Port Canaveral (Orlando) Kennedy Space Center Excursion Reviews

Port Canaveral (Orlando) Kennedy Space Center cruise excursion
Overall Rating
A visit to Kennedy Space Center, near Port Canaveral, is your chance to explore space travel and experience history in the making!
Member Image Teeara
Apr 2016
We spent 3 days prior to our cruise in Orlando, but the day before our cruise we spent at Kennedy Space Center and it was excellent. I would, however, recommend that if you can, do it in TWO days rather than one. There is so much to see and do that you simply cannot experience it all in one day. But one day is better than no days, so DEFINITELY make it part of your trip! We had lunch with an astronaut which was great and enjoyed the free bus tour of out to the Saturn V area and the Shuttle Atlantis exhibit must NOT be missed.
Read Teeara's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Wendy_1970
Apr 2016
Was able to see all the exhibits in minimal time
Read Wendy_1970's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image dazey
Apr 2016
Tour was planned through the ship and that worked well. Bus was clean and comfortable. Lots of things to see for both children and adults
Read dazey's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image lanzadaisy
Apr 2016
This was really the only option offered for our mid cruise visit to Orlando. Having done Houston on a previous occasion, we found this of more interest although rather expensive.
Read lanzadaisy's full Norwegian Spirit cruise review
Great experience, especially the IMAX and Atlantis Space Shuttle
Read bdavid1278's full Norwegian Spirit cruise review
Member Image my4luvs
Nov 2015
The tour guides were wonderful and knowledgeable. They gave us a lot of background about Nasa and Disney. Nice little treat.
Read my4luvs's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image grammah317
Nov 2015
Pleasant day at Port Canaveral. Knowledgeable speakers.
Read grammah317's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Provider: 4 Seasons Travel
Member Image Vancscribbler
Nov 2015
FANTASTIC! One of the best shore excursions ever done on a cruise. To be right there, standing underneath the REAL Atlantis space shuttle was an incredible experience. And the simulated shuttle launch experience was also terrific...and no extra cost. IMAX film too! If you do this tour...make sure to take time to visit the little area set aside in the Shuttle Experience Building to see the memory "boxes' of the astronauts who have died in advancing the space program. Very touching.
Read Vancscribbler's full Celebrity Eclipse cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image bonniefromtheblock
Oct 2015
Had 8 hours before flight so this was perfect thing to do before heading to airport
Read bonniefromtheblock's full Disney Fantasy cruise review
Provider: Disney Cruise Line
Member Image Mimi A
Sep 2015
We did the self-guided tour, but quickly realized that the relatively short time we would be there (7-8 hours) would only scratch the surface. To really see the Visitor's complex and other buildings, you need at least two full days. Definitely worth seeing. There is equipment from all the space programs: Gemini, Apollo, Space Shuttle, etc.
Read Mimi A's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image lynee1004
Aug 2015
We truly enjoyed this excursion. Our son is crazy about all things space related so he was thrilled. They also had an IMAX movie at Space Center that was mind blowing! The only down side, we kept checking the time to make sure we got back to bus on time.
Read lynee1004's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image rubyblue
Aug 2015
This was a great tour. The exhibits are set up in a way that allows you to go at your own pace. There were so many interesting things to see. The Space Shuutle Atlantis experience is terrific. It's great for children and adults.
Read rubyblue's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image Leisa69xo
Jul 2015
Disappointing ... Not worth it in my opinion. Exciting for about 5 minutes.
Read Leisa69xo's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image kemcruise
Jun 2015
Excellent day at Kennedy Space Center. Could have spent more time there, had to hurry along but worked out okay for us.
Read kemcruise's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image den mar
Jun 2015
space center was a terrific tour!
Read den mar's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image kissamn
Jun 2015
i found it really informative,the exibits were great,a lot of cool history there
Read kissamn's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image revbruce
Jun 2015
Fantastic! and very moving personally.. especially the exhibit of the space shuttle Atlantis
Read revbruce's full Carnival Pride cruise review
Member Image Working 2 cruise again
May 2015
We explored this port after the cruise and went to visit Kennedy Space Center. My children and husband loved it, I on the other hand was a little bored. There were parts that were interesting, but after being in the other ports it was very ho-hum. It was extremely expensive for what I felt that you got out of it.
Read Working 2 cruise again's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Member Image Camilla32
Apr 2015
Interesting excursions. Our guide, Mark, never waited for my mother to catch up and never helped her on or off any of the busses which I did not find helpful. One driver wanted me to slide the walker under the bus.
Read Camilla32's full Marina cruise review
Provider: Oceania Cruises
Member Image kathy601970
Apr 2015
Our family group spent the day at KSC and it was both interesting and informative for all of us. My husband and I remembered the space race and that first landing on the moon. So wonderful to see some of the spacecraft involved. Now we're hoping we last long enough to see people on Mars.
Read kathy601970's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image spanmom
Apr 2015
It was very interesting and it was cool to see the real spacecraft there. The bus ride was interesting also. Again, the cost was a bit high, but it was educational as well.
Read spanmom's full Norwegian Breakaway cruise review
Member Image Cuizer2
Apr 2015
This is the third time I've taken this tour. The last time was about six months ago. I told the tour guide I was going on my own and would meet up with her at the large granite ball / red umbrellas at 11:20am. This allowed me a self guided tour that was better than the guided tour, which I have been on twice.
Read Cuizer2's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image SBWashington
Apr 2015
I visited many years ago but I found it worthwhile going again. The tour was 7 hours long and I still didn't see everything there. We were also able to see a space shot from where the ship was docked before leaving Cape Canaveral.
Read SBWashington's full Norwegian Gem cruise review
Member Image Docsavage
Apr 2015
Well worth seeing and with airport drop off well worth the cost. It was a guided tour which was helpful. with the shuttle Atlantis and all the interactive stuff to do it is fun for both kids and adults.
Read Docsavage's full Enchantment of the Seas cruise review