Port Canaveral Kennedy Space Center Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Port Canaveral Shore Excursions > Kennedy Space Center

A visit to Kennedy Space Center, near Port Canaveral, is your chance to explore space travel and experience history in the making!

caligirlnyc

This excursion is a bit expensive, but worth it. There is a 30 minute, or so bus ride out to the center. The tour guides are informative. Take the bus tour at the center early since it takes up a lot of time. You'll see where all the old launch pad are. There are a lot of interesting artifacts, and the Angry Birds exhibit is fun for the kids. At the end, the entire cruise ship group has a private screening of the International Space Center movie in IMAX. Very cool!

Cruisin'Chills

1 review

This excursion is listed as being 7 hours and it really does take every minute of that. We left the ship just a bit after noon when we were cleared and reboarded almost exactly at 7:30. The ride the the KSC from the ship is not long -- 20 minutes maybe -- and the tour guide has lots of interesting facts to share on the way. The KSC is quite large and spread out, thus the amount of time needed there. One of the best exhibits is the Apollo/Saturn V center, and it requires riding the KSC shuttle bus to get there (and you can't just be taken straight there, they take you on the drive around the WHOLE property, by the launchpads and such). You need to allow at least 2-3 hours of your time for this whole expedition, including the movie/presentation at the Apollo center. (Keep an eye out for gators or other wildlife on the shuttle bus, and you'll probably see them. We did.) We also really enjoyed the Atlantis space shuttle exhibition, and the special IMAX showing of the International Space Station that was put on after closing time just for the Breakaway passengers.

wendyinohio

1 review

My husband and I enjoyed the Kennedy Space Center much more than our teenage kids did. We think it's because we lived through so much of the space history - the first walk on the moon, the orbits around the earth, the shuttle programs, the Challenger disaster, etc. So the Space Center is much more relevant to us than it is to our kids. But we all agreed it was interesting trip and we were glad we went.

RickySQL

We chose the Kennedy Space Center, in Port Canaveral, as neither of us had toured it before. We were both impressed with the well-done exhibits and made it through as much as we could, skipping through some things to take in others. We'd need another day to see everything. I'd highly recommend it.

Skell

First we Went to Kennedy Space Center. We booked our tickets off a website for half the price that the cruise was offering. Keep in mind that to get to the space center on your own the best way is to rent a car for $50. if not the taxi is $50 there and $50 back. We ended up getting a really great guy who took us to town to exchange canadian money first and then to the space center and never charged us to go into town. he dropped us off and we picked a time to get picked up and the he took us to cocoa beach for no extra charge either.

The Space center was great. if you want to do everything i would suggest spending the whole day there. we didnt watch the imax movies which are 2 x 40 mins. and all we did was the tour and atlantis experience which took about 3 1/2 to 4 hours.

great time. I would go again.

bellbandmom

1 review

The weather was miserable which added to the bad experience. We had a very disorganized tour and my husband and I actually got separated. The tour guide rushed through the exhibits and she was very hard to follow. The actual museum was very enjoyable though. We did enjoy the exhibits that we had time to see but wish we had a better, more organized tour guide.

cautious cruiser

1 review

Would have been a 5 but there was a water main break the night before and we could not go into the Atlantis part.

ric1816

Interesting but not spectacular.

gkwan99

1 review

We did the Up Close tour that included a bus tour of the KSC grounds. Long tour (7 hours) but saw some really cool things.

Meers78

1 review

Well organized, Bus ride back and forth was informative, Peace of mind (if you will)since you pay up for it. On the flip side, may be expensive if booked if booked through the cruise line.

Stormtroopers888

1 review

You can't go wrong. This trip is fun but not enough time.

gerii

1 review

The only problem with this excursion was that we were to arrive in Port at 1pm and we're late getting clearance to get off the ship. In order to make sure we made the buses back to port from the Space Center, we were rushed in our visit.

rafinmd

There is really nothing at the port so venturing afield is a virtual necessity. I chose a tour to Kennedy Space Center, although I have been there several times in the past. I think it's a must do for anyone who hasn't been and I loved my visit there. One thing to look forward to in the future will be the unveiling of the Space Shuttle Atlantis in Summer 2013. Other options are shopping or theme parks in Orlando, and shuttle to Cocoa Beach for either beach or shopping.

Fisherwoman

We booked the VIP tour but it was cancelled so we did the regular tour. Very well organized and very entertaining.

str8stack71

1 review

we had a great tour of the Kennedy Space Center... as must see if it interest you. Make sure you go see the rocket garden and take a ride on the space simulator... neat experience. Well worth the money. However you will pay twice as much if you book it thru the cruise line. Its just as easy to get off ship and grab a taxi.. there are tons of taxis waiting around for someone to need them. Finding a taxi has never been a problem.

tewkewl

1 review

It was awesome. I would do it again. so informative.

stevepd

1 review

Had a good time at Kennedy. Kids aspire to work in science and space. There is nothing close to the terminal. Was easy to get out to my parents area and get picked up.

DTMandM

1 review

My son and I took the airboat tour. Very enjoyable would highly recommend it to anyone. My wife and daughter toured NASA and were happy with their excursion.

ColoradoCoach03

1 review

Take a cab, 888 taxi will accept reservations for the ride to Cape Canaveral. We made reservations for the entrance to the park and a tour of the Vehicle Assembly building cost was $70 for all, but it was well worth the trip.

marybor

Had no real interest but I'm delighted that I went. I was amazed and informed.

CMM

1 review

There is not much to do here but take an excursion to a Park. We went to the Kennedy Space Center and enjoyed our day. Carnival was charging over $100 for this excursion. We rented a car from Budget for $35 and printed out advance tickets for Kennedy Space center off their website which offered $5 off. We saved $50pp or $200 for our family by doing this on our own. Carnival just gives you a bus ride. My husband and son are interested in the space program and really enjoyed the Saturn exhibit. There are great Imax movies included too and a cool space simulator ride. We took the 2 hour tour included in the general admission. I would suggest renting a car as there is a free shuttle by the rental agency to their office. We took along crackers to hold us over as the food is expensive and generic there.

narrow56

This is a must do at least once in your life. I have always wanted to visit so I was happy to be able to on this trip. The highlight for me was the enormous Apollo rocket.

mivywislip22

1 review

As there were 8 of us, 3 went to Kennedy Space Center and the Others went to Sea World. The Kennedy Space center Up Close tour was excellent. Got to be very close to the launch pads and assembly buildings etc in a 2 hour bus tour. Then went to the space center to see the exhibits on our on time. Overall nice day.

twobacks

1 review

The Kennedy Space Center was very interesting. We did the 'Up Close' tour which took us to additional areas, such as the launch platforms.

johnnypiano

1 review

We went to Kennedy Space Center through an excursion booked with the cruise line. In the future I would probably book it on my own and rent a car to go to KSC. The amount we paid on the cruise ship was more than twice the entrance fee to KSC. We arrived at KSC as they opened. We had some time to explore what they offered there and then took a bus over to see the Saturn V rocket and some other items of note. The bus ride is fairly long, and wasted some of our time that day. When we got back we ate lunch and did some more exploring. We would have liked to view the IMAX movie, but we ran out of time and had to get back to the bus.

Family Travel Story

Very educational

GoddessofJava

This was amazing and I am sorry I had not made an effort to see it sooner. The busses to get there and back were comfortable, the guides informative and charming, and the Space Center itself is a must-see, in my strong opinion. Was really glad we did it.

davek603

Space center was great. Signed up for the up close and personal tour but got down grades due to lack of interest. However once there we saw lots of others that did get that tour. Don't plan on seeing it all in the allotted time! There is to much to see even at a brisk pace!