Port Canaveral Walt Disney World Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Port Canaveral Shore Excursions > Walt Disney World

Discover the magic at Walt Disney World’s theme parks -- a fun adventure for any age! The parks are about 45 miles from Port Canaveral.

neverlandfairie

1 review

Our first port of call was Wednesday in Port Canaveral in Florida instead of the Royal Naval Dockyard in Bermuda because of the hurricane. I felt bad for the people who had already paid for their excursions (we didn't because we were gonna do our own thing). We were there from 9am to 5pm (the ship left at 5pm). Some of the options for the shore excursions were: Disney Parks, Universal Parks, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center, and Cocoa Beach (off the top of my head). I couldn't resist Disney even though it was expensive ($180 each!) so we went to the Magic Kingdom. What a rip-off it turned out to be! We left the ship at 8-8:30am, boarded a tour bus which took us to the Magic Kingdom transportation center (~1 hour), then walked all the way from the transportation center to the monorail which took us to MK. I guess we got there by 10am. Surprise, surprise for anyone else who didn't go to MK - after the monorail, you had to find a bus to take you to the other parks! My aunt talked to a family later about that who said that they never would've gone to Animal Kingdom (which we almost considered going to) had they known they needed to take another bus to the park. I assumed that the tour bus would take everyone directly to each park. Anyway, we got there at 10am, went through some of the shops on Main Street, bought a few things which took a half hour to an hour, then walked to Fantasyland/New Fantasyland to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, which was an hour wait time without a Fast Pass (they gave out information on the tour bus to get Fast Passes online through your smartphone, but I didn't bring mine). The ride was very cute, by the way! By then it was around 12PM and we were hungry. We decided to go to the Be Our Guest restaurant, which was nice. However, we didn't get to eat until 12:30 (apparently you need a Fast Pass for that, too) so we hung around the Beauty and the Beast area for a half hour. It had to be around 1:30-2PM by the time we were done. There were other things I wanted to do, but we really only had time for one more ride, so we did Winnie the Pooh, which was supposedly a 10 minute wait but felt like 20. After that, we had to head back since it was after 2PM and the buses were supposed to start leaving at 2:45. We went to pick up our stuff at City Hall, exit, go to the monorail, take the monorail to the transportation center, get some refreshments at the mini store there, then walk back to the buses. It was not easy at all for my aunt, who has back problems and needs to use a cane. By the time we got on the bus, it was 3PM and the other buses before us had already left. Then it was an hour back to the ship, and the ship departed at 5pm. Bottom line: as much as I love Disney, 5 hours is really not enough time there, especially for the amount of money that was paid. What would've been better was if they provided a shore excursion to Downtown Disney because there's still stuff to do there and it's more feasible to see in ~5 hours. Personally, I would have rather spent 2 days at our next port of call in Nassau, the Bahamas. I'm not sure why the ship couldn't have done that. My aunt thought we should've just stayed on the ship. Apparently NCL has their own private island too. We could've even gone there. I don't know why we didn't.

TSan7100

1 review

A Very pleasant moment from the ship to Magic Kingdom and back to the ship..

MalervyC

Yes it was expensive, but worth the cost for peace of mind. Plenty of people got stuck in traffic on the way back and the ship didn't leave without them

phxbbw6ft1

1 review

WDW- We love Disneyland so we were very excited to visit WDW. It did not disappoint- we loved it. We were dropped off in a parking lot and took a tram to the magic kingdom. Literally the gates opened as we got there. What a fun day!

poprok17

1 review

Epcot was great but that is Disney. The bus to Epcot was not great. It was tiny, smelly and uncomfortable. The price was $160 and that included Epcot and the bus. Through Disney, Epcot is $90. So, we paid $70 for a horrible bus ride, it beats the $150 taxi they claim we would have to pay but still.

broadwayfreak13

The trip to Disney was fun, as usual. We were originally going to go to the Disney water parks, but when we won bingo, we spent the money on the excursion to Magic Kingdom. It was our first trip to Disney in the summer even though we've gone to Disney several times before. The only problem was that since it was Summer, it was extremely hot and crowded. Lines were long and we had to be at the ship by 5:30pm, so we didn't get to do as much as we'd liked to.

dforeigner

This excursion was included with the price of the cruise.

arguy75

1 review

Was a fireworks show at Epcot. Horrible.

fozman68

1 review

Bus ride to Magic Kingdom took about 1 hour, we were their for 5 hours and then ride back to the cruise ship took another hour. The air condition broke down on the bus, but that wasn't Carnival's fault. Drivers were pleasant, and professional, and Magic Kingdom was overcrowded due to spring break.

BHCC

1 review

Very efficiently run. We disembarked at noon and were at the part by 1:20pm. You don't have much time at the park so plan accordingly. It was my son's first time and he had a blast! We did the character dinner at the Crystal Palace which was pricey but, even I have to say, worth the money.

ukcruiser2013

1 review

Fabulous day out all parks and transport included with the price of the cruise..... Book your transfer off the cruise to the parks early ! Paid extra for the VIP fireworks area - well worth the money - don't forget the camera ! Also popped over for the 6pm showing of Cirque du Soleil - wonderful. All in all a perfect day out

attilamom1217

Went to Magic Kingdom. Bus was comfortable. Driver ensured we knew how to find the bus at the end of the day. Admission was the one park only card. Transportation Center (where the bus drops off and picks up) is at the Monorail and water taxi stop. We took the water taxi to the Magic Kingdom and the Monorail back. There is plenty of time to see a great deal of the park and go on the rides, see exhibits, etc. We saw the parade down Main St. and made it back to the bus in plenty of time. Also had time to shop a little before the parade. Would do this excursion again.

lexdysic

Please keep in mind, it is over an hour to drive to Disney form the port. At best, you'll have about 4-5 hours to spend at the park. If you're a Disney fanatic, go for it. Otherwise, the NASA tour is excellent and only a few miles away.

Provider: Independent Operator

crickette24

Our shore excursion to Walt Disney World was a complete fiasco and the worst experience of our entire Royal Caribbean Cruise. I have no idea why Royal Caribbean even bothered to advertise a shore excursion to Walt Disney World for the stop in Port Canaveral on Christmas Eve. It was an expensive waste of time and money. The boat didn't get into Port Canaveral until 11am, we were disembarked by 11:30am and it took an hour by bus to get to Disney World. We got to the park at 1pm only to be told that the Magic Kingdom was CLOSED because the park had reached capacity and was full. This was the one stop my two children were really looking forward to and had talked about for weeks in advance. You can imagine the tears when they couldn't see the Magic Kingdom. And the upset parents, grandparents, and children all on the bus. Even worse, we were out $300 for park tickets and $100 for the bus ride. And we were supposed to wait until 7pm to take the return bus back. We also had a character dining reservation in the Magic Kingdom that we couldn't get to because we couldn't get into the park. So I had to spend nearly an hour on the phone with WDW reservations trying to avoid a no-show penalty. It was an AWFUL experience! The shore excursion bus didn't drop us off at the Magic Kingdom as promised, but instead took us to the WDW transportation hub and basically made us fend for ourselves. With two elderly grandparents and two young children, this was no easy feat. We ended up packed in the Animal Kingdom, which no one really cared to visit. And because we didn't want to have to wait until 7pm or 8pm for the return bus, we ended up shelling out nearly $200 for private transportation back to the boat. When I went the next day to the shore excursions desk to ask for a refund, the gentleman at the desk was rude and hostile. Apparently a lot of other families had complained about the Disney fiasco and he was not in a good mood. He started to write up a report for his supervisor, noting my complaints. When i started to read the report over his shoulder to make sure it was accurate, he yelled at me, put his hand over the computer screen, and said it was "private" and "not for me to read!" WTF? This is MY report, and I wanted to make sure it was accurate. I received a phone call the next day from a supervisor, saying I would be refunded the shore excursion bus ride, but I have yet to see the credit on my credit statement, and it's been nearly a week! Guess I need to call back on that one. The Bottom line - Don't bother with a Disney day trip as a shore excursion from Port Canaveral. The ship gets in way too late (11am) to have enough time to enjoy anything. It's a waste of time and money. In fact, the Port Canaveral stop should just be skipped altogether. It's not really warm there, there isn't a whole lot to do, etc. Royal Caribbean would be better off just skipping over it and going straight to the warm and tropical bahamas for another day. And don't bother with anything Disney during Christmas vacation week. The Magic Kingdom park was closed at capacity of 75,000 before 12 noon on both December 24 and I heard also December 25 and December 26 and December 27. The Animal Kingdom was packed body to body. We only got to go on two rides for the entire time we were there. And then we left. Save your money! To add insult to injury, we found out after we got back to the boat that we could have gotten into the Magic Kingdom, despite it being closed, because we had a dining reservation. No one on Royal Caribbean or the Shore Excursion bus told us this or explained the exception to us. And the parking attendant at the Magic Kingdom just blanketedly turned everyone away instead of checking to see if anyone had dining reservations in the park. It was a mess to the 1000th degree. Just don't do it!

Provider: Royal Caribbean International

Dkarb

1 review

Very organized. The bus was comfortable. We had enough time in Magic Kingdom. The cost was only a slight premium over booking it ourselves.

judipa

1 review

Did not realize that 10 hour tour time clock started ticking the moment we met on the dock. Not enough time at the park on a summer day to do much. We only managed 7 rides which was not much for $160 each.

bunnyman

WDW...enough said!

BlueHawaii

1 review

Went perfectly. We had about 7 hours in the Magic Kingdom, which was plenty of time for us to do all the rides that we wanted. The ride there and back was very smooth and well-organized.

christians1215

1 review

Our last port of call was Port Canaveral, where we took a bus to the Magic Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort. As always, we had had a great time at Walt Disney World.

NYGirl1002

What can you say about Disneyworld? It's great! Disney actually gives you a park hopper and transports you to and from the park. All aboard was midnight so you have plenty of time to enjoy the day.

Jkcruise21

Epcot-Nice drive there and back (1 hour, 10 minutes), and a lovely day at Epcot..but don't plan on seeing or riding much...just enough time to absorb the atmosphere!

plattworx

1 review

Buses ran on time, drivers were friendly. Company that handles this for NCL gets a A++.

onetoadhall

1 review

we booked and paid for this excursion prior to the cruise, but we were charged for it again during our cruise. It took some time to have it removed from our set sail pass.

sam280

Disorganization in Port, lots of busses. We were stuck on a handicap ready bus, and no one ever showed up, as we waited for the 'needy guest'. The tour guide on the bus knew a lot less then me about Disney and Orlando. (I am full time theme park manager). If you are going to welcome first time guests, know your info please. Magic Kingdom was overwhelmed that day, so we dodged the crowds and dined outside at the Polynesian and took it easy on high-capacity rides like Pirates and the Haunted Mansion.

Provider: Royal Caribbean International