Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Port Canaveral (Orlando) Kennedy Space Center Excursion Reviews

Port Canaveral (Orlando) Kennedy Space Center cruise excursion
Overall Rating
A visit to Kennedy Space Center, near Port Canaveral, is your chance to explore space travel and experience history in the making!
Member Image rubyblue
Aug 2015
This was a great tour. The exhibits are set up in a way that allows you to go at your own pace. There were so many interesting things to see. The Space Shuutle Atlantis experience is terrific. It's great for children and adults.
Read rubyblue's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image Leisa69xo
Jul 2015
Disappointing ... Not worth it in my opinion. Exciting for about 5 minutes.
Read Leisa69xo's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image kemcruise
Jun 2015
Excellent day at Kennedy Space Center. Could have spent more time there, had to hurry along but worked out okay for us.
Read kemcruise's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image den mar
Jun 2015
space center was a terrific tour!
Read den mar's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image kissamn
Jun 2015
i found it really informative,the exibits were great,a lot of cool history there
Read kissamn's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image revbruce
Jun 2015
Fantastic! and very moving personally.. especially the exhibit of the space shuttle Atlantis
Read revbruce's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image Working 2 cruise again
May 2015
We explored this port after the cruise and went to visit Kennedy Space Center. My children and husband loved it, I on the other hand was a little bored. There were parts that were interesting, but after being in the other ports it was very ho-hum. It was extremely expensive for what I felt that you got out of it.
Read Working 2 cruise again's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image Camilla32
Apr 2015
Interesting excursions. Our guide, Mark, never waited for my mother to catch up and never helped her on or off any of the busses which I did not find helpful. One driver wanted me to slide the walker under the bus.
Read Camilla32's full Marina cruise review
Provider: Oceania Cruises
Member Image kathy601970
Apr 2015
Our family group spent the day at KSC and it was both interesting and informative for all of us. My husband and I remembered the space race and that first landing on the moon. So wonderful to see some of the spacecraft involved. Now we're hoping we last long enough to see people on Mars.
Read kathy601970's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image spanmom
Apr 2015
It was very interesting and it was cool to see the real spacecraft there. The bus ride was interesting also. Again, the cost was a bit high, but it was educational as well.
Read spanmom's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image Cuizer2
Apr 2015
This is the third time I've taken this tour. The last time was about six months ago. I told the tour guide I was going on my own and would meet up with her at the large granite ball / red umbrellas at 11:20am. This allowed me a self guided tour that was better than the guided tour, which I have been on twice.
Read Cuizer2's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image SBWashington
Apr 2015
I visited many years ago but I found it worthwhile going again. The tour was 7 hours long and I still didn't see everything there. We were also able to see a space shot from where the ship was docked before leaving Cape Canaveral.
Read SBWashington's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image Docsavage
Apr 2015
Well worth seeing and with airport drop off well worth the cost. It was a guided tour which was helpful. with the shuttle Atlantis and all the interactive stuff to do it is fun for both kids and adults.
Read Docsavage's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Mike Lowe
Apr 2015
A never-to-be-forgotten experience, seeing the various rockets and launch sites. Then the shuttle Atlantis, with cargo bay doors wide open, a lunar landing module, a moon rover, the actual control panels used for Apollo Eleven. I touched a piece of moon rock, mounted in a case so that you could reach in with your fingers and touch it. And then, while our bus took us around the launch sites, in the water I saw for the first time a real live dugong! What a wonderful day.
Read Mike Lowe's full Queen Victoria cruise review
Provider: Cunard Line
Member Image chriswat
Apr 2015
Fantastic 8 hour tour of NASA - we really enjoyed the tour. Only downside was a delay in the bus going back to the ship - we had to wait 3/4 of an hour for the bus - not well organised.
Read chriswat's full Queen Victoria cruise review
Provider: Cunard Line
Member Image jcvcruiser
Apr 2015
Son and husband enjoyed this excursion so much the first time they wanted to go back a second time. Quick bus ride to and from the Space Center and they got to see Atlantis Shuttle which was not there previously.
Read jcvcruiser's full Quantum of the Seas cruise review
Member Image KMB5
Apr 2015
The excursion went very well, I would say that we got to do almost everything we wanted to see there but the ship waited. I believe it was worth the cost.
Read KMB5's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image Lumric
Apr 2015
My big problem with tours like these is that they rarely give you enough time to do what the locals want you to do, hit the gift shop(s). Liked how they took you straight from ship to the Saturn V / Apollo building inside the complex. You get a close look at the Saturn V rocket and realize how big it was. Next was to the visitors center, wandered around a bit, then went to an Imax movie. Well I was suppose to, do to another person I stormed out of the theater. This wasn't a bad thing as it gave me time to visit the main gift shop at the center, and grab a needed bite to eat. After everyone else got out of the movie, over to Atlantis. Great presentation, and almost not enough time to look at everything in there... And shop. All in all, I would do what did and skip the Imax movie and explore the center for those 45 minutes the movie runs.
Read Lumric's full Quantum of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Mochach1p
Mar 2015
I can't give a response to this because I only saw the outside. After standing in line waiting in the hot sun for the bus to take us to here, none of the folks on the bus wanted to get off and walk around.
Read Mochach1p's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image Ninkap11
Mar 2015
Was very disorganized, we had to hurry and leave sites of interest only to wait in line for a bus for 30 minutes. The tour guide was very informative.
Read Ninkap11's full Quantum of the Seas cruise review
Member Image emcbeebee@comcast.net
Mar 2015
If you have time and you love space, the Kennedy Space Center is a must. My husband and I had a wonderful time there. We went the day before we were supposed to sail, so we had plenty of time to visit.
Read emcbeebee@comcast.net's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Rob9999
Feb 2015
Not enough time to see the whole display _________________________________________________________________________----___________________________________________________
Read Rob9999's full Grandeur of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Peetr
Feb 2015
Nice for people who are interested in nasa, but a little boring if you are not or traveling with young kids.
Read Peetr's full Quantum of the Seas cruise review

Guides name was Mark. He did a wonderful job

Read C&T1947's full Quantum of the Seas cruise review
Member Image klemeci
Nov 2014

A tour of the Kennedy Space Center was a great way to spend the day. It was timely, fairly organized and worth the trip. We got to see the orbiter Atlantis up close and saw a 3D movie about the Hubble Telescope (there is also one about the Space Station).

Read klemeci's full Quantum of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Florida Fan
Nov 2014

We'd never been to the Space Center, so we were delighted with this tour. We saw the museums and rockets. Very inspiring.

Read Florida Fan's full Quantum of the Seas cruise review
Member Image caligirlnyc
Oct 2014

This excursion is a bit expensive, but worth it. There is a 30 minute, or so bus ride out to the center. The tour guides are informative. Take the bus tour at the center early since it takes up a lot of time. You'll see where all the old launch pad are. There are a lot of interesting artifacts, and the Angry Birds exhibit is fun for the kids. At the end, the entire cruise ship group has a private screening of the International Space Center movie in IMAX. Very cool!

Read caligirlnyc's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image Putnam615
Oct 2014

Not enough time here as the ship was about an hour late getting in so we only had a few hours here. The simulator on the Atlantis was good, the kids liked that. I grew up a huge space buff & I was a little disappointed with the appearance of the center, but I guess this is to be expected since they have no money anymore.

Read Putnam615's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image Cruisin'Chills
Apr 2014

This excursion is listed as being 7 hours and it really does take every minute of that. We left the ship just a bit after noon when we were cleared and reboarded almost exactly at 7:30. The ride the the KSC from the ship is not long -- 20 minutes maybe -- and the tour guide has lots of interesting facts to share on the way. The KSC is quite large and spread out, thus the amount of time needed there. One of the best exhibits is the Apollo/Saturn V center, and it requires riding the KSC shuttle bus to get there (and you can't just be taken straight there, they take you on the drive around the WHOLE property, by the launchpads and such). You need to allow at least 2-3 hours of your time for this whole expedition, including the movie/presentation at the Apollo center. (Keep an eye out for gators or other wildlife on the shuttle bus, and you'll probably see them. We did.) We also really enjoyed the Atlantis space shuttle exhibition, and the special IMAX showing of the International Space Station that was put on after closing time just for the Breakaway passengers.

Read Cruisin'Chills's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image wendyinohio
Mar 2014

My husband and I enjoyed the Kennedy Space Center much more than our teenage kids did. We think it's because we lived through so much of the space history - the first walk on the moon, the orbits around the earth, the shuttle programs, the Challenger disaster, etc. So the Space Center is much more relevant to us than it is to our kids. But we all agreed it was interesting trip and we were glad we went.

Read wendyinohio's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image RickySQL
Mar 2014

We chose the Kennedy Space Center, in Port Canaveral, as neither of us had toured it before. We were both impressed with the well-done exhibits and made it through as much as we could, skipping through some things to take in others. We'd need another day to see everything. I'd highly recommend it.

Read RickySQL's full Carnival Splendor cruise review
Member Image Skell
Feb 2014

First we Went to Kennedy Space Center. We booked our tickets off a website for half the price that the cruise was offering. Keep in mind that to get to the space center on your own the best way is to rent a car for $50. if not the taxi is $50 there and $50 back. We ended up getting a really great guy who took us to town to exchange canadian money first and then to the space center and never charged us to go into town. he dropped us off and we picked a time to get picked up and the he took us to cocoa beach for no extra charge either.

The Space center was great. if you want to do everything i would suggest spending the whole day there. we didnt watch the imax movies which are 2 x 40 mins. and all we did was the tour and atlantis experience which took about 3 1/2 to 4 hours.

great time. I would go again.

Read Skell's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Provider: orlandofuntickets.com
Member Image bellbandmom
Jan 2014

The weather was miserable which added to the bad experience. We had a very disorganized tour and my husband and I actually got separated. The tour guide rushed through the exhibits and she was very hard to follow. The actual museum was very enjoyable though. We did enjoy the exhibits that we had time to see but wish we had a better, more organized tour guide.

Read bellbandmom's full Explorer of the Seas cruise review
Member Image cautious cruiser
Aug 2013

Would have been a 5 but there was a water main break the night before and we could not go into the Atlantis part.

Read cautious cruiser's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Provider: AETNA
Member Image ric1816
Aug 2013

Interesting but not spectacular.

Read ric1816's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image gkwan99
Jul 2013

We did the Up Close tour that included a bus tour of the KSC grounds. Long tour (7 hours) but saw some really cool things.

Read gkwan99's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image Meers78
Mar 2013
Well organized, Bus ride back and forth was informative, Peace of mind (if you will)since you pay up for it. On the flip side, may be expensive if booked if booked through the cruise line.
Read Meers78's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image Stormtroopers888
Mar 2013
You can't go wrong. This trip is fun but not enough time.
Read Stormtroopers888's full Carnival Splendor cruise review
Member Image gerii
Mar 2013
The only problem with this excursion was that we were to arrive in Port at 1pm and we're late getting clearance to get off the ship. In order to make sure we made the buses back to port from the Space Center, we were rushed in our visit.
Read gerii's full Explorer of the Seas cruise review
Member Image rafinmd
Feb 2013
There is really nothing at the port so venturing afield is a virtual necessity. I chose a tour to Kennedy Space Center, although I have been there several times in the past. I think it's a must do for anyone who hasn't been and I loved my visit there. One thing to look forward to in the future will be the unveiling of the Space Shuttle Atlantis in Summer 2013. Other options are shopping or theme parks in Orlando, and shuttle to Cocoa Beach for either beach or shopping.
Read rafinmd's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image Fisherwoman
Jan 2013

We booked the VIP tour but it was cancelled so we did the regular tour. Very well organized and very entertaining.

Read Fisherwoman's full Explorer of the Seas cruise review
Member Image str8stack71
Dec 2012
we had a great tour of the Kennedy Space Center... as must see if it interest you. Make sure you go see the rocket garden and take a ride on the space simulator... neat experience. Well worth the money. However you will pay twice as much if you book it thru the cruise line. Its just as easy to get off ship and grab a taxi.. there are tons of taxis waiting around for someone to need them. Finding a taxi has never been a problem.
Read str8stack71's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image tewkewl
Dec 2012
It was awesome. I would do it again. so informative.
Read tewkewl's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image stevepd
Nov 2012
Had a good time at Kennedy. Kids aspire to work in science and space. There is nothing close to the terminal. Was easy to get out to my parents area and get picked up.
Read stevepd's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image DTMandM
Nov 2012
My son and I took the airboat tour. Very enjoyable would highly recommend it to anyone. My wife and daughter toured NASA and were happy with their excursion.
Read DTMandM's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image ColoradoCoach03
Oct 2012
Take a cab, 888 taxi will accept reservations for the ride to Cape Canaveral. We made reservations for the entrance to the park and a tour of the Vehicle Assembly building cost was $70 for all, but it was well worth the trip.
Read ColoradoCoach03's full Veendam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image marybor
Sep 2012
Had no real interest but I'm delighted that I went. I was amazed and informed.
Read marybor's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image CMM
Aug 2012
There is not much to do here but take an excursion to a Park. We went to the Kennedy Space Center and enjoyed our day. Carnival was charging over $100 for this excursion. We rented a car from Budget for $35 and printed out advance tickets for Kennedy Space center off their website which offered $5 off. We saved $50pp or $200 for our family by doing this on our own. Carnival just gives you a bus ride. My husband and son are interested in the space program and really enjoyed the Saturn exhibit. There are great Imax movies included too and a cool space simulator ride. We took the 2 hour tour included in the general admission. I would suggest renting a car as there is a free shuttle by the rental agency to their office. We took along crackers to hold us over as the food is expensive and generic there.
Read CMM's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image narrow56
Jul 2012
This is a must do at least once in your life. I have always wanted to visit so I was happy to be able to on this trip. The highlight for me was the enormous Apollo rocket.
Read narrow56's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image mivywislip22
Jun 2012
As there were 8 of us, 3 went to Kennedy Space Center and the Others went to Sea World. The Kennedy Space center Up Close tour was excellent. Got to be very close to the launch pads and assembly buildings etc in a 2 hour bus tour. Then went to the space center to see the exhibits on our on time. Overall nice day.
Read mivywislip22's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image twobacks
May 2012
The Kennedy Space Center was very interesting. We did the 'Up Close' tour which took us to additional areas, such as the launch platforms.
Read twobacks's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image johnnypiano
May 2012
We went to Kennedy Space Center through an excursion booked with the cruise line. In the future I would probably book it on my own and rent a car to go to KSC. The amount we paid on the cruise ship was more than twice the entrance fee to KSC. We arrived at KSC as they opened. We had some time to explore what they offered there and then took a bus over to see the Saturn V rocket and some other items of note. The bus ride is fairly long, and wasted some of our time that day. When we got back we ate lunch and did some more exploring. We would have liked to view the IMAX movie, but we ran out of time and had to get back to the bus.
Read johnnypiano's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image Family Travel Story
Apr 2012
Very educational
Read Family Travel Story's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Member Image GoddessofJava
Feb 2012
This was amazing and I am sorry I had not made an effort to see it sooner. The busses to get there and back were comfortable, the guides informative and charming, and the Space Center itself is a must-see, in my strong opinion. Was really glad we did it.
Read GoddessofJava's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image davek603
Feb 2012
Space center was great. Signed up for the up close and personal tour but got down grades due to lack of interest. However once there we saw lots of others that did get that tour. Don't plan on seeing it all in the allotted time! There is to much to see even at a brisk pace!
Read davek603's full Carnival Pride cruise review