls of salt water it was time to get back on the boat. They did offer water and fruit punch onboard. From here we went to a remote island and got to see/hold sting rays. Then back onto the boat and they dropped us off back at the same dock as the cruise ships. This was a nice relaxing tour. We had lunch at Margaritaville which was ridiculously overpriced. Over $50 for nachos and two margaritas! We spent the rest of the time on the beach which is part of the cruise center. It is a nice beach with some mild waves.

Read isupilot's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Member Image mugspaw
Aug 2014

What a fun time to hold a stingray.

Read mugspaw's full Caribbean Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image hartsnvt
Aug 2014

We finally found where we had t turn in our tickets for bracelets. (it should state those directions on the ticket). We boarded the boat with my elderly Mom, 83, who has Alzheimer's for our Gibbs Cay stingray and snorkel excursion. 1/2 way there a couple of the guides jumped into the water to search for conch. When we got to the small island we were able to go into the water up to our waist and have a stingray interlude. It was awesome and we got to kiss them and have the guide put the wild stingrays on our backs. You could use your own camera for pics which I appreciated and they also took pics that you could purchase on a disc. Those who were also doing the snorkel part (Mom and DH stayed at the small beach watching the stingrays) went on a very long snorkel through the brilliant water and saw other fish and sea creatures. It was a bit exhausting for me because the current was strong but the guides were there with a couple of safety rings which I had to utilize a few times as my blood sugar was dropping. We were out there for probably 45 minutes and then we got back to our boat and back to port. It was a great experience for my Mom and she was beaming in all of the pictures of her with the stingrays. The whole port area is beautiful and clean. The jewelry stores are outrageous. I am so glad I got to see this island as it is just beautiful!

Read hartsnvt's full Carnival Sunshine cruise review
Member Image IslandGrl411
Apr 2014

The Stingray Swim at Gibbs Cay was wonderful. There were many stingrays. The guides helped you with the stingrays. They held them while you touched and took photos. They also took photos for $10 each. You pay at the port ( cash only) and they email them in about 2-3 days. If you think you might want the photos make sure you get off the boat first and get immediately in line. You have to view the photos on a laptop and they only had three. Kelvin the Captain was amaizing.

Read IslandGrl411's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image MAMCHLT
Apr 2014

This stingray swim was disappointing. We saw two stingrays while we were in the water and saw a third swimming around as we were leaving the area. We also spent a little time on the guided snorkel tour. Although we did see a few lobster in the coral, there was not much else to see. For those who like to eat Conch, they did provide fresh Conch. One of the guides dove down to the bottom and brought back two Conch. They then showed us how to get the Conch out of the shell and let those who wanted to taste them, taste the fresh Conch. That was the only interesting part of the trip. I would not suggest this trip.

Read MAMCHLT's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image HappySailing24
Dec 2013

This was a Perfect ending to the Ports. This Port is Beautiful and so relaxing. We did the Stingray Swim and they were very nice and very educational . We got to take pictures underwater with them , and my kids did the Snorkeling as I went Seashell hunting and found 2 HUGE (empty) Conch shells that I took back with us. Beautiful Beach. went back to the Port and went and relaxed at Margaretville and went swimming. I would go there and stay for a week, to just relax...

Read HappySailing24's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image threetocruise
Jun 2013

Great staff. Amazing creatures. Snorkeling was fun. Would definitely do again. Well worth the price.

Read threetocruise's full Carnival Splendor cruise review
Member Image jetstar1981
Mar 2013
Due to the weather there was not a lot to see snorkeling and when we got to the stingrays only 1 was present. The guide had to swim out to catch it and I felt it was more cruel than a natural experience. FYI - most people spent some time in Margarita ville which was packed, over 200 people actually got food poisoning from the ice so beware. We ate at Jacks Shack at the end of the beach with great food and drinks at half the price.
Read jetstar1981's full Carnival Miracle cruise review
Member Image Charlala
Jan 2013
Grand Turk, we did the Gibbs Cay Stingray Encounter. The tour company was great! They were able to find a (one) small male stingray for everyone to take pictures with. We had our own waterproof camera and they encouraged us to take our own pictures instead of buying them at the dock through the company. They also provided snorkeling gear and training to those new to snorkeling. It was a good excursion, I recommend it.
Read Charlala's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image busdriver475
Nov 2012
Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos -- This is our last day to visit the Islands and we selected an encounter with Sting Rays which we have done before and it was just as exciting as the first time. We also swam in the bay for awhile great time.
Read busdriver475's full Seven Seas Navigator cruise review
Provider: Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Member Image zoof26
Sep 2012
We did the Reefs and Rays tour. This was fantastic! Snorkeled over a beautiful reef and then went and to an area with tons of rays. Got to hold them and one gave me a kiss. Worth the $$ to go on this excursion!
Read zoof26's full Carnival Liberty cruise review
Member Image Bearphin
Sep 2012
Snorkeling was great for the wife but the stingray swim was fantastic!!
Read Bearphin's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image soccer4life
Apr 2012
The tour guides were great. They allowed you time to get use to the stingrays. They were very helpful and worked with everyone to make sure they had fun. Very hospitable. Would highly recommend.
Read soccer4life's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image ricok987
Apr 2012
Sting Rays at Gibbs Cay: Not many of them, but did get the experience of holding one & such.
Read ricok987's full Ruby Princess cruise review