Grand Turk Snorkeling Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Grand Turk Shore Excursions > Snorkeling

Peek below the surface of Grand Turk's clear blue water for a glimpse at the Atlantic Ocean's bewildering variety of fascinating marine life.

mugspaw

1 review

The stingrays and snorkeling with a nurse sharks will not be forgotten, the crew was ok on the Oasis Diving boat. I wish we had longer to snorkel though!

Mpeter1569

1 review

Great time and the guides were very knowledgeable. Loved that it was just the 10 of us on the boat.

ABN1985

1 review

We did the Ultimate Snorkeling at Grand Turk and it was AMAZING!!! The staff on the boat was phenomenal. They fed the fish so there would be a good variety of them for us to see. The coral reefs and the thousand foot drop off after the reef was beautiful! I LOVED everything about this excursion! We were even able to pet a shark. This is a MUST-DO activity...you will not be disappointed!

jamily65

1 review

Grand Turk is where we did the power snorkeling over the area of the ocean where it drops from 200 to 7000 feet. I thought you could see more of the drop off but it just goes from where you can see the bottom to black. It was very pretty but I was a little disappointed we did not see more sea life. They take you out in a small boat about 200-300 feet out from shore and then you swim back and that is it. We had yellow tail snapper follow us and we did see one sting ray and one lion fish and coral. I was hoping to see more of variety of fish. I had thought we would get to snorkel about 2 hours but ended up being only about an hour. We did see a lot of the historical area of the island on the way back.

bigdog69

1 review

This was one of the best excursions ever as we got to pet a shark - now that was really cool

Jackie Marie

Grand Turk is beautiful. You can spend time at a pool or the beach for free. We took the Ultimate
Snorkel. We seen many fish and even pet sharks. Great excursion.

ekehey

1 review

We did the Ultimate Snorkeling with Captain John. It was a wonderful experience and well worth the cost. Two boats totaling 64 people were involved plus the captains and mates on each boat. We went to two reefs where the mates were in the water with us and feed the fish. The fish were abundant and colorful at each reef. The coral was beautiful and the water clear as crystal. The best thing as far as we were concerned, there was no current to fight. We have snorkeled several places and fought currents repeatedly. This time no current. Captain John is very knowledgeable and professional as well as safety conscious.

dwexler

1 review

Chukka excursions (or something like that) were great! My compliments to Captain Dan and crew. Snorkeled on coral reef that has 7000 foot drop off. Most incredible snorkel of my life. They also took us to a coral formation closer to the beach that was like a shallow honey comb full of sea life. Crew got a reef shark to come to side of the boat using bottle with holes in it full of meat so you could pet it.

Provider: Celebrity Cruises

nittanycopa

1 review

My initial impression was that it was pretty touristy right off the port. The shops were cheesy, but it was kind of expected. We booked the catamaran sail & snorkel, which was AWESOME. 1 hour of snorkeling and then you sailed over to a private part of the beach (past the shipwreck) to enjoy the sand and some rum punch. I enjoyed the rum punch a little too much and didn't realize it was a little higher proof than what I'm used to. So uh, lightweights beware! If you are in Grand Turk - scuba or snorkel, definitely, and book ahead of time because they filled up fast.

AmberlBB

1 review

Did the "power snorkeling" trip. Driver was very informative, giving a history of the island on our way to the snorkeling site. Staff was very helpful showing us how to run the propelled machines for the snorkeling. They made sure everyone knew how to run them. It's an outstanding experience for those who have difficulty snorkeling, because the machine does the "kicking" for you. But it's also great for experienced snorkelers and divers, because you can direct the machine to propel you underwater, which enables you to have a great "free diving" experience. I highly recommend this to everyone.

wwschham

1 review

We went on a Power Snorkel Tour at Grand Turk, and this was a wonderful experience. We had excellent guides, who were very helpful and also concerned with safety....All in all, a delightful experience.

Koozie72

When we arrived at the beach near Margaritaville, we booked a boat on our own with Daniel at Crystal Seas Adventures. I am a licensed Captain, with a lifetime of experience. I felt very confident in the boat and captain, in addition we had a great time. Daniel took us to 2 awesome snorkeling locations and then to an area away from the crowds to walk around, eat local fare at Barbie's and do a little shopping. We had a large group including small kids and everyone agreed that this was the highlight of our cruise.

Don1966

1 review

Grand Turk- Power snorkel through Carnival was Awesome! Water was very choppy and we had the 7:30am excursion luckily as the cancelled all the others because of the water. Can't wait to go through my water proof video cam to see what it caught. Margarita-ville.- Fun place and good drinks. Make sure you read menu carefully as I ended up buying a $23 frozen drink which started at $9.00

Serggo6

We were scheduled for 8am, but it was canceled for lack of people. We were then put on the 10:30 no lack of people 60 on a boat exactly why we booked the early trip. Unless you book a private tour outside companies are required to send you to your ships site for reservations. This is more like a private cruise line owned island.

Lukes Grandmother

Catamaran Sailaway, Beach & Snorkel--Very enjoyable time on a catamaran with great snorkeling and very strong rum punch! After snorkeling we spent some time at a marvelous white sand beach with the clearest, most beautiful aqua-colored water. It was like being a swimming pool. Loved it!

pinbot_67

1 review

Power snorkel excursion booked through Carnival. We had a great time, the kids loved seeing the fish up close. Having the self propelled device really helped.

vjpers

Paid $50.00 pp to go to swim with the stingrays and then snorkel at the reef. Worth every penny! This was the most fun of all of the stops. The water was unbelievable! Shopping was more limited here than St. Thomas, but better than Nassau and San Juan.

All5ofusgo

Grand Turk
Wow, so beautiful! We are going back this year. We booked a tour with Blue Water Divers before we left home. We had to take a taxi to them. They were very laid back and super nice. The provided everything we needed and took us to 2 snorkeling sites. One in relatively shallow water and the other at the famous WALL with 7000 foot drop off. AMAZING! We saw sea turtles, sharks, gorgeous fish...we are going back!

The ship docks right at a beach in Grand Turk. You can literally walk off and sit on the beach.

Buerjus

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
We pet a pair of nurse sharks! There were tons of fish to see, the equipment was great and the captain and staff were very nice and helpful!

ad1992

1 review

Nothing went wrong here, they give you booze of you take the catalamere (however it's spelt) ship with the private island.

GretchenAntonelli

1 review

Trunk bay was better! Still had a great time and staff were great!

Ginapier

1 review

We did the power snorkel. It was fun but for the third largest barrier reef, there wasn't too many fish to see. Snorkeling over the wall was cool but... Not the best excursion.

Bookwormgirl

1 review

Power snorkeling. Highly recommend. Very safe and easy to do. Beautiful waters, clear and lots of fish. Got to swim with a barracuda. Snorkled out over the 7,000 foot drop off which was interesting as well. Would do again and again.

jacklego

1 review

This island's beach is one of the most beautiful we've seen. Pristine sand, clear water, 3rd largest reef system in the world. We took a power snorkel tour in the afternoon. The scooters were fun and the guides pointed out a few of the more exotic sea creatures. Just over an hour in the water. The pool area by the cruise ship was very nice, but way too crowded. The beach was not as crowded and had beach chairs, shade, and a few bars/restaurants. There are beach areas on both sides of the pier. The main/popular one is to the left when you get off the ship. The beach to the right is less crowded and looks like it has better snorkeling.

BlondeCruiser24

1 review

They took us to a really neat coral reef. We got to see alot of colorful fish and even a 7,000 foot drop! Yikes! The instructors were very helpful to us first time snorklers and assisted us the whole way.

Annalise

Went on the Ultimate Snorkeling Adventure and it was a another home run. The men who took us out were terrific, funny and very attentive to those who were wary of snorkeling for the first time. We snorkeled over a live reef and saw hundreds of colorful fish, a sea turtle and two nurse sharks. We were out for 3 hours, but it felt like 1/2 hour. It was a once-in-a-lifetime adventure. I will never forget it.

Provider: Crystal Cruises

pandminri

1 review

My first time to Grand Turk. It's a beautiful island. Our snorkeling trip was very nice, but uncomfortably tight on time (returned at 620 pm, ship sailed at 630). I don't like running for the ship on vacation, especially when I booked with the cruise line.

Godraeb4

1 review

Snorkel & stingray along the reef! Fabulous! The water here is especially amazing. I want to explore more of the island next time.

dtwilkin

1 review

Enjoyed this very much as well. Swam with fish all around us and even some nurse sharks. Only negative was I got a bit chilly after being in the water for a while. It was abou 80 degrees that day, but the sun was in and out.

drtravel47

The power snorkeling was excellent, kudos to the local staff, but, like most shore excursions that were scheduled to leave near noon, was delayed (our almost an hour). Carnival Cruise Line Inc. has spent $$ to build this cruise port, with a lovely beach directly next to the ships.

Supp2U

1 review

We were greeted not far from debarkation in Grand Turk and escorted a short walk to the docks where we boarded a boat that rode us about 20 minutes to the reef where we would be snorkeling. Our captain, Stumpy, did a wonderful job of identifying his crew members and their roles as well as instructing everyone of all levels of experience. When we got in the water, we found reef sharks swimming below us! The crew members dove and fed them and assisted us all in diving and even touching the sharks! After we got back in the boat, there was water and non-alcoholic punch avalable for us. We then rode to a secluded beach where we got in the water with stingrays of all sizes. The crew was very gentle with the rays as well as even the wimpiest of passengers. My only complaint is about the photographer. One of the rays was getting obviously stressed from all the handling. When I commented on it, she told me it was because it was so heavy. I don't know of anyone that stupid and I didn't appreciate being treated so. After we all got back onboard, in full view of everyone, the crew cleaned all the snorkel equipment with a bleach solution, which greatly impressed me. Aside from the minor irritation of the photographer, I would definitely recommend this excursion and will do it again.

WaTeRMaNiaC

This was one of the best stops for me. We had a snorkel tour that we setup independently and there were only 2 other couples with us. We were taken to two different snorkel sites. We saw some nurse sharks on the reef that were very friendly and our guide swam down to the bottom and was petting them to put everyone at ease. The second stop was on the Grand Turk wall which was beautiful and there were several fish to see. After that we returned to the beach and visted a bar called Jack's Place and had a couple of beers and some of the best jerk chicken that I have ever had. After this stop we walked on the beach to Margaritaville's pool and swam up to the bar until it was time to reboard the ship. Beers were more expensive here than they were on the ship. If you can believe that.

galian84

LOVED Grand Turk, and again, beautiful weather to boot. We did the reef and rays tour, where we were able to swim with, and touch sharks and stingrays. Great tour for the $56/person we paid. The sharks and stingrays were gentle and they let you touch them. When we went to the stingray cove, our tour guides let us touch and kiss the stingrays, and then gave us a "stingray massage" (lol!). Another gorgeous island, and when we were on the beach we did a little snorkeling on our own. The only downside? My boyfriend got stung by a jellyfish on the beach :/

RyanDMB99@aol.com

Went to two locations where they had us dive and see fish be fed. At the second location they fed small reef sharks and we got to pet them. I'd never snorkeled before so it was a lot of fun.

QGirl86

1 review

We were given the equipment and then pointed towards the water. Having never snorkeled we relied on fellow passengers to explain how to put on the vest and blow it up. How to get a tight seal on the mask, how to blow through the snorkel and not drink the salt water. The representatives were friendly enough.

markinmaryland

1 review

Wonderful. Amazing to see the shelf drop off to nothing. Lots of fish, even some docile sharks.

backdro69

1 review

Captain Dan and his staff kept it "jiggy" and offered a wonderful experience. Not to be missed.

dbmm

That was a power-snorkel tour! It was really fun! The water was clear. There was not as many fish but we saw some barracudas!

nnjprman

alesail

1 review

Oasis Sting Ray Tour-Wonderful experience! Fantastic Company. Lots of time with a one on one with String Rays. Guides were wonderful and lots of time to snorkel afterward.

2legit2quit

1 review

Very fun! Though I did expect the beaches to me pure white sand (had many rocks and grains), and my life jacket didn't work too well, it was amazing! Definitely worth the money, saw a shark too!

ugadan67

1 review

Grand Turk was our favorite port. It was beautiful and convenient. The ship docked at the pier and there was shopping right there. Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville restaurant and large pool was very nice. We went on a great snorkeling adventure and saw nurse sharks! We went to a low key restaurant on the beach called Last City or something just down from Margaritaville. Had a great lunch of jerk chicken and fried conk. This was our favorite port!

KonaS

1 review

Really fun, experienced crew and captain, but not enough time to have the fun. But we saw nurse sharks and beautiful fish and a 6,000 foot drop off! It was spectacular!

AllTattedUpJay

1 review

The guides were extremely friendly and informative. We were able to see coral, yellow snapper, barracuda, as well as snorkel out to the edge of the shelf where the ocean suddenly goes from 40ft deep to over 7000ft deep. Also a glass of homemade island rum punch was offered upon return to shore. We enjoyed this excursion very much.

airjar

1 review

Power snorkeling was so much fun. The guides were great. Saw some great fish and a nose shark to boot!

sgt. mike

Capt. Mark and his crew on the Sea Passion were great. This is a must for people who love to snorkel.

groomermichelle

1 review

Great Time Power Snokeling , I give it a 5 out of 5. Read my review.

ricok987

Snorkling at Gibbs Cay: water was very clear, not much to see there in the water though.

MarketingVirgo

1 review

Took the 2:30 excursion via catamaran to snorkeling destination. Saw the library drop off with skilled guides who were very safety conscious. They were able to bring fish up so we could see many varieties and felt as if we were swimming with them. The music and rum punch afterward made for a fun event.

okgladmom

Oh my word, what a fun excursion!! A short ride across the island gave us a chance to see the scenery before getting to power snorkel. I'd recommend this excursion to anyone because it was not your basic snorkel trip! We were instructed how to use the "under water propulsion unit", taken off shore and started snorkeling. It was simple and fun to use! The water was beautiful and we saw tons of fish. Going out to the 7,000 foot drop off was exciting too. We loved this and would definitely do it again. After getting back to the port area, we were heading down the beach to eat at Jack's Shack but didn't make it that far. Instead, we stopped at a little beach side restaurant just past Margaritaville. I can't remember the name, but we enjoyed the conch fritters.

luvmyjrt

1 review

Great excursion! Range of ages from 13 to 60 and all enjoyed the trip!

tinrose56

Have to book through cruise line, independent operators are not available. Snorkeling was great.

redinmd

1 review

Great beach next to the dock. Beautiful water and surroundings. Did the Stingray and Snorkeling tour and worth the money..some of the best snorkeling I've done; crystal waters and vibrant colored fish -Recommend!

jevans9772

1 review

Typical of the beach. I want to tell you that we did not book this cruise to tour the islands. We wanted to be pampered on the ship for the 10 days ...WE WERE!

Provider: Silversea Cruises

doop11

1 review

Too many people, and we had to wait for late people even though were to exactly what time to show, so our excursion was shorter beacuse the boat was leaving. It was hard to snorkel with so many people and our guides were always telling us to gather together. My daughter and I were stung by jellyfish, so that was an experience. The port and beach itself was one of the cleanest and the beach was just off the ship so we enjoyed that port most beacuase we didnt have to taxi to a beach.